Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008890/Ally-McCoist-remains-hopeful-deals-David-Goodwillie-Lee-Wallace.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

There was further bad news for the Ibrox boss as it emerged that Steven Whittaker has rejected the latest contract offer put forward by club owner Craig Whyte. Bursaspor remain keen to sign the Scotland international and it is understood they have now had a £1million bid — their fifth — turned down.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008890/Ally-McCoist-remains-hopeful-deals-David-Goodwillie-Lee-Wallace.html#ixzz1QWQFGUDL

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the case that Whittaker has turned us down, I hope we get rid rather than see his contract run out. I think Bursa would be willing to go to £1.5m which I think is reasonable for him. No point having a player at the club who is no longer interested.

Sell him, i've wanted rid of him for a while. Shite defender, doesn't tackle anyone, and most of the time he gets the ball looks nervous as fuck.

He's also quite slow for a young guy.

But how confident are we that, McCoist will get a replacement in for him? considering we can't seem to sign a player.

I dont like the topic heading, why turn on a player like this just because he wants more money? fine sell him and move on, he has gave us good service over the years. lets not forget

only because he's been the only fit right back we have had.

Broadfoot always seems to be injured.

Whittaker was the only fit right back we had, so we just kept him there.

I dont like the topic heading, why turn on a player like this just because he wants more money? fine sell him and move on, he has gave us good service over the years. lets not forget

Mods have decided to change the header.

I dont call him that because he wants to leave - ive called him that all season because he has been shit for 80% of it.

I just feel more relaxed about calling him that in public now as he is showing his loyalty....

Over the piece the lad did quite well for us but if he wants to go let him but on our terms.We must have a valuation of him so we may as well tell Bursa this is the release price.Other Clubs do it to us so we should be doing the same.If they want him badly enough they will cough up.

We need to get rid of him now if this is the case. In my view we should never have given him a third offer after he turned down the second one. If we can get close to 2m then I won't be too gutted and we could get a better defender, but probably not as versatile a player for that amount of money.Would be quite happy if we went for Tom Hateley though.