The last 10 minutes when we nearly scored showed

nvager

Makes you wonder if we played that personnel (boyd and/or novo) from the start if our players would have shown the same urgency to get forward? Maybe the increased confidence in boyd allowed our players to get forward?

Next week team:

McGregor

Broadfoot,Weir,Bougherra,Papac

Davis,Ferguson,Mendes,Fleck

Novo,Boyd

I agree with that! Miller has to be dropped, his form simply hasnt been good enough recently! Novo looked severely pissed off 2day!

We raised the tempo on 84 minutes and played like a team that needed to win, I am fucking raging!!

Everyone associated with Rangers today should hang their heads in shame after that performance which was utterley disgraceful, all week everyone knew the importance off winning this game and we were subjected to that pish!!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH, How many times do we have to say this before changes are made!!!!

Boyd was far more effective than Miller.

Boyd shouldnt of been dropped. what does it matter tho.

Walters not going to listen to any of us.

16 consecutive starts since he was dropped for the st mirren game until today, the drop might have given him a boot up the arse because he came on he looked a lot better than his last game (despite him not being too bad)

We would have won. especially if we played two up front and kept them under pressure.

Why cant we up the tempo from the start instead of the usual casual approach?

Walter once again proves how negative he is. He is going to cost us the league. :angry:

We would have won. especially if we played two up front and kept them under pressure.

Walter once again proves how negative he is. He is going to cost us the league. :angry:

Hi PB,

Its a disgrace that given achance to go on top we are so negative. Reminds of the UEFA Final when we are in with a chance to stun Europe and we play defensive shit and do ourselves no favours.

Boyd was far more effective than Miller.

Boyd shouldnt of been dropped. what does it matter tho.

Walters not going to listen to any of us.

16 consecutive starts since he was dropped for the st mirren game until today, the drop might have given him a boot up the arse because he came on he looked a lot better than his last game (despite him not being too bad)

Even if he had played from the start without the "kick up the arse" I still think he would of done a better job than Miller.

I do see your point though, he did look better :) .

good point

we saw that against dundee utd away we seem to be able to go up the gears but cant change from the tactic we set out with

it would be okay to go out with attack attack attack and after scoring a goal or two settle into that borring draw mentality but ws can't do that

start with the tactic finish with it - no inbetweens no variation thats why hes a pish manager!

As much as I disagreed with today's tactics, I disagree with you.

I believe the fact we aren't coming out guns blazing is because of the attitude of our players. They knew today if we won we'd be top, for at least a bit and would have put more pressure on celtic.

This didn't seem to motivate them at all until towards the end of the game. It looks as though players just try and stick to doing their own job and play it safe rather giving it their all to try and win the match and hoping someone else will perform miracles or score (Boyd?).

I don't think it's anything to do with the tactics that were deployed today, but the attitude of our players. They need a kick up the arse Imo.

I agree completely. We need to start going at teams from the start instead of waiting til half time to up the tempo

I've just had a thought. Now I don't want to make anyone a scapegoat (well, unless they deserve it), but it certainly seems to me that the only games where we've come out flying are the ones without Ferguson in the lineup. Celtic away, Hibs away, ICT at home, Aberdeen away the first time are all good examples.

I'm not saying it's completely down to him, but there does seem to be some kind of a pattern.

I've just had a thought. Now I don't want to make anyone a scapegoat (well, unless they deserve it), but it certainly seems to me that the only games where we've come out flying are the ones without Ferguson in the lineup. Celtic away, Hibs away, ICT at home, Aberdeen away the first time are all good examples.

I'm not saying it's completely down to him, but there does seem to be some kind of a pattern.

I think I am in agreement with yersel' for the first time ever :cheers:

I think I am in agreement with yersel' for the first time ever :cheers:

i agree, fergie slows the tempo of the team down

All if's, but's and maybe's....

Yesterday's formation would have been spot on had Wally got the personnel right. We didn't allow Kerr, McDonald, Duff, Aluko or Lee Miller to get into the game, like they did against celtc - they were all pretty quiet. But as usual it took us too long - 80 minutes infact, to get going. Which is simply not good enough.

Blame lies with the management and players. Too many times this season, they have failed to get start from the off and it doesn't matter the formation or personnel. If you can't get up for playing for Rangers, then you should not be at the club, especially with what has gone on this season.

I'm sick to my back teeth of seeing this lethargic approach that at this point I just throw my hands up in despair and accept it.

Its the EXACT same thing, week after week - the attitude that we can just show up, stroll it, and win, without putting in any effort until the second Half (and usually the latter end of that, as we saw yesterday).

In constrast, Celtic come out the blocks and go for the jugular, which is why they are deservedly in front (even though it sickens me to say that). Yeah, occasionally they slip up, like last week, but when we have a chance to pick up ground and we should be boiling over with energy and ready to destroy the other side, we get... yesterday's "performance". It's pathetic and annoying, and I'm still amazed that the players and management do nothing to remedy it. Add to that we seem to have nobody apart from Boydy that can find the net on a consistent basis, and I sometimes wonder how or why we expect the League title to come our way. Simply put, the work ethic is not strong enough with this bunch (and that's compounded by Smith's often weird and mystifying tactics and team choice).

WE DESERVE BETTER.

I'm sick to my back teeth of seeing this lethargic approach that at this point I just throw my hands up in despair and accept it.

Its the EXACT same thing, week after week - the attitude that we can just show up, stroll it, and win, without putiting in any effort until the second Half (and usually the latter end of that, as we saw yesterday).

In constrast, Celtic come out the blocks and go for the jugular, which is why they are deservedly in front (even though it sickens me to say that). Yeah, occasionally they slip up, like last week, but when we have a chance to pick up ground and we should be boiling over with energy and ready to destroy the other side, we get... yesterday's "performance". It's pathetic and annoying, and I'm still amazed that the players and management do nothing to remedy it. Add to that we seem to have nobody apart from Boydy that can find the net on a consistent basis, and I sometimes wonder how or why we expect the League title to come our way. Simply put, the work ethic is not strong enough with this bunch (and that's compounded by Smith's often weird and mystifying tactics and team choice).

WE DESERVE BETTER.

Agreed. I think it has deteriorated since Ferguson came back. When Thommo went out and Fergie came back in our fight, energy and team spirit took a nose dive. Plus Davis and Mendes have not played as well since and Miller has lost all his form.