Sasa Papac - Terrible this season

Craigy

After performing consistently well last season, many thought he had developed into a solid player for us. Although he played well I couldn't really see what all the fuss was about, the same with Broadfoot.

This season though, he's been really poor. His tackling, making runs, passing and even positioning has been very poor. I actually believe he's been the weakest link in the back four and has cost us quite a few times.

We're definately in need of new fullbacks as Papac & Broadfoot are not good enough. (tu)

He has been por the last 2 games otherwise he has been probably one of our most consistent performers. Even tonight his colleague on the other side has been consistently even poorer this season than he was last season especially since he got his cap and thought he was a footballer.

He has been por the last 2 games otherwise he has been probably one of our most consistent performers. Even tonight his colleague on the other side has been consistently even poorer this season than he was last season especially since he got his cap and thought he was a footballer.

Agree

He was awful tonight but he's been pretty consistant most of this season. We do need a LB at some point in the future but I'd rather a new RB first.

I agree, it's all about priorities. Papac was poor tonight, but there's more reason to think he can do a job consistently in the future than our options on the other side of defence.

Certainly not as good last season but it can't be easy when you have players out of position in front of you - not to mention constant the changes there.

Perhaps the management shouldn't be writing off Steven Smith so quickly?

He is under no pressure, who is breathing down his neck waiting to get a chance?

What I dont like is his lack of attacking abilty and to a lesser extent Broadfoots. When we are on top of teams we need the fullbacks to push up and provide more width to keep the opposition penned in. Davie Robertson and Arthur Numan had that mastered and Stevens, Hutton on the right. Dixon at Utd looks a good prospect and is the type of full back that our team is crying out for. Not another CB reverted to the position.

He is under no pressure, who is breathing down his neck waiting to get a chance?

What I dont like is his lack of attacking abilty and to a lesser extent Broadfoots. When we are on top of teams we need the fullbacks to push up and provide more width to keep the opposition penned in. Davie Robertson and Arthur Numan had that mastered and Stevens, Hutton on the right. Dixon at Utd looks a good prospect and is the type of full back that our team is crying out for. Not another CB reverted to the position.

You make a good point.

Papac and Broadfoot have generally done reasonably well over the last while. However, they seem to have reached a ceiling in their development so we should really be looking for players to challenge them.

We do have Whittaker and Smith who are more natural full backs but even they have their problems. I'd rather we gave our own youth players a chance than sign more untested players from SPL clubs.

Papac is maybe suffering slightly from raised expectations which saw him become a cult hero after an outstanding season last year.

He isn’t playing particularly badly, and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with his new contract.

He is still solid enough and is doing a decent job. He has made a few errors though and needs to cut these out his game

1 bad game ffs and he is useless now :doh:

It's been more than one bad game.

He was great for us last season, but the amount of cross balls he gets caught out on, not to mention his poor attacking play suggests we really need better at full back.

It's more than 1 bad game he has had. The guy dives in for tackles, couldn't win a header if he tried and offers nothing down the left side. The guy looks like what he is, a centre back trying to play left back.

It's more than 1 bad game he has had. The guy dives in for tackles, couldn't win a header if he tried and offers nothing down the left side. The guy looks like what he is, a centre back trying to play left back.

my bad hes had 2 or 3, i myself would prefer stevie smith but thats not going to happen, we have THE best defense in the league so cant be all that bad. as for getting caught out at high balls its more to do with weir leaving him with 2 men to mark ( weirs a bit of a ball watcher) example of this would be the utd match.

spot on mate (tu)

the biggest problem with the defence is the midfield

when we had thomson and/or hemdani in there breaking up things they were put under less pressure in the final third and also when we had the midfield 5 last season the left and right back got more protection than they are getting now with the 4 - which is particularly a problem on the left because of the lack of a proper left midfielder rather than a forward playing out of position or even someone playing in the position for a few games in a row rather than chopping and changing every week.

Started a thread on him a few weeks ago. A player who has never impressed me but he did have a decent season last year.

I think he's been poor this season. Certainly not one of our most consistant performers - the amount of times he gives the ball away and gets caught out is embarrassing. Last night he was atrocious!

Yet another position we need to replace.

After performing consistently well last season, many thought he had developed into a solid player for us. Although he played well I couldn't really see what all the fuss was about, the same with Broadfoot.

This season though, he's been really poor. His tackling, making runs, passing and even positioning has been very poor. I actually believe he's been the weakest link in the back four and has cost us quite a few times.

We're definately in need of new fullbacks as Papac & Broadfoot are not good enough. (tu)

Broadfoot has continually played well but i've been really disappointed in Papac.

He had a good season last season but I don't think he's good enough.

I know we have no money but a left back should be a priority.

Even a loan signing till the ebd of the season with a view to buy!