Walt: I want Celtic pride

disgruntled_bear

WALTER SMITH says Rangers only have one way of getting back into the title race — by showing the same PRIDE as Celtic.

Gers are seven points behind their rivals after Saturday’s Old Firm loss.

Smith reckons that there’s little between the pair but insists they have to show more grit to claw the Hoops back.

Champions

He said: “There is not much between the teams but Celtic have shown pride and determination in terms of being champions.

“It has seen them through a period when they have maybe not been playing their best football but have been winning games. Credit to them for that. We have not shown that edge. We have lost this month to Celtic and Hearts which has been disappointing for us — it is something we have to develop.”

Smith knows there is little room for any more slip-ups.

He wants his side to show the form they showed this time last season when they went on a 13-game winning streak in the SPL.

Smith said: “We have a situation where we know we have to go on that type of run if we hope to get ourselves back in the championship race.

Trailing

“It was a big disappointment to lose the game and losing our home record at the same time. League wise, it gives us a lot to do now in the second half of the season.

“We have reached the halfway stage and we find ourselves trailing Celtic by seven points which is not what anyone wants.”

Smith added: “We won the game at Celtic Park — when the chances came we took them. There wasn’t much between the two teams in the first half there.

“We took our chances and capitalised on an error. The games have been like that. We maybe edged the number of opportunities on Saturday but Celtic got the goal and we were struggling after that.”

Charlie Adam was a surprise starter against Celtic and Smith insists he still has a part to play at Ibrox even though the club will listen to offers.

He said: “He gives us good balance and a bit of strength.”

Smith hopes Madjid Bougherra will be back for Sunday’s clash with Caley Thistle after missing the Celtic game due to a thigh strain.

Meanwhile, Hamilton have made a bold bid to sign highly rated Gers reserve star Jordan McMillan in a six month loan deal.

Accies boss Billy Reid is desperate to bolster his squad for their relegation scrap.

And McMillan has been targeted as the man to help keep the club in the top flight.

The 20-year-old is one of the most promising youngsters on the books at Ibrox.

McMillan has yet to make his first-team debut but is a regular on the bench as one of the under-21 players.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle2081746.ece

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fcuk off and stop resorting to and bumming up celtc - I'm fed up of it. We are Rangers, fcuk celtc.

If you have to look at celtc for examples then there is something far wrong.

“He gives us good balance and a bit of strength.”

He doesn't give us either of them. He's more suited to a central role so I can't see why he'd give us more balance than someone like Aaron or Beasley.

As for strength, I've seldom watched him outmuscle a player.

And I'm gutted about the McMillan part. He should be playing in the 1st team, he's the best RB at the club!

Atleast it's only on loan i suppose.

One thing is for sure we will get a chance to see him playing in the SPL.

The sad thing is, our manager would rather play two complete and utter dumplings at RB than give McMillan a chance. If he's happy to go with Whittaker at RB then we are in serious trouble as he is fcuking brutal. All it takes is an injury to Broadfoot and we are in big trouble. We are already short in the full back areas.

One good thing about the move is that Billy Reid has a problem at RB and he's not scared to play youth. Hipefully McMillan will go out on loan, play well and come back to Rangers and get the chance. He is far too talented to let him slip through-out our fingers without even giving him a chance!

And I'm gutted about the McMillan part. He should be playing in the 1st team, he's the best RB at the club!

Atleast it's only on loan i suppose.

One thing is for sure we will get a chance to see him playing in the SPL.

The sad thing is, our manager would rather play two complete and utter dumplings at RB than give McMillan a chance. If he's happy to go with Whittaker at RB then we are in serious trouble as he is fcuking brutal. All it takes is an injury to Broadfoot and we are in big trouble. We are already short in the full back areas.

One good thing about the move is that Billy Reid has a problem at RB and he's not scared to play youth. Hipefully McMillan will go out on loan, play well and come back to Rangers and get the chance. He is far too talented to let him slip through-out our fingers without even giving him a chance!

Thats what i'm trying to say :beer2:

Yeah Billy Reid and the set up at Accies will do McMillan the world of good (tu)

Our biggest winning streak this season stretches to four games.

That's worse than Hearts. doh

It's worse than St. Mirren!

Just checked, they're on four so if St Mirren win their next game they'll have a better winning streak than us.

I thought you were joking. :anguish:

Our biggest winning streak this season stretches to four games.

That's worse than Hearts. doh

It's worse than St. Mirren!

Just checked, they're on four so if St Mirren win their next game they'll have a better winning streak than us.

I thought you were joking. :anguish:

No - that's why Gus McPherson got MOTM and he deserved it. Unbeaten in December, 4 wins and a club record. I hope he makes it 5 in a row!

Guest johngers

Who gives a shit about Celtic?

Concentrate on sorting your own team.

We don't want to compare with them to see how we could equal them. We want to better them.