Consistency - Smith got his wish!

Muff

No-one thought we'd win 5-1 but is asking for a decent performance too much to ask for?

Week after week after week we are served up with this pish. We hear the same old rubbish yet the performances never improve.

Tonight we were woeful - started off poorly as usual, poor at set pieces, long balls, no movement, midfield and strikers were poor, failure to keep hold of the ball, lack of the basics....

The result papers over the cracks once again.

Another tepid display from much of the team - especially the midfield and attack.

- Davis was awful again (other than the last 10mins or so) and seems to suffer badly from spikes/troughs in confidence. Not to mention an 'ability' to shirk out of 50/50 challenges.

- Ferguson was disgraceful and if he got any deeper would have been playing sweeper. Not that he would have tracked any runs then either. Lazy, slow and simply not a good enough level of performance.

- Naismith tried hard and had a few decent touches but was clearly unfit - Aaron or Fleck should have played ahead of him.

- Mendes flitted in and out of the game as usual but was generally anonymous and that's why we could have lost 3 or 4 goals in the first half.

- Defence played reasonably well but sat far too deep.

- Miller was abysmal and Boyd seemed to work hard enough at times but had no support and even less strength in the challenge.

Fortunately the introduction of Fleck lifted my spirits. St Johnstone were tiring but the lad found the space and touch other players couldn't for the previous 85mins.

Altogether unacceptable. No grit, no passion, no commitment and minimal work-rate resulting in continual low quality performances. We seem unable to get out of this rut and lack motivation for the most basic of opposition.

No-one thought we'd win 5-1 but is asking for a decent performance too much to ask for?

Week after week after week we are served up with this pish. We hear the same old rubbish yet the performances never improve.

Tonight we were woeful - started off poorly as usual, poor at set pieces, long balls, no movement, midfield and strikers were poor, failure to keep hold of the ball, lack of the basics....

The result papers over the cracks once again.

Games like this are always ones that players struggle to get fired up for and the main thing is we got the result.

This however should have been a game for freshening things up and giving a number of players a chance to play and put pressure on the 1st team.

The thing is that Smith isn't interested in this - he has his pals and thats it. ferguson is captain of thetreehouse and determines how we play - which results in the route 1 idea-defunct football.

I'd add Ferguson to the list of people to get rid of. he is symbolising everything that is worg with the club - he thinks he IS the club

Another tepid display from much of the team - especially the midfield and attack.

- Davis was awful again (other than the last 10mins or so) and seems to suffer badly from spikes/troughs in confidence. Not to mention an 'ability' to shirk out of 50/50 challenges.

- Ferguson was disgraceful and if he got any deeper would have been playing sweeper. Not that he would have tracked any runs then either. Lazy, slow and simply not a good enough level of performance.

- Naismith tried hard and had a few decent touches but was clearly unfit - Aaron or Fleck should have played ahead of him.

- Mendes flitted in and out of the game as usual but was generally anonymous and that's why we could have lost 3 or 4 goals in the first half.

- Miller was abysmal and Boyd seemed to work hard enough at times but had no support and even less strength in the challenge.

Fortunately the introduction of Fleck lifted my spirits. St Johnstone were tiring but the lad found the space and touch other players couldn't for the previous 85mins.

Altogether unacceptable. No grit, no passion, no commitment and minimal work-rate resulting in continual low quality performances. We seem unable to get out of this rut and lack motivation for the most basic of opposition.

Agree with every word.

Id agree with that

Fleck, Bougherra actually playing, and the result were the only positives

Miller is playing fuckin pish, i hope hes not putting his feet up because he thinks hes won us over, his miss for the goal was embarrassing

So, when does David Murray sit all the players down and have a go at them for their performances, when does he try to lift them?

He did it with Le Guen and it's quite clear he needs to do the same with this current management incharge.

The Introduction of Fleck tonight, and seeing a wee glimpse of the future is basically what i'm holding on to at the moment.

Tonight overall performance actually reminded me of PLG Rangers vs St.Johnstone at Ibrox, Obviously the result is different.

Were going Backwards instead of Forward :(

So, when does David Murray sit all the players down and have a go at them for their performances, when does he try to lift them?

He did it with Le Guen and it's quite clear he needs to do the same with this current management incharge.

You would think tonight with SDM in the stands, some of the players would have lifted there game too.

Midfield was pish and we were completly lacking width apart from the odd burst from naismith who clearly needs a few games to get back into the swing of things.

We were 10mins into the match before I even noticed Ferguson was playing, we should be playing these teams around the park but we seem to hold on for dear life until they make a mistake.

We cannot keep going to this and Walter needs to remove his head from his arse and make a change...PRONTO!!!!

Are we fit enough to perform well over 90 minutes?

As a team, I'd say Rangers are 30% less fit than they were under Le Guen.

its shocking, what exactly do the in Murray Park?

It doesn't involve fitness, technique or set-pieces.

In fact, what DO we actually do there? :blink:

Agree with every word.

No tempo, inability to make simple passes, no invention; the usual lazy high ball from too deep to a striker who is not good with his back to goal, outpassed in midfield. Poor quality all round.

One step frorward... then two steps back. That's how we are just now. I agree that as soon as Walter and Murray leave the better. I'll admit, I do feel a wee bit sorry for Murray though. He's put so much money into the team, but look where that's got us. Giving away people that we pay millions for.