Ibrox Stadium

Friendly Match

Kick Off: 7.45

Full match preview is now available on the main website via the following link:

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/a...-fc-vs-ac-milan

Ranngers vs AC Milan

Ibrox Stadium KO: 7.45

Written by DadoBringBackTheBandage

After a hard fought victory over Dundee Utd at Ibrox on Saturday, Rangers will again be taking to the Ibrox pitch tomorrow night, only this time the opposition will be provided by one of the true hyper powers of world football, AC Milan.

Having toppled Lazio at the Stadio Olympico last weekend, Milan are coming into this game on the back of a very good result.

On top of that most people are already casting an eye towards the Celtic game on the 15th and with a decent-at-best crowd of about 35,000 expected at Ibrox, I believe that this game will have the feel of an early round League or Scottish cup tie and be played at a moderate, rather than frantic, pace.

Having taken all that into consideration I feel that they will simply be too strong for us tomorrow night.

The biggest gain from this game is that it could be a very good test for the younger players in our squad and they should be looking to make the very most of it.

The opportunity to be on the same pitch as players with the experience and prestiege of Seedorf, Kaka, Maldini, Ronaldinho (if he even plays) and a certain Mr Beckham is one which they should relish, even if the game has next to no importance.

How will we line up, I really don't know.

How long will the "assets" as they have become known in the past few weeks play for?

Will our younger players like Naismith, Lafferty, Edu & Fleck get a decent amount of time on the park?

Will we bring some of the fringe players in simply to proetect our first team players in light of the big game in less than a fortnights time?

What about formations?

Will we play a 4-4-2. Or will we revert back to last seasons favoured European formation of 4-5-1?

I really don't know.

However despite the poor timing of this game I really hope that being deprived of European football this season will provide t us an incentive to attack Milan and try to make a game of it.

At the end of the day it is only a friendly and it would be nice for the fans who have paid for a ticket to see us really having a go, but, as I said before, I beleive that Milan will have just a little bit too much for Rangers.

My prediction: Rangers 0 Milan 2

:anguish:

I also think we'll get fucking humped.

i`m hoping it will be a training game and they show us all their skills, i dont think they will pump us though once they get in front they will relax and then we can see how football should be played, i`m looking forward to it

Should be fun, but who knows the final outcome. depends how seriously it is taken by both teams.

My hope is Lafferty and Naismith get a run up front and Aaron gets some time too. Edu will play some going by Smith. Will LM, Whittaker, Webster and Daily get any time?

Guest therabbitt
I thought that this was what the Official Match Thread was for? No?

This is the official pre match analysis.

Does exactly what it says on the tin...