***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion Boyd is not good enough for OF games or champions league when we signed him we were hoping he would inprove but he has not. The lack of chances last night could be put down to his lack of ability to win free kicks and hold the ball up. If he can't hold the ball up the midfields can support to give him service. How many fouls does he give away with his back to goal?

1 man against 4 defenders he had no fucking chance all night ffs , i actually wonder if some of our fans understand the game or have played the game themselves cause most of them seem to have no clue tbh

Think it may be you who has no knowledge of the game no chance up against 4 strikers thing is most strikers can play up there themselves, would Cousin, Prso, JCD, have held the ball up. You know the answer if the ball does not stick up front you will never win games. Boyd found out again!

IMO boyd did the best he could last night, very limited help and support , terrible balls upto him where he is expected to hold of 4 defenders for 10 minutes while one of the front 3 :lol: come to help him out :rolleyes: he should have SCORED that header i agree but to say he isnt upto this level of football is nonsense he has scored at international level which proves he can do it .

He should have scored against Villarreal and celtic as well. And when all you're capable of doing is scoring goals then that becomes a problem.

And come on ffs, it's Scotland...

when did Villarreal move to scotland ;)

I meant the national team. ;)

I'd certainly keep him for the like of Thistle and Killie tho..

;)

i honestly feel if we can get some decent ball playing midfielders then we would have a much better chance against europes elite but when you start the match with mcculloch , an under performing thomson and then the likes of lafferty ( who really is a pub player) and miller (cant control a ball) then we have no chance when playing 4-3-3 ( 4-5-1) as htere is simply no support

I completely agree that Boyd is far from being our biggest concern. We're out of Europe, and he's a goalscoring machine in the SPL.

The team needs plenty of fresh blood, however genuinely don't think Boyd will be good enough for that level. We're never going to have a squad strong enough to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Stuttgart/Seville, certainly not in the foreseable future anyway. Boyd doesn't take his chances at that level and does very little else.

No.

Im saying that they all have bad games where they don't score, yet they don't get slaughtered.

A striker needs to be provided with chances to score.

This seasons goals to shots ratio:

Kris Boyd - 28%

Fernando Torres - 29%

Didier Drogba - 14%

Wayne Rooney - 11%

Jermain Defoe - 28%

He's up there with the best FINISHERS.

Provide him with the chances, he'll put them away.

This is why I'd have him in my team every game.

Get the midfielders sorted before berating Boyd

Aye, but those other players are scoring against that calibre of opposition regularly. His goals are against SPL teams.

These players also offer something to the team. If Boyd doesn't score he's been a waste of a jersey.

If he's fed enough chances then he'll score though.

He's not fed enough.

Some on here just havent got a clue what they are watching imo, I dont know how it came across on the TV but at the game it couldnt have been any clearer, We have a guy playing in such a crucial role, who cant take the ball in,run with it,beat a man,hold it up, turn defenders, compete in the air without fouling, has no pace to threaten in behind or offer us an out ball into a channel, How are the team supposed to get up the park and keep possession? Is it any wonder we got completely dominated and struggled to get out our own half against a team that we outplayed in their own ground for over an hour, Then to top it all off we here, put him in and forget all the limitations and how he hurts the team as he will take a chance, He gets 2 half chances and a great chance and cant even hit the target with any of them. Last night proved why WS hasnt played him at this level as he is completely out his depth and we are a far better TEAM without him.

No.

Im saying that they all have bad games where they don't score, yet they don't get slaughtered.

A striker needs to be provided with chances to score.

This seasons goals to shots ratio:

Kris Boyd - 28%

Fernando Torres - 29%

Didier Drogba - 14%

Wayne Rooney - 11%

Jermain Defoe - 28%

He's up there with the best FINISHERS.

Provide him with the chances, he'll put them away.

This is why I'd have him in my team every game.

Get the midfielders sorted before berating Boyd

Aye, but those other players are scoring against that calibre of opposition regularly. His goals are against SPL teams.

These players also offer something to the team. If Boyd doesn't score he's been a waste of a jersey.

If he's fed enough chances then he'll score though.

He's not fed enough.

At that level we're always going to have very few chances. Missing a chance like that, the one he put straight at Boruc and the last minuter against Villareal is not good enough. As lethal as he looks in the SPL, he can't cut it when he has to work for his goals.

He has to take some responsibility for working and creating chances himself.

Some on here just havent got a clue what they are watching imo, I dont know how it came across on the TV but at the game it couldnt have been any clearer, We have a guy playing in such a crucial role, who cant take the ball in,run with it,beat a man,hold it up, turn defenders, compete in the air without fouling, has no pace to threaten in behind or offer us an out ball into a channel, Is it any wonder we got dominated and struggled to get out our own half against a team that we outplayed in their own ground for over an hour, He is completely out his depth at this level and then to top it all off we here, put him in and forget all the limitations and how he hurts the team as he will take a chance, He gets 2 half chances and a great chance and cant even hit the target with any of them.

Absolutely right VBN.

Some people on here just can't hear a bad word about him tho. :rolleyes:

My opinion Boyd is not good enough for OF games or champions league when we signed him we were hoping he would inprove but he has not. The lack of chances last night could be put down to his lack of ability to win free kicks and hold the ball up. If he can't hold the ball up the midfields can support to give him service. How many fouls does he give away with his back to goal?

1 man against 4 defenders he had no fucking chance all night ffs , i actually wonder if some of our fans understand the game or have played the game themselves cause most of them seem to have no clue tbh

Think it may be you who has no knowledge of the game no chance up against 4 strikers thing is most strikers can play up there themselves, would Cousin, Prso, JCD, have held the ball up. You know the answer if the ball does not stick up front you will never win games. Boyd found out again!

the ball was never near him to fucking hold it up man what you on about, and for you info, cousin wouldnt have moved a fucking muscle his true colours have been shown for what they are downa t hull ;) and jcd would have done his usual of losing his footing and falling over, think you need to lay off the boyd hating for a while mate .

Couldn't agree more.

Jimbo give up man, you've been fishing all night :lol:

It's been a long lonely shift Alex.

All kidding aside, surely you have to agree that he let us down last night tho...?

McBoyd wouldn't know what a football was if it hit him bang on the nose

He does seem quite sensible with football issues, so I'd imagine even he's sick and tired of Boyd after last night.

All kidding aside, surely you have to agree that he let us down last night tho...?

He does seem quite sensible with football issues, so I'd imagine even he's sick and tired of Boyd after last night.

You make it sound like Boyd has been on bad form when nothing could be further from the truth.

I can't believe it's the morning and this is still going on. :lol:

:lol:

Aye right! :rolleyes:

You make it sound like Boyd has been on bad form when nothing could be further from the truth.

I can't believe it's the morning and this is still going on. :lol:

Against the big guns Boyd has has proven that he has no form.

Aye right! :rolleyes:

I'm taking his silence as agreement Boab. After last night even McB can't ignore the truth.

Boyd didn't let us down more than anyone else has in this Champions League campaign.

I couldn't really give a toss anymore, Europe is gone and in reality it was gone after the Unirea home game, now all we can concentrate on is the league and Boyd has been playing very well and scoring in the league recently. This needs to continue until the end of the season.

I think Walter (he has stated himself that boyd can't play the lone striker role) has to take the blame for Boyd last night - everyone knows Boyd is limited to what he can do and was never going to do well playing up there on his own (although i don't think he done any worse than what we've seen from this champions league campaign) - he needs a partner up there to help him, it's as simple as that.

To be honest though whoever played up top on there own last night would have struggled because the midfield are so slow to support it's unbelivable how slow our build up play is :anguish:

I thought Boyd played very, very well last night. Apart from the header. Given the lack of service he got, he made the most of it; held the ball up well, made it stick with some very nice touches, won a fair few headers and rarely gave the ball away. Also got nothing from the referee all last night. It wasn't perfect, but I thought he done more last night than what Kenny Miller has done, anytime he has played upfront on his own.

He's never started a Champions League game before, and if you count Celtic as big guns he's played the last two games against them and played well albeit not scored.

Have you actually given anyone else as much critisism over last night Jimbo? Not seen you in many if any of the other threads since last night, it's like you think Boyd is to blame. :pipe:

He's never started a Champions League game before, and if you count Celtic as big guns he's played the last two games against them and played well albeit not scored.

Have you actually given anyone else as much critisism over last night Jimbo? Not seen you in many if any of the other threads since last night, it's like you think Boyd is to blame. :pipe:

I think that's blatently obvious.

Fishing.

Fishing.

Deadly serious. Boyd should have scored last night, IMO if he had it would have been a different game.