Calling Decisions Out

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

That high boot tackle would have been a yellow card only a few years ago and var didn't show the ref anything he didn't see so again what's the difference.

The Lundstram tackle could easily have been a red 20 years ago and excessive force is specifically mentioned in the rules regarding straight red cards. 

Excessive force is subjective, nobody is measuring the kilojoules of a tackle.  But a boot/studs that connects to the knee or high is universally recognised as dangerous, there's no ambiguity.

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It's not 1 or 2 decisions though. 13 penalties over the course of the season and benefit doesn't come into it. It's about getting the right decision more often than not. It needs a lot of work but it will improve. The standard of refereeing won't.

The benefits don’t outweigh the cons. And fans and media are gradually catching on to that. Being able to properly celebrate every goal and lose your shit. Far outweighs the cost of waiting minutes for every goal to be forensically analysed to see if “by the letter of the law” it should be ruled out.

1 minute ago, RealWorldRich said:

Excessive force is subjective, nobody is measuring the kilojoules of a tackle.  But a boot/studs that connects to the knee or high is universally recognised as dangerous, there's no ambiguity.

It's literally in the fucking rules.  

8 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

The benefits don’t outweigh the cons. And fans and media are gradually catching on to that. Being able to properly celebrate every goal and lose your shit. Far outweighs the cost of waiting minutes for every goal to be forensically analysed to see if “by the letter of the law” it should be ruled out.

The fans celebrated and lost their shit when Roofe and Dessers scored. Nobody sat waiting on VAR to decide.

In fact for the Dessers goal the guy next to me said if we score here it'll get chopped off as soon as Lawrence committed the foul. We still celebrated.

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The fans celebrated and lost their shit when Roofe and Dessers scored. Nobody sat waiting on VAR to decide.

And it was deflating annd killed the atmosphere for a bit in both. Robbed of 2 great goals, a bouncing Ibrox, huge momentum. Just hate goals getting ruled out after they’ve been given. No place in football for me. But each to their own.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

And it was deflating annd killed the atmosphere for a bit in both. Robbed of 2 great goals, a bouncing Ibrox, huge momentum. Just hate goals getting ruled out after they’ve been given. No place in football for me. But each to their own.

I hate perfectly good goals getting flagged offside. I hate not getting penalties that I can see clear as day from 50 yards away.

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I hate perfectly good goals getting flagged offside. I hate not getting penalties that I can see clear as day from 50 yards away.

And when was the last time anyone celebrated a goal that was later given or a penalty that was given in the same way you do a goal from open play (pre Var).

Thats what makes football great. It’s 0 to ecstasy. No other sport has a goal equivalent that changes the match outcome as much and is celebrated in the same way.

If you ruin it you take something away from the game.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

And when was the last time anyone celebrated a goal that was later given or a penalty that was given in the same way you do a goal from open play (pre Var).

Thats what makes football great. It’s 0 to ecstasy. No other sport has a goal equivalent that changes the match outcome as much and is celebrated in the same way.

If you ruin it you take something away from the game.

If the alternative is not celebrating at all because it's not been given I'll take the var option.

For anyone who doesn't think the ref's cost us the title this year, or at least but a big dent in our challenge I want you to compare the following clip:

Why is his arm over his head like that?  And it strikes the boy's face with enough force to burst his nose.

This was the opening goal; VAR checked the foul and didn't feel it was enough to send the ref to the monitor.

Now compare that to the "fouls" in the build up when Roofe scored in the first OF at Ibrox, or the soft Tom Lawrence challenge in the build up to Dessers goal at Ibrox.  Which of the 3 were the most obvious fouls?  

1 minute ago, RealWorldRich said:

For anyone who doesn't think the ref's cost us the title this year, or at least but a big dent in our challenge I want you to compare the following clip:

Why is his arm over his head like that?  And it strikes the boy's face with enough force to burst his nose.

This was the opening goal; VAR checked the foul and didn't feel it was enough to send the ref to the monitor.

Now compare that to the "fouls" in the build up when Roofe scored in the first OF at Ibrox, or the soft Tom Lawrence challenge in the build up to Dessers goal at Ibrox.  Which of the 3 were the most obvious fouls?  

We cost ourselves the league.

This is embarassing pish 

34 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d be fuming if they gave a foul against us for that

😂

Fuck off, that's a foul he hits him in the face causing the defender to be unable to play on in that incident. Its not deliberate, but it's careless / reckless and impacted on the goal.

Robertson wouldn't miss that with us and sure as fuck var wouldn't ignore it as we've seen with our goals chalked off against them.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂

Fuck off, that's a foul he hits him in the face causing the defender to be unable to play on in that incident. Its not deliberate, but it's careless / reckless and impacted on the goal.

Robertson wouldn't miss that with us and sure as fuck var wouldn't ignore it as we've seen with our goals chalked off against them.

I'm having a very hard time seeing how it's not a foul.  He's thrown his arm up and over his head.  It's not like the defender is crouching down, he's standing up right and copped an elbow that's burst his nose open.

I'm surprised it wasn't given tbh. I'd expect it to be. Was never deliberate, though. Bit clumsy maybe.

As for the other one being 'not offside', I'd be surprised, to put it mildly, if that were true.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂

Thanks mate, enjoy that nibble x

8 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

According to McInnes the ref apologised at half time for not stopping play due to a head knock in the build up to their first goal

I mean, it was clearly a foul, but if someone goes down with a busted nose it should be stopped - at the very least - until treatments given and a bounce ball restart.

7 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

According to McInnes the ref apologised at half time for not stopping play due to a head knock in the build up to their first goal

The issue with that is how does he know he made a mistake?  Did VAR tell him?  If so, why didn’t VAR ask him to go to the monitor.   The amount of helping hands they get is incredible.  I wish McInnes had gone in harder about it.  All we will hear now is that it didn’t matter cos they scored 4 more after.  Who knows how it would have panned out if it had stayed 0-0 then. 

That's a foul and a booking.

He might not of intentionally elbowed him in the face but the way he swung his arm up in the air is clearly reckless. 

I've only seen the wee clip, was that in the lead up to a goal?

If the ref somehow misses that VAR should intervene. 

18 hours ago, The Godfather said:

We cost ourselves the league.

This is embarassing pish 

This is only half the story.

Both things can be true.

We fucked up by poor performances against Motherwell,  Ross County and Dundee.

And we had many bad decisions against us from Refs and VAR.

Particularly in the Old Firm games.

33 minutes ago, five stars said:

This is only half the story.

Both things can be true.

We fucked up by poor performances against Motherwell,  Ross County and Dundee.

And we had many bad decisions against us from Refs and VAR.

Particularly in the Old Firm games.

We absolulty fucked it for ourselves. Couldn't beat them all season and losing to the worst teams in the league.

No point crying about VAR

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We absolulty fucked it for ourselves. Couldn't beat them all season and losing to the worst teams in the league.

You're incredibly naive if you think refs and VAR don't effect the outcome of football games.

Just in the Old Firm games alone there were huge decisions that went against us that probably cost us points.

And it's a 6 point swing from each of those defeats.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Well do you no think maybe we might have beat them if the 2 chopped off goals were given? Both goals being disallowed killed out momentum in those games imo. Why is It alright for them to foul and score goals though?