union jacks

majorcager

just watched some guff on the news about so called discontent amongst certain sections of the rangers support regards the union jacks for the next european game. Think ive heard it all now prior to the Villareal fiasco this would never have been a problem. Now its seems to be a contentious issue or is it just another ploy by the press at divide and conquer.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its contentious for me thats for sure, I won't be holding up any Union Jacks that are at my seat if there at any.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/default.stm and go to the link that says ' Use the BBC Scotland Player to watch and listen to programmes' and then to news programmes and then to Reporting Scotland and then if you don't want to watch the show from the start, you can fast forward/jump to the 4th or 5th minute to see the Rangers piece they have on that Tel Aviv match about the union celebration

Its contentious for me thats for sure, I won't be holding up any Union Jacks that are at my seat if there at any.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/default.stm and go to the link that says ' Use the BBC Scotland Player to watch and listen to programmes' and then to news programmes and then to Reporting Scotland and then if you don't want to watch the show from the start, you can fast forward/jump to the 4th or 5th minute to see the Rangers piece they have on that Tel Aviv match about the union celebration

please elaborate

I thought that was quite clear pal, if you mean, elaborate on why I won't be flying my wee union jack then that is because there's too much Britishness at Ibrox already without this and thats why, without getting too political.

A think what the guys of the Blue Order are doing for this game is an excellent idea they are trying to show our proud roots of being a British Club with the Union Jacks and then the Saltires to show our Scottish roots and if my seat has a Union Jack then i will have no problem to lift it and wave it!! A think the people who are anti-English mite not wave a Union Jack thats just ma opinion but if they dnt wanna wave Union Jacks then thats fine and its there choice!!

I thought that was quite clear pal, if you mean, elaborate on why I won't be flying my wee union jack then that is because there's too much Britishness at Ibrox already without this and thats why, without getting too political.

I respect your opinion but it saddens me non the less

I respect your opinion but it saddens me non the less

Too much Britishness.......... Eh We are a Scottish/British Club

I'd see the point if we were flying Spanish flags...... I fail to see what the problem is.

you should be proud to wave the union jack as all people who the union jack represents, fough in the wars together and loads of them died in the trenches together. you should never forget that, nd be proud to be british.

you should be proud to wave the union jack as all people who the union jack represents, fough in the wars together and loads of them died in the trenches together. you should never forget that, nd be proud to be british.

Its a fair point minstral.

I still think he has a right to disagree with it.

he has a right its his choice, but i just dont understand why.

Nonsense. Just because you live on these isles and as allied forces our countries fought together against a foreign dictator means that all of a sudden we shoudl forget that the Act of the Union was an illegal act? And the fact that several of my Jacobite ancestors from Western Scotland died at the hands of the english means that I should welcome the Union for the greater glory of the kingdom? think not chum. either you're too young to know any better, or you dont know your west-coast scottish history well enough. To suggest that we should be happy to wave the "UNION FLAG" (the Union Jack is a Naval flag) is both ignorant and typically condescending.

unitedkingdom_gl.gif

Tis thy flag and my flag,

The best of flags on earth.

So cherish it my children

It's yours by right of birth.

Your fathers fought,

Your fathers died,

To raise it to the skies

And we like them must never yield

But keep it flying high.

great one mate as i said we all fought and and lots died together in the wars. (tu)

unitedkingdom_gl.gif

Tis thy flag and my flag,

The best of flags on earth.

So cherish it my children

It's yours by right of birth.

Your fathers fought,

Your fathers died,

To raise it to the skies

And we like them must never yield

But keep it flying high.

great one mate as i said we all fought and and lots died together in the wars. (tu)

doh

Unpopular with some Ricardo....but illegal ?

You will have to run that one by me........

Too late at night and a long story mate - but remind me over the next few days and I will gladly enlighten you.

I think a lack of cohesion and unity amongst the opposing parties was one of the main causes the opposition failed....but I look forward to you "enlightening" me :lol: