Today's Daily Record

kasabian101

It seems Walter is pissed off at "faceless internet" fans. I'm a big fan of Walter but I think his comments were a bit stupid. Citizen journalism is an important part of our society because of papers like The Sun. I wonder if Walter was told by SDM what to say at that press conference? He probably doesn't know how to use the internet anyway!

It seems Walter is pissed off at "faceless internet" fans. I'm a big fan of Walter but I think his comments were a bit stupid. Citizen journalism is an important part of our society because of papers like The Sun. I wonder if Walter was told by SDM what to say at that press conference? He probably doesn't know how to use the internet anyway!

What WS fails to take into consideration is that he himself is in a very privileged position.

Any other manager who had shown such ineptness, both tactically and financially (buying players) would have been shown the door months ago.

His failure to beat a poor Kaunas side, thus depriving the club of the finances and prestige of European football should have sounded the death knell for him.

Poor buys in a panicky, post-Kaunas, st. vitus dance of a spending spree failed to redress his obvious deficiencies. Playing players out of position, playing formations that don't work and most criminal of all, playing players who are out of form just because their faces fit.

Couple this with an almost phobic reluctance to blood younger players and you have a manager surviving only due to the nepotistic relationship he has with SDM.

We may indeed be 'faceless' internet supporters, but does that make us any less able to see the things that are wrong with our beloved club?

Well not for this Bear. I see what i see - and it don't look too good to me.

I don't see what Walter's problem is...The current scouting system seems to consist of using the internet - Wikipedia and typing into google "FM Wonderkids".

You reckon its that in depth?

He's not attacking all those that use the internet. He's just having a pop at those fans that shout and ball behind the keyboard. But when it comes to having to face issues in the real world they either:

1) Scream and shout about Murray, organise and/or back a protest.....and then don't bother turning up on the day.

2) Talk about the incompetence of the club, but then show complete incompetence in running the RST, a group consisting of under 1000 members now I think....although their own official figure is substantially higher because they still count former members.

3) Turn up for meetings with club officials, and completely fail to take their chance by not proving capable of spelling out their exact position on a number of issues.

I've got problems with Walter Smith as a coach, but I've got no problem whatsoever with what he's said on this issue. Fair play to him. (tu)

I've got problems with Walter Smith as a coach, but I've got no problem whatsoever with what he's said on this issue. Fair play to him. (tu)

He's talking rubbish. The internet is just another forum for fans to express their views in the same way as the pubs and clubs are. If it had existed in 1926, when we had our worst ever season, I'm sure the fans would be bemoaning the situation in the same way. Of course the powers to be may not like the fact that ordinary fans can voice their opinions more easilly but that's tough titty. It aint going to go away Walter and we should be thankful for that as it's a fantastic resource. He also seems to be forgetting that there are many who have given him and Murray support and that the internet will be awash with adulation when success is acheived. Doubt he'll moan about faceless fans under those circumstances.

The internet is just another forum for fans to express their views in the same way as the pubs and clubs are.

As I said, he's not having a pop at everyone that uses internet forums in my view. To me, it was aimed at the minority who organise failed protests, produce reactionary banners, help run the incompetent RST and get all tongue tied when given the chance to meet club officials.

The majority that sit behind their keyboards to chew the fat, express their opinions......I don't think he'd have any problem with them whatsoever.

He's not attacking all those that use the internet. He's just having a pop at those fans that shout and ball behind the keyboard. But when it comes to having to face issues in the real world they either:

1) Scream and shout about Murray, organise and/or back a protest.....and then don't bother turning up on the day.

2) Talk about the incompetence of the club, but then show complete incompetence in running the RST, a group consisting of under 1000 members now I think....although their own official figure is substantially higher because they still count former members.

3) Turn up for meetings with club officials, and completely fail to take their chance by not proving capable of spelling out their exact position on a number of issues.

(tu)

Yet another random attack on the fans generalising us all as morons while avoiding the real issues we're trying to bring to the fore.

Cowardly from Walter and I'm very disappointed in a man I thought better of.

Well said that man! :cheers:

I found the whole thing pointless to be honest. I don't understand what he means.

I also read SDM saying there would not be this uproar if we were 5 points clear instead of 5 points behind. I support SDM but that statement is a joke! Its like saying we would have won that game if we hadn't lost. Hes really good at spinning things. Would have been a good lawyer!

(tu)

Is this fixation with the internet that Murray and Walter have a generational thing in as much as they fear what they don't understand? Perhaps Walter who's incompetence cost us 10 million quid this year should be looking in the mirror before criticising the good people of RM

So was Walter right today, Was there any kind of protest at Ibrox? :unsure:

I never seen any.

See this is what i don't get, a section of our fan base was agreeing with this 17points we deserve better campaign.

Now i'm not saying we have a full blown Protest outside the front door, before or after games!

But after we rattled Walter and SDM this week, you would think that the same fans that backed this campaign would have continued the campaign with a Banner today with "WE DESERVE BETTER!" on it.

Now IMO Walter has proved his point, that basically this campaign is a joke.

No Doubt they were RST members in the ground sitting on there hands :(

I never seen any.

See this is what i don't get, a section of our fan base was agreeing with this 17points we deserve better campaign.

Now i'm not saying we have a full blown Protest outside the front door, before or after games!

But after we rattled Walter and SDM this week, you would think that the same fans that backed this campaign would have continued the campaign with a Banner today with "WE DESERVE BETTER!" on it.

There were banners in the Broomloan, Copland and Club Deck prior to the game.

I never seen any.

Banners in EE and Broomloan prior to ko.

I never seen any.

If they were banners then i apologize, good to hear they are sticking to there guns (tu)