***Inter Milan v AC Milan thread***

bluenose_72

Serie A returns to British screens for one night only as 2 giants of the Italian game are set to collide at the Giuseppe Meazza.

Inter go into this game off the back of a convincing 3-0 win at Lecce, but their counterparts suffered a shock 1-1 draw at home to lowly Reggina.

In the only previous encounter between the 2 sides this season, the game was won by the Rossoneri after Ronaldinho headed home the winner. His form however has dipped considerably since. The last time 'Dinho played a full 90 minutes was the 5-1 demolition of Udinese. But Milan will have to look towards him on Sunday evening as he will play in place of the injured Kaka. Although Kaka is making a speedy recovery from his foot injury, it is likely he will just miss the derby.

This game could go a long way to deciding where Lo Scudetto will end up at the end of the season. Should Inter win they will move 11 points clear of their rivals. So Milan must avoid defeat at all costs.

Prediction? I can see this being a cagey affair where it may take a moment of brilliance to win it. Inter 1-1 AC Milan

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realy looking forward to this game.I can see it being quite a slow drab game though.Its a shame Kaka and Gattuso will be missing out.What has become of Ronaldinho,he doesnt run at players with pace anymore he just sort of waddles around looking to make a killer pass,which rarely comes off.A return to form would be awesome! :praise:

Going to back Inter for a 1-0.

Milan ace Kaka won't be fit to play in Sunday's derby, according to the latest reports from the peninsula.

The Brazilian international limped off during the Rossoneri's 1-1 draw with Reggina last weekend.

Kaka had a sprained left foot, which was expected to keep him out of action for at least two weeks.

The Brasilia native stunned the media by training without any evident pain on Tuesday, but his hopes of making the derby against Inter have taken another knock.

After a day spent in the gym rather than on the training pitch, Kaka looks highly unlikely to be ready for action this weekend.

As Douglas Maicon makes a remarkable recovery, Jose Mourinho says Carlo Ancelotti is “wasting his time” trying to decipher The Special One.

There were fears Maicon would be out for both Sunday’s match with Milan and even the first leg of the Champions League clash with Manchester United, but his muscular problem is not as serious as first thought.

The Brazilian will require a last-minute fitness test to see whether he can start the game, but he is in the squad and underwent a full training session this morning.

“I have no doubts over my starting XI and I don’t care how Milan play,” said the ever-confident Mourinho.

“The only question marks are over the bench, as I must reflect on how the game could pan out, so this is why I called up everyone who is available.”

Inter are eight points clear of Milan and even a draw would rule their rivals out of the Scudetto race.

“I would not accept a draw, but what really counts is winning the title, not the derby.

“We have to score when we have the chance, because it’s difficult to get an advantage in matches that are this finely balanced, so we need to be very efficient.”

Mourinho has only played the Milan derby once and lost 1-0 to Ronaldinho’s header earlier this season.

“A team that defends well cannot concede a goal like the one we let in last time, with Ronaldinho alone among five defenders. This is a game that demands great concentration in every detail, because usually the difference is minimal.”

The Rossoneri will be without Ballon d’Or winner Kaka as well as Gennaro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta and Marco Borriello.

However, The Special One was in no mood to answer questions on what he thought of colleague Carlo Ancelotti.

“I will not respond to this. Every Coach does what he wants. I do not criticise his work ethic and he can say what he wants about mine.

“I don’t waste time thinking about his characteristics as a tactician. If he spends energy analysing me, then that’s his problem.

“I respect his career, but he is Ancelotti and I am me. Perhaps he has some things that he does better than me and vice versa. We are both two important Coaches.”

Ancelotti has lifted the Champions League trophy twice in 2003 and 2007, whereas Inter are without a victory in this tournament since the 1960s.

“I don’t know why in recent years Inter have won more often in Italy and Milan have done better in Europe. I think the best team wins a League title, but the best does not always win the Champions League,” snapped Mourinho.

“As for Milan, I say the truth. I like the team, I like many of their players, but they are eight points behind us.”

How did the BBC end up with just one Italian game?

I'd love to see the Serie A more often again

I'd imagine you are able to buy the rights for individual games. If they get a lot of viewers and Beckham stays the BBC would be idiots not to buy the rights for Serie A over here.

Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Samuel, Chivu, Santon; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Muntari; Stankovic; Ibrahimovic, Adriano.

Milan: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Maldini, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf, Ronaldinho; Pato

No surprises in the Milan line up.

FORZA ROSSONERI