Todays closed door game against Hamilton

TMWWBK

According to the official site, we won 5-0.

STEVEN NAISMITH continued his comeback from a serious knee injury today with another goal as Rangers beat an experimental Hamilton side 5-0.

The teams met in a closed-doors friendly at Murray Park and the former Kilmarnock forward played almost 70 minutes before coming off.

Gers led 1-0 at the break thanks to Nacho Novo's strike before Naismith doubled the advantage with a penalty after DaMarcus Beasley was brought down.

It was the 22-year-old's second strike in as many games after he found the net on his return against St Mirren's reserves last Tuesday afternoon.

Aaron's brace, one of which came from the spot, and a Kyle Lafferty effort seated this afternoon's victory as assistant manager Ally McCoist looked on.

Pictures of the game can be found here.

I have no idea about the teams or anything, sorry.

Good to see Naisey back (tu)

I doubt Naismith will be back in the first team anytime soon and rightly so; there's no need to rush him. The fact that Aaron is keeping up his current run of good form is the most pleasing news for me.

I doubt Naismith will be back in the first team anytime soon and rightly so; there's no need to rush him. The fact that Aaron is keeping up his current run of good form is the most pleasing news for me.

Nah i don't expect him back anytime soon in the first team, i just ment good to see him back in general from injury (tu)

Nah i don't expect him back anytime soon in the first team, i just ment good to see him back in general from injury (tu)

Agreed.

We need to take it slowly, Aaron needs a chance first, but I like Naismith and think he can be a good player for us.

He'll need to put on about 3 stone and grow another foot in height before he's considered for an away game :(

He'll need to put on about 3 stone and grow another foot in height before he's considered for an away game :(

rumour has it that 6 reserve team players have signed a deal with bupa,they have hired a team of private plastic surgeons to make them look like Lee McCulloch as its the only way they are ever likely to get a fuckin game.

Great to see Naismith back scoring every goal will be a shoot in the arm for the boy, also its good to see Lafferty scoring too, I know it was only a bounce game but its starting to look good for Kyle, and maybe thats Aaron starting to find his feet as well, its now getting to the stage where Smith must deciede if these boys can take the 1st team forward.

i see naismith being our left sided midfielder after the old firm game

hopefully not

hopefully when he is fit he take millers place and lafferty takes boyds place

and try a totally untested partnership in one of the most important matches of the season ?

hopefully not

and try a totally untested partnership in one of the most important matches of the season ?

when naismith is totally fit

there isnt a hope in hell that naismith will eb fit for the old firm

hopefully not

People say the strangest of things.

care to elaborate

Why would you want to replace a fairly working partnership with them 2??? Never thought Naismith looked up to much when he was playing, maybe he was playing the wrong position. Big Lafferty however will come good but untill the Boyd/Miller partnership breaks down then there is no need for silly suggestions like yours.

hopefully not

care to elaborate

Why would you want to replace a fairly working partnership with them 2??? Never thought Naismith looked up to much when he was playing, maybe he was playing the wrong position. Big Lafferty however will come good but untill the Boyd/Miller partnership breaks down then there is no need for silly suggestions like yours.

Boyd an miller 24 goals between them and not even halfway through yet name one other strike partnership doing this at the moment

hopefully not

care to elaborate

silly suggestion dont make me laugh. Lafferty has a better tocuh more pace prob better in the air than Boyd. Naismith would be better striker than miller he is more clinical finsher quicker