Dont be grassing on those Bears

BigSlim

Manchester was a blessing at the time given that so many Bears were able to make the trip. In hinsight I'd rather it had been abroad as most of the arseholes who descended on Manchester wouldn't have made the trip whereas tens of thousands of true fans would have and we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Spot on Bricky. (tu)

As Kev has already said (repeatedly!) those who actively sought trouble brought shame on our club and should be shopped. Obviously there will be mitigating circumstances in some cases, but anyone who thinks 200,000 supporters travelled to Manchester without even a few neds and thugs are kidding themselves.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can certainly see how the pack of braying animals chasing the policemen up the road, setting upon one of them, and beating him half to death were simply peaceful football supports defending themselves from the nasty coppers.

Grass the scum, let the courts decide if they're guilty or not, not some misplaced pack mentality because they're maybe Rangers supporters.

Guest Andypendek

For me it's nothing to do with them being Rangers supporters. It's entirely to do with being treated as scum by a police force more than willing to use violence on both innocent and troublemaker. Why, then, should I care if someone does the same to them?

They were the ones who set up this moral abyss - if they behaved properly there would be no way out for anyone using violence. But if it's all right for them, how come it's not all right for others?

Message to the coppers - Keep on brutalising people and they will treat you brutally in return.

Anyone that broke the law should pay for it.. Including the police. It's not about Bears and them..

So, if a 'BEAR" rapes your missus.. you wouldn't tell the Police? It's would be all right?

what the hell has that got to do with anything? use a better example in future.

It has everything to do with it. The point is... Where does it stop? Guilty is guilty -- and that includes the cops.

Anyone that broke the law should pay for it.. Including the police. It's not about Bears and them..

So, if a 'BEAR" rapes your missus.. you wouldn't tell the Police? It's would be all right?

what the hell has that got to do with anything? use a better example in future.

It has everything to do with it. The point is... Where does it stop? Guilty is guilty -- and that includes the cops.

and who says their guilty, put them on a fair trial by all means but don't be judging anyone just yet. Or i will assume you're a journo.

They didn't simply fight back against the thugs of the police. Those who caused problems brought shame to the club.

Kev,

thats ok in principle, but, it assumes one thing. That those involved ARE associated with the club. Do we, or anyone else have proof? This is a problem, people, including some on here, are INSTANTLY believing its Bears to blame here. Why?

To quote myself (quoting another article lol)

Manchester City Council commissioned a report that found 99 per cent of Rangers fans had no involvement whatsoever in the antisocial behaviour in the city centre, with many rival fans and neutrals gathering together to celebrate the occasion

Or was that "start trouble"? Given anything they did would be hidden under the Rangers banner

and

"Detective Superintendent Geoff Wessell, of Greater Manchester Police, said a few hundred drunken yobs had ruined "a festival of football" last May.

He stressed that a "very, very low proportion" of the 150,000 traveling Rangers fans rioted, and conceded that troublemakers from outside Scotland were involved."

On those 2 quotes alone it cast so much doubt over WHO was actually involved in this, so, why would ANY bear be blameing other bears? The ONLY way they have any validation to do so, is if they were involved themselves, or know someone who was.

Sorry to pick on your post, but this whole "bringing shame to the club" shite is doing my head in. There is a long list of people and organisations just DESPERATE to promote negative views on us, we dont need our own doing it. Why dont people think, "well, thats out of character, why would we do that?" as I did.

don't grass on them??? they are scum who brought shame on our club and have probably made us the least attractive club to support in modern Britain. Grass on them and gid rid of the human sh!te that latch on to our club.

:rolleyes: theres another one

I was there i managed to avoid fighting the police

SM

But if i knew any of them wouldnt be grassing them up

this is just another story to slag of rangers fans

theres no need to put this in the papers

So how will they find them?

In normal circumstances the pictures would just be published at local level, to identify them.

Problem is, if our suspicions are right about our support being infiltrated by 'casuals' and fans other than genuine Bears, then they probably will get as much success from the photos in London as they will in Glasgow.

the council in Manchester along with the Police themselves were more to blame than Rangers fans

dont be grassing them up for fighting back against the thugs of the police

Did the police force them to loot shops, terrify the people of Manchester and wreck innocent peoples' cars too?

The police have picked out troublemakers and ringleaders not innocent people who were caught up in the violence.

the council in Manchester along with the Police themselves were more to blame than Rangers fans

dont be grassing them up for fighting back against the thugs of the police

Did the police force them to loot shops, terrify the people of Manchester and wreck innocent peoples' cars too?

The police have picked out troublemakers and ringleaders not innocent people who were caught up in the violence.

Do YOU know they are Rangers fans?

every single one of them deserves to be punished for bring shame and disgrace on the club i love. I had a great time in manchester and although the result wasnt what i was looking for i could have coped with it a lot easier if it hadnt been for the rioting. So the police have identified 50 morons out of at least 150k rangers fan that were in manchester. If thats not a small minority i dont know what is. Its interesting how few of them seem to have rangers kits on though. I have no doubt a couple of drunken rangers fans were involved but of the 50 faces shown i would have expected a lot more wearing club colours as it seemed like everyone was wearing blue from what i remember. We can talk about grassing on bears but i reckon at least half of the faces shown by the police dont support rangers at all and i wouldnt be surprised if none of them had ever set foot inside ibrox.

We'll find that out in the fullness of time.

Perhaps people should find out first, rather than damning "bears" when they dont know the facts

Or, perhaps people just enjoy bad, negative associations with Rangers?

Or are just to dim to think for themselves and instantly believe the oh so pro-Rangers scottish media?

tragic either way

every single one of them deserves to be punished for bring shame and disgrace on the club i love. I had a great time in manchester and although the result wasnt what i was looking for i could have coped with it a lot easier if it hadnt been for the rioting. So the police have identified 50 morons out of at least 150k rangers fan that were in manchester. If thats not a small minority i dont know what is. Its interesting how few of them seem to have rangers kits on though. I have no doubt a couple of drunken rangers fans were involved but of the 50 faces shown i would have expected a lot more wearing club colours as it seemed like everyone was wearing blue from what i remember. We can talk about grassing on bears but i reckon at least half of the faces shown by the police dont support rangers at all and i wouldnt be surprised if none of them had ever set foot inside ibrox.

they have made me feel no shame, and, the simple reason being, we dont know they are bears.

These guys have brought the proud name of Rangers into disrepute, for that reason alone i would want to know who was & who wasn't a "real" bear.

If we are being targetted because our support was infiltrated by thugs then i want that publicised, if we have a rogue element within the support who think thats it's ok to rampage through a city while wearing the colours of my club then i want to find them out & hunt them from the support.

Either way, if you have the reputation of the club at heart then drop a coin on them !!!

interestingly, on crimewatch there, they NEVER mentioned, or intimated that it was "Rangers" fans. Why is that then?

There was 1 photo of a rangers top, and, the guy looked pretty innocent in it.

The "big attack" that they showed, had no colours that i could see either

yup, no mention of it being Rangers fans, just "so called football fans"

Wouldnt have been the case IN scotland eh