Kenny Miller - Time to drop him!

Muff

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Novo could do Miller's job - but he'd also weigh in with goals.

I agree.

Naismith___Lafferty

Novo___Lafferty

:lol:

You seem to prefer laughing at a perfectly reasonable post to actually making a point. Interesting.

I agree.

All you can say?

yes, would like to even Aaron come in for him its best position just off the striker in "the hole"

Would be interesting, and, I would have no issues with that in a cup game at this stage of it (tu)

I think Miller needs a rest, and, as Muff said, Novo would bring as much, if not a little more to the dance in the same role, as might Lafferty. Naismith> We know Naisy and Boyd works, we saw it at Killlie

edit: Boyd is still scoring, I dont see a reason to drop him to be honest. Similar to the situation with Alexander, he was dropped for McGregor while playing well, and there was uproar on here, yet, a number would like to do the same with Boyd?

yes, would like to even Aaron come in for him its best position just off the striker in "the hole"

I dunno where to start on this...

Ive seen Aaron at least 8 times this season and seen him play for Spain and he has NEVER played just off the stiker "in the hole"

Even if he did when do we ever play someone there...

Playing too much FM mate.

Ive seen Aaron at least 8 times this season and seen him play for Spain and he has NEVER played just off the stiker "in the hole"

(tu)

(tu)

FM says he is a Right winger/Forward yet people want him to play LW :craphead:

(tu)

FM says he is a Right winger/Forward yet people want him to play LW :craphead:

:craphead:

Been poor for the last number of games. Too many heavy touches, wasted passes and he tries far too many flicks. Along with not being able to hit a barn door.

His link up play was awful, his touch was pathetic, he gave away possession and never really cotributed anything.

He's had his good games and he's had his bad ones and overall, he's not been good enough. No suprise that he looks to be struggling with his calf, an injury that's hampered him for over a year.

It's the subs bench for me - starting at Perth next week!

And another thing, that challenge on him by Proctor was a disgrace!

Yes, he should (as I have said all along) GTF immediately. No room for dirty turncoat double-jump-the-dyke scumbags at Rangers. (tu)

Aaron has played in that role in a number of occassions for Valencia B, Xerez, Iraklis and in the U-17's and 19's.

Aye right man...

When he played in the unders for Spain he played as a stiker or a wide forward, how you can even suggest he played there for those other teams is ridiculous mate it really is, for all we know he could have been playing in goals!

I dare say hes played in a central attacking role at some point, but to claim its his best position is rubbish!

I never claimed it was his best position.

He's pretty effective in that role as he links up well, he likes to drift out wide, pick up the ball and come inside. He also likes picking the ball up deep and bringing it forward, he likes to get forward and support the strikers.

I never claimed it was his best position.

He's pretty effective in that role as he links up well, he likes to drift out wide, pick up the ball and come inside. He also likes picking the ball up deep and bringing it forward, he likes to get forward and support the strikers.

I never said you did mate, my original response was in reply to that claim.

I think on paper he could be effective in that role but this is a young lad who tbh hasnt shone in the reserves but has done ok, played 15mins against Accies and done well yet people think he should be starting games for the 1st team.

Nobody will doubt his best attributes are when hes got the ball at his feet, hes got pace and as you said can link up well but there is no way he will play...

Maybe in a cup game or something like that but its a risk that Smith wont take..Lafferty,Novo, Velicka and a fit again Naismith will be ahead of him to play!

I didn't think Miller played well today, but I'm left wondering why we should change up the forwards to people that really haven't proven themselves there? Do we have the ability to test out various partnerships in matches that we HAVE to win now? That seems like a pretty big risk at the moment.

I would be all for trying Lafferty, Naismith, Novo, or Velicka up front in cup games, but with a tricky run of matches coming up, I'm not sure this is the time to slice and dice our lineup. Of course, Miller's injury is something we need to keep an eye on, because that would merit trying somebody else in his place.