Boyd banner

rangerswatp

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care if Boyd doesn't link well or chase back, as long as he has a decent hard working striker beside him we could kill off games easily with his instinctive strikes.

The problem is the lack of service and type of service to the strikers.

Play along the ground through midfield to the strike force and we win.Hit the long straight high ball and we win neither first o second ball.I am fed up with the predictive work the ball to Broadfoot- as if he has any ability to cross. Tonight we could have scored a barrowload if the ball had been fed through instead of pass and pass then when we looked as if we could score it was the pass wide to Broadfoot and the danger was gone. Too many of our players lack the bottle to take a pop at goal and pass the responsibility to some one else.

Amazing when Novo plays through the middle he looks an ideal pertner for Boyd as he was for Prso.

His shortcomings frustrate the life out of me but ffs who would score if we didn't have him? Mhisser? Novo? Laff? Naismith? We have one REGULAR goalscorer, without him we struggle to finish off moves. Fact.

If he stays, he stays - if he goes, he goes. I couldn't give a shit anymore, just aslong as he doesn't start in the tougher games ie, Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen away.

Totally agree.

darren mackie has scored more against the mhanks than Boyd.

He NEVER, EVER does it against better teams.

If he stays, he stays - if he goes, he goes. I couldn't give a shit anymore, just aslong as he doesn't start in the tougher games ie, Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen away.

Totally agree.

Only against Celtic has he got a poor goal record.

Totally agree.

Only against Celtic has he got a poor goal record.

How many goals at pittodrie?

Totally agree.

Why do people keep throwing this about? It's a complete myth!

This is just the SPL record...

Aberdeen -

Celtic - 1

Dundee Utd - 7

Falkirk - 8

Hamilton - 5

Hearts - 6

Hibs - 4

Inverness - 8

Motherwell - 5

St. Mirren - 4

Kilmarnock - 12

TOTAL = 67

Let's not forget the two cup finals his goals won us last season.

Totally agree.

Why do people keep throwing this about? It's a complete myth!

This is just the SPL record...

Aberdeen - 7

Celtic - 1

Dundee Utd - 7

Falkirk - 8

Hamilton - 5

Hearts - 6

Hibs - 4

Inverness - 8

Motherwell - 5

St. Mirren - 4

Kilmarnock - 12

TOTAL = 67

Let's not forget the two cup finals his goals won us last season.

What are you doing? You cannot present such facts in this debate, now the anti-Boyd brigade will have to think of a new line. ;)

Of course you are right though. Boyd has scored plenty of goals against ALL SPL clubs other than Celtic. And to be fair to the lad he has only started two Old Firm games since coming to Rangers. 1 goal in two starts is hardly a bad return. :)

How many away from home, games we struggle in, especially against the likes of Hibs, Hearts, celtc, Motherwell...it's easier to score at home against them than away - and when he plays away in those said games, he's pish!

But to say, no Boyd = no goals = no title(again) is a fucking joke!

It's not far off, where the hell would we be without Boyds goals? We certainly wouldn't be challenging for the SPL this season. We probably wouldn't have won two cups last season. We need a goalscorer and until you can come up with a Henrik Larsson for Rangers then Boyd is the next best thing.

I think if him and Novo start a partnership it could be just what we're wanting.

How many away from home, games we struggle in, especially against the likes of Hibs, Hearts, celtc, Motherwell...it's easier to score at home against them than away - and when he plays away in those said games, he's pish!

It's easy to score at home? Come on, you are just making excuses to have a go at the guy now mate. I accept that away from home he can be ineffective (while on some occasions he has won us points on the road) but we would have dropped alot of points at home in the last two seasons had he not scored crucial goals in those home games.

Boyd is not the reason we are poor away from home, infact his lack of goals are just a symptom of it.

There is only two SPL clubs he hasn't scored at. But then again I doubt he's had too many starts in Aberdeen or Parkhead.

I really don't understand how anyone can argue with goals? It's just daft, he scores goals, he wins is games. Isn't that what is expected of a striker?

It's not far off, where the hell would we be without Boyds goals? We certainly wouldn't be challenging for the SPL this season. We probably wouldn't have won two cups last season. We need a goalscorer and until you can come up with a Henrik Larsson for Rangers then Boyd is the next best thing.

I think if him and Novo start a partnership it could be just what we're wanting.

Where would we be without Miller's goals

Davis goals and assists

Velicka's goal

Bougherra and Weir defending

McGregor's saves

Thomson's assists and goals before getting injured

Novo's goals

Lafferty's goal at Tannadice

In the Cups - where would we have been without Davis cross, Kerr's awful backpass - it's a team game - we have won with Boyd and we have won without Boyd and we'll continue to do so with him or without him!

Davis goals and assists

Velicka's goal

McGregor's saves

Novo's goals

In the Cups - where would we have been without Davis cross, Kerr's awful backpass - it's a team game - we have won with Boyd and we have won without Boyd and we'll continue to do so with him or without him!

It's a team game, unless it's Boyd not scoring against Celtic or Aberdeen, in which case it's his fault. :D

Davis goals and assists

Velicka's goal

McGregor's saves

Novo's goals

The goals which Novo, Velicka and Miller have scored have won very few points for us compared to Boyd.

As for the rest, you can defend aswell as you want, play as many great passes as you can manage but at the end of the day, if you don't score goals you will win nothing. You are right, it is a team game which is why you need a consistent goalscorer as part of that team. The three aforementioned players are not prolific. Aberdeen proved that at this present moment in time we cannot afford to leave Boyd out of the team as Miller as the lone striker will produce very little in the way of goals.