Lies...£5million pursuit of Barry Ferguson

5 mill?

id take it and im a barry bum boy - we have mendes, davis and thommo for the centre of midfield....we would be silly if we turned down 5 million pounds now for fergie silly

If Newcastle are seriously willing to pay 5 million for Ferguson then we should be on the phone to them right now.

You pack his bags mate and i'll drive him there. (tu);)

£5 million for a player who is 31 and hardly setting the heather on fire is an absolute steal. I don't really know why Newcastle would be prepared to pay such an inflated price for him but i suppose when you are a Premiership club that kind of money is small change.

It was only a matter of time before Boyd, McCulloch, McGregor, Broadfoot et all came out and publicly backed 'Bazza'.

I never thought we would get the chance to mess up as badly as we did when we rejected £2M for McCulloch in the summer, but God, rejecting £5M for Ferguson would certainly put that in the shade.

I kinda hope he gets an extension, just to watch some people on here go into meltdown

He had a very good second half and, is fine as a holding MF

Fair point however I feel we're more than covered in that area of the pitch while were short in other areas. Take the money and sort those other areas out would seem like a plan!

SunSport understands Ferguson, who turns 31 next month, is happy at Gers and is considering a contract extension offer.

He has already stated he wants to end his career at Ibrox and isn’t keen to head back south.

:anguish:

your fuckin jokin me 3 million is a bargin get him out go down there to prove how shite he really is AGAIN

SunSport understands Ferguson, who turns 31 next month, is happy at Gers and is considering a contract extension offer.

He has already stated he wants to end his career at Ibrox and isn’t keen to head back south.

your fuckin jokin me 3 million is a bargin get him out go down there to prove how shite he really is AGAIN

But Ferguson wasn't shit in England, far from it infact.

But Ferguson wasn't shit in England, far from it infact.

I dont understand why people think this?

He was the captain of a good Blackburn side, and Hughes really didnt want to let him leave.

gets overlooked, cause he had an injury and the games he did play he was looking quite decent, sure he won man oh the match a couple of times, he aint the best but could be pivotal for us this season

I dont understand why people think this?

He was the captain of a good Blackburn side, and Hughes really didnt want to let him leave.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he averaged MOTM something like every 1.8 games.

Hughes was desperate to keep him and as soon as it became public knowledge that he wanted to leave Blackburn there was talk of Everton, Newcastle, Aston Villa wanting him.

There was even talk that Liverpool, who had a bid rejected by Rangers in the past, had been keeping an eye on his progress too.

You don't have three, maybe four, Premiership sides chasing you if you have flopped (tu)

gets overlooked, cause he had an injury and the games he did play he was looking quite decent, sure he won man oh the match a couple of times, he aint the best but could be pivotal for us this season

He didn't fail there, but that was 6 years ago and he was in his mid twenties, it would be naive to think that he's going to produce that kind of form in the Premiership now or that he'd be worth another 2-3 year contract. My biggest worry is that he's almost a protected species and when his form does inevitably collapse (if it's not bad enough already) he'll still be one of the first names on the team sheet because of his reputation. There's no room for sentamentality here, if a club are seriously offering 3-5 million for him then we'd be idiots to turn it down.

he aint a protected species, i hope not, i just feel the press had a bigger part to play with the whole chairman barry thing, and its down to walter. no offers made yet anyway but i think there will be soon when that fat geordie guy comes back fae his hols, id take 3 upwards for him so we can replace him but if mendes gets fucked we cant just rely on the hope thaqt edu can do it, i ithink we shud keep hold till end of season at least unless we caan get a good replacement, can never have to many players

I get the feeling he is staying but if thommo was not injured i think murray would say yes to the sale hands down,

thommo is barry fergs replacement in my eyes, whens he back

I get the feeling he is staying but if thommo was not injured i think murray would say yes to the sale hands down,

thommo is barry fergs replacement in my eyes, whens he back

You must be joking? :rolleyes:

Ferguson is by far our most accomplished midfielder, a player who, on his day, has controlled games against world-class players. He can pass, tackle and has excellent balance. His reading of the game is also top-class.

Thomson can neither pass nor tackle, his movement and positioning are little short of woeful and his temperament is questionable to say the least.

It would be folly to offer Ferguson an extension on his current terms.

He's simply not worth £30,000 a week. It's hard to see how he's going to improve after the number of serious injuries he's suffered as well.

It's a hard one. If we really did get offered £5m for him, I'd take it.