Smith got what he wanted

bluephenex

anyone who thinks ANY manager would send out his team with instructions to draw a game is insane, everyone wants a win, Walter just didnt pick the right line up and he's at fault for the dropped points, the 4-5-1 worked, we shut them out, the personell didnt, McCulloch shouldnt have been on, neither should have Miller, said it time after time, put the right players on the pitch in the 4-5-1 system and it CAN be deadly, we wasted valauble time with Miller running about doing fuck all.

anyone who thinks ANY manager would send out his team with instructions to draw a game is insane, everyone wants a win, Walter just didnt pick the right line up and he's at fault for the dropped points, the 4-5-1 worked, we shut them out, the personell didnt, McCulloch shouldnt have been on, neither should have Miller.

Either way the end result was the same. He botched it!

Have to agree with that! He played for a draw and will no doubt be happy with it! Leaving out the SPL's top goal scorer and playin McCulloch in a holding midfield role for 90 mins sums it up! I almost got my head around the tactics to begin with and maybe for the first 60 mins, contain aberdeen and make sure we dont concede. But surely at some point we had to go with 2 up front and try score. This draw does nothing for us 2day!

i could sort of understand the tactics to begin but i was left wondering how we where going to score, we dont have a consistent goal scorer besides kris boyd and i was expecting walter to atleast take off mcculoch and put on a striker but he takes off fleck.... i really am scratching my head at why he set out for a draw when we had the opportunity to go top and put real preasure on celtic.

I felt he was definately playing not to lose.

He should have gone out and tried to win, but I felt he wanted to be secure in not losing and trying to get to the top of the league via games at Ibrox.

He needs to throw more caution to the wind in my opinion

should have went for the away goal as it would make the home leg easier

well it reminded me of our away euro performances

Tell me about it, i was cringing thinking of Darcheville up there alone with long balls and him trying to get them down and do something (fall over) with it.

:anguish:

Do you think smith got what he wanted a draw. I think that is what he was playing for

I agree 100% - he sent out a team designed not to lose when we needed a win.

agreed , we watched this last season and managed to lose the league because of the tactics

shocking team slection today, got exactly what that team selection deserved