Hope for the Title

Celtic will either get a confidence boost from this result and stop dropping points or get a false sense of security and still drop points....time will tell

thing is if we drop further behind we are finished. Winning away ganes is agonisingly difficult for us so the result on Saturday was a massive dent. The team just didn't seem to possess the urgency needed to get the points.

Guest The Brown Brogue

I'm afraid my hope for the title is already pretty much non-existant now, even more so if they strengthen at all in the January window.

We obviously need them to lose a few but that means we cant drop points but can any of you honestly see that happening with this current crop of crap we have

They dont have it and their heads will be down because they have no self belief or someone to motivate them and kisk their arses

IMO, the league has gone its been dodgy all season but Sat. has finished it, DO you see them dropping more points than us I dont. If they do look like dropping something the Rhef,s in this poxy backwater we play in will see their own kind right.

WE ARE PISH, THEY ARE NOT ANY BETTER,BUT THEY,RE GETTING THE BREAKS, how that wasnt a pen on Sat. beats me a goal bound shot stopped by a hand isnt a pen. a cop out by tim rhef,s not to give anything against them, it is not a level playing field so there can only be one winner.

IMO, the league has gone its been dodgy all season but Sat. has finished it, DO you see them dropping more points than us I dont. If they do look like dropping something the Rhef,s in this poxy backwater we play in will see their own kind right.

WE ARE PISH, THEY ARE NOT ANY BETTER,BUT THEY,RE GETTING THE BREAKS, how that wasnt a pen on Sat. beats me a goal bound shot stopped by a hand isnt a pen. a cop out by tim rhef,s not to give anything against them, it is not a level playing field so there can only be one winner.

And dont forget they hate us more than they love their own club, they will be going that extra mile to stop us pulling it back

And dont forget they hate us more than they love their own club, they will be going that extra mile to stop us pulling it back

I actually know tims who have come away with that statement,that they HATE US, more than they love their own team...........maybe thats whats wrong with us we arent driven by the same hate,of them its an energy that can take you far.

the league is over for me and not just through Saturdays result, because Celtic WILL spend money strengthening in January and we will not, moving the pendulum even further in their favour. Our club will fall further and further behind those bastards until we get a new owner and management, thats it in a nutshell for me.

I actually know tims who have come away with that statement,that they HATE US, more than they love their own team...........maybe thats whats wrong with us we arent driven by the same hate,of them its an energy that can take you far.

I know tims who cant beleive they won that shows you how pish we are <cr>

I like to think of myself as a realist , and as of this point I really don't hold out much hope for us winning this title. To be honest , for me the real litmus test was wether we could go to Tannadice and get a win there , but as we all know that wasn't to be.

I see the 0-1 defeat as confirmation that we will be relying on miracles to be in contention come May , and those miracles will have to take the shape of : 2 wins back-to-back Vs the Tims - plus a couple of other sides will need to take points from them to help us out. I definitely can't see us holding together a gigantic winning sequence as with last season.

It's all fucked.

we just have to draw hope from the fact that they should drop points they haven't exactly crushed other teams

I think the January window could be very significant if they strengthen better than us...then we are well and truly finished

That's just it though....there is no way on earth that, with the current defence, we won't drop more points than them. Smith has to make this transfer window one of his best to give us any hope at all. He has to be bold & drop the likes of Weir & Ferguson. Trouble is that he's just not going to do that.

We do have Naismith coming back, but it would be unfair to rely on him too much. I certainly hope he's going to act fast & sharp come 1/1/09!

Jesus, how pathetic are some people? Seriously, get down the doctors and get some valium

How did the tims react to a home defeat by us? 12 match unbeaten run, with defiant support from their fans. They also clawed back a 7 point deficit.

How do we react? "oh its all shit, its all over, fuck it all lets greet about it and cry into our keyboards"

Its December, plenty of games to go. Maybe we should get behind the team? No of course not, because Smith is in charge? Murray is still there and we dont know which 1 song we cant sing.

When the hell did our great support become so lame?

we just have to draw hope from the fact that they should drop points they haven't exactly crushed other teams

I think the January window could be very significant if they strengthen better than us...then we are well and truly finished

That's just it though....there is no way on earth that, with the current defence, we won't drop more points than them. Smith has to make this transfer window one of his best to give us any hope at all. He has to be bold & drop the likes of Weir & Ferguson. Trouble is that he's just not going to do that.

We do have Naismith coming back, but it would be unfair to rely on him too much. I certainly hope he's going to act fast & sharp come 1/1/09!

Is our defence not the best in the league? We have also scored more goals than anyone else

this season it seems.

we had 38,000 inside ibrox for the uefa cup beamback, and another 200-250,000 in manchester,

now it seems some of our home support don't know how to sing, to show support to the team :(

Its all over thanks to team that played on saturday(albeit 2nd half) with no guts

and a management team who have not got a clue.

And to round it off a penalty that should have been,was denied by the ref who was

about 15 yds away with a clear view and a few wrongly offside decisions by the

Govan side linesman in the first half,these are the breaks every team needs and

we get feck all again.

Jesus, how pathetic are some people? Seriously, get down the doctors and get some valium

How did the tims react to a home defeat by us? 12 match unbeaten run, with defiant support from their fans. They also clawed back a 7 point deficit.

How do we react? "oh its all shit, its all over, fuck it all lets greet about it and cry into our keyboards"

Its December, plenty of games to go. Maybe we should get behind the team? No of course not, because Smith is in charge? Murray is still there and we dont know which 1 song we cant sing.

How many set backs have we had this season - how many times have the players had the chance to make up for their powder puff performances, put a run of wins together, make up for dissappointments....?

The celtc support have been just as bad as us, it's only the away support, like our that get right behind their team.

The players have already surrendered on numerious occassions this season.

we dropped points all over the place since then not just against Celtic which doesn't provide us with a lot of optimism. It doesn't mean folks don't support the team it means our confidence in winning the title has been severely dented.

We need Celtic to drop 8 points and us to win every game in order to get back on top. That looks a long way off.

Is our defence not the best in the league? We have also scored more goals than anyone else

Means nothing when we are 7 points behind a brutal celtc team!

exactly. Theres no point sticking 7 past hamilton or 5 past inverness when you cant score away to st mirren or at home to celtic. I would far rather we won those 4 games 1-0 than scored 12 goals in 2 of them and none in the other 2. We are far too inconsistant. We arent a great side but we are not an awful side either. On our day we can play some fantastic football and tear teams apart but then in others we seem like we are running in sand and cant string 2 passes together. IF we can sort that out and do exactly what celtic did after we tanked them in august ie go on a 12match winning run then we still have a chance of winning the league. It looks unlikely yes but while there is a chance i still believe we can do it. Celtic are pish and they will drop points between now and the next old firm, we just have to make sure we put the pressure on them when they do and then finish our chances when we get them this time. I still cant believe we didnt win that game on saturday even if we didnt play that well.

Celtic will either get a confidence boost from this result and stop dropping points or get a false sense of security and still drop points....time will tell

thing is if we drop further behind we are finished. Winning away ganes is agonisingly difficult for us so the result on Saturday was a massive dent. The team just didn't seem to possess the urgency needed to get the points.

A man from the moon could have told us this