Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whittaker's played his part for us on a relatively small wage.

Done his bit and helped us win what we have done over the past three years without grumbling once even though he's been on the end of some ridiculous abuse from the 'faithful' crowd.

I'd say he has my blessing.

Faithful froo 'n' froo? <cr>

As for Whittaker, there's no way back for him now. It would be best for all parties if he is sold forthwith.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008890/Ally-McCoist-remains-hopeful-deals-David-Goodwillie-Lee-Wallace.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

There was further bad news for the Ibrox boss as it emerged that Steven Whittaker has rejected the latest contract offer put forward by club owner Craig Whyte. Bursaspor remain keen to sign the Scotland international and it is understood they have now had a £1million bid — their fifth — turned down.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008890/Ally-McCoist-remains-hopeful-deals-David-Goodwillie-Lee-Wallace.html#ixzz1QWQFGUDL

Get fucking shot of him , Both he and his greedy fucking agent think they can hold the club to ransom , GTF Shittaker IMO you were nevr all that anyhow , Its simple to see , Boyd , Miller both left and are now unhappy and i think same will happen to whittaker , if he wiz that good some EPL team would be kicking our door down.

Cheerio, Steven. Thanks for that goal in Lisbon, your Co-Op cup final performance and helping us to 3IAR.

If he doesn't want to stay, we should take the money, get him off the wage bill and look for a new right back.

All the negative attitudes - to rumours - makes me laugh. .... and what is wrong with a player negotiating as hard as possible, we sure as hell expect the club to be doing so as well and if there is a deal to be struck, grea;t if not good luck to any player that moves on.

I love it when some fans decide to do the negotiations for players and the club and make a stand, when they generally don't know anything about the details of the contractual offer. That the place where the devil resides. If the two parties cannot reach an agreement then let them walk away. They are both entitled to hardball and take their chances as much as they want. No need to vilify a player that's done okay for us and fancies a change of either scenery or to the bank balance or both. No need to vilify the club if they decide that a player is not worth what they'll need to pay to get him. We need to trust in our gang of four to make more good decisions than bad ones. At the moment I do. Come the end of next season I'll think about it a bit deeper.

I love it when some fans decide to do the negotiations for players and the club and make a stand, when they generally don't know anything about the details of the contractual offer. That the place where the devil resides. If the two parties cannot reach an agreement then let them walk away. They are both entitled to hardball and take their chances as much as they want. No need to vilify a player that's done okay for us and fancies a change of either scenery or to the bank balance or both. No need to vilify the club if they decide that a player is not worth what they'll need to pay to get him. We need to trust in our gang of four to make more good decisions than bad ones. At the moment I do. Come the end of next season I'll think about it a bit deeper.

Its ok mate some of us understand the ins and outs of contract negotiations. We play football manager (tu)

Whittaker's played his part for us on a relatively small wage.

Done his bit and helped us win what we have done over the past three years without grumbling once even though he's been on the end of some ridiculous abuse from the 'faithful' crowd.

I'd say he has my blessing.

This! (tu)

I would rather keep him and run his deal down if he doesnt sign a new one, unless we get a bid of more than £1m.

I know we only paid £2m for him but we should be using Whittaker and Bougherra's situation as a bench mark...2 1st team players who will be hard to replace show that we dont need to deal with it like we did with Miller!

We should not be held to ransom by an average player like Whittaker. Thank him for what he's done and then punt him.

We should not be going back with 5 separate offers to him, either you want to play for the Rangers or you don't. He clearly doesn't.

While I'd have wanted to keep him he does not deserve to be a top earner at the club, we can get a better replacement on much lower wages.

I do have to say my patience is wearing thin with all the pussy footing around we've done and achieved nothing so far

This! (tu)

I would rather keep him and run his deal down if he doesnt sign a new one, unless we get a bid of more than £1m.

I know we only paid £2m for him but we should be using Whittaker and Bougherra's situation as a bench mark...2 1st team players who will be hard to replace show that we dont need to deal with it like we did with Miller!

The club is not in a position to let any "asset" run down their contract. We lost valuable money when Boyd and Novo left for nothing and Miller left for peanuts.

If Whittaker and Bougherra do not sign contract extensions then their heart is not in Rangers anymore and they simply have to be sold. £1m to £1,5m for Whittaker and a minimum £2m to £2.5m for Bougherra. Yes this may be harsh from a footballing perspective but you need players who are fully committed not ones with an eye on their big pay day and move in 6 to 12 months.

The club is not in a position to let any "asset" run down their contract. We lost valuable money when Boyd and Novo left for nothing and Miller left for peanuts.

If Whittaker and Bougherra do not sign contract extensions then their heart is not in Rangers anymore and they simply have to be sold. £1m to £1,5m for Whittaker and a minimum £2m to £2.5m for Bougherra. Yes this may be harsh from a footballing perspective but you need players who are fully committed not ones with an eye on their big pay day and move in 6 to 12 months.

I dont believe they wouldnt try, not for a second!

Hundreds of players do this every single year and it doesnt make any difference to a lot of them....look at David Vaughan someone who we were really ineterested in, just played the best season in his career whilst his contract ran out.

I think theres more risk by punting the two of them then trying to rush players into there positions, new signings etc than the risk of there hearts not being in it.

Bougherra's situiation has been the same for the past 2seasons yet hes still played brilliantly!

It would seem he is just chasing as much money as he can, which on one hand is fair enough but its leaves a bad taste in my mouth when distinctly average players like Steven Whittaker rejects an offer to become our highest paid player. Greed is ruining the game.

I appreciate what Whitt has done for us in the past, but he was well paid for it (well in relation to what i get paid that is) but i would take what we can get for him and reinvest in buying some new blood.

I don't get why people want to jump down the throats of players who want a change along with the fact of making a bundle more money, it might be a bit different if they grew up supporting the Rangers, but unless they did then there is no longer such a thing as loyalty in the game today [OK maybe the odd one now and then] but really because of the advent of agents it's now all about the money and I for one would never criticize anyone for trying to set themselves up for life, in fact I would say it's their duty to themselves and their family to do so.

As for winning medals,well Whittaker has won all there is to win in Scotland and let's all be honest here, in the great scheme of things winning medals in Scotland don't mean much to anybody outside of Scotland, of coarse it's the bees knees to win more than the tims, but only if you are a bluenose, nobody else really gives a toss, if you play for the Rangers or sellik you should be winning medals.

Steven Whittaker doesn't owe us anything, any time he played he done his best, ok that may not have been all that great at times but he did try, so I say good luck to you son for the future, and that also goes for any other player who has put in a shift for us and feels the same way, people have to realize we are now a stepping stone for players who want a crack at something that they may perceive as being better,but no matter they will be replaced and this great club will go on.

Best post in here, I cringed when I heard we offered him £20k a week, decent player on his day but nowhere near worth that sort of money.

(tu) Spot on.

(tu) Spot on.

Which part do you think is spot on because you surely cant agree that players who are in the last year etc are not fully committed?

Im pretty sure that the SPL's top scorer last season was in the last year of his contract and it didnt seem to effect his performances...