***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

Muff

Charlie Adam or Lee McCulloch were always going to play in this match in a 4-5-1: our manager almost had it right with his selection but has bottled it as he's too cautious and worried about Aberdeen.

How Lee McCulloch can get a game is anyone's guess. We'd have been better off with Charlie Adam.

But no Kris Boyd :party::party::party::party:

Who will score?

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason why Aaron couldn't have played at left midfield.

Not sure why we havent went for a natural winger, maybe because both strikers arent very tall so there will be no running to the byeline and whipping in crosses.

We will just try to out-muscle them and look for the balls over the top for Fleck and Miller to chase on to.

Be prepared for Davie Weirs "lumping it up the park" show today.

Onto Lee McCulloch who 'wins' the header only for the header to go nowhere into an open space (tu)

what a bizarre team

really surprised Boyd is on the bench

might be for the off.

Or maybe because he's not suited to games like this - he'll find himself on the bench for the next three matches with a bit of luck.

Charlie Adam or Lee McCulloch were always going to play in this match in a 4-5-1: our manager almost had it right with his selection but has bottled it as he's too cautious and worried about Aberdeen.

How Lee McCulloch can get a game is anyone's guess. We'd have been better off with Charlie Adam.

But no Kris Boyd :party::party::party::party:

Who will score?

No-one, we are doomed :ph34r:

what a bizarre team

might be for the off.

Or maybe because he's not suited to games like this - he'll find himself on the bench for the next three matches with a bit of luck.

I dont consider Aberdeen a big game. We should be beating them.

what a bizarre team

might be for the off.

I dont consider Aberdeen a big game. We should be beating them.

You don't consider a trip to Pittodrie as a big game - ok then :rolleyes:

what a bizarre team

might be for the off.

If we play two up front id pick him.. But i think that one has been done to the death Muff... :D

I cant really remember Boyd been given a chance in the so called big games.

Fir Park, v celtc at Ibrox, Aberdeen at the start of the season, 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle - Boyd all played, dropped points.

celtc and Hibs away, no Boyd, great performance, win!

Fleck plays up front. I'm happy with that. Boyd doesn't do enough in the tough games.

I think Walter's got this one right.

Sorry Oleg I disagree on this one. I agree that Fleck should be playing but I feel that it should be Miller who is dropped and not Boyd. Miller has been playing abysmal for a number of games now while Boyd link up play and goalscoring have been far superior. I wonder if it could be a ploy by the management team to get Boyd to change his mind about a move to Birmingham (maybe/maybe not). Who's filing in at LM? I've got a feeling this could backfire but I hope I am wrong. God damn it I just heard McCulloch is in for Boyd (what can I say about that). :angry:

Guest therabbitt

I'm pretty disappointed with that to be honest.

Obviously I'd rather not have McCoo playing, but at the same time I'd rather him than Charlie Adam. I have a suspicion that Fleck might very well end up on the left with McCoo 'winning headers' for Miller through the middle...

Fleck plays up front. I'm happy with that. Boyd doesn't do enough in the tough games.

I think Walter's got this one right.

Sorry Oleg I disagree on this one. I agree that Fleck should be playing but I feel that it should be Miller who is dropped and not Boyd. Miller has been playing abysmal for a number of games now while Boyd link up play and goalscoring have been far superior. I wonder if it could be a ploy by the management team to get Boyd to change his mind about a move to Birmingham (maybe/maybe not). Who's filing in at LM? I've got a feeling this could backfire but I hope I am wrong. God damn it I just heard McCulloch is in for Boyd (what can I say about that). :angry:

I agree (tu)

If it was Fleck on the left, as much as I'd like Fleck off a front man and see that as more of his position, and McCulloch up-front I'd be ok with that.

After all, hide and seek started off as a striker.