Gow to Wolves - Fee Agreed

BLUEDIGNITY

Wolves and Glasgow Rangers have agreed a fee of around £250,000 for Alan Gow – as interest turns again to Bristol City’s Marvin Elliott.

Sources in Glasgow believe Wolves have matched the asking price for the skilful forward also agreed by Blackpool.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/01/03/w...ee-fee-for-gow/

bye bye gow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that fud smith just signs people to get the numbers up in our squad.

wits he point in that but they never get a game even when we need them. i.e. last year we didnt need to play outr best team every week we could have used gow and some of the younger players especially the way the games went last season.

all the best alan, hope it works out for you. I know people say he didnt play great in the reserves but surely he deserved a chance over charlie adam, i cant believe adam actually had good games for the reserves either. Well hes not going to play for us so a couple of hundred thousand in our pocket is better than nothing and i read somewhere he was on £7k a week so its good to get that off the wage bill as well.

shame because that donkey smith never gave the boy a chance and im sure he could of made a good wee go at it but thats what weve come to expect from smith he signs good players flings them into the reserves for a season then sells them for less than what we got them for but what can we do best of luck to the guy

All the best Alan!

Would also have liked him to get a chance to prove himself and last season when we had to play 3 games a week WS surely could have started him at least once or twice over Adam. But it seems he'll never get a league game under Smith anyway, so it's probably for the better.

Still a waste though IMO.

Pathetic management. Deserved a chance, especially with our shortage of proper wingers at the moment.

Anyway, All the best at Wolves. Could be a Premiership player soon!

It's a great move, but I have 2 points to make:

1: He isn't a winger.

2: Why is hutton in your avatar?

Even though McCarthy has been a fan of Gow since his Falkirk days I think that this is a very interesting one.

McCarthy has a history, and a good track record, of taking a chance on guys who are performing well in the English lower leagues.

I think he will be a success down there.