Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods have decided to change the header.

I dont call him that because he wants to leave - ive called him that all season because he has been shit for 80% of it.

I just feel more relaxed about calling him that in public now as he is showing his loyalty....

He still has 12 months to run on this deal mind if Bursa dont stump up for him. I wouldnt mind him seeing out his deal.

I wonder if KM is behind this deal. Asking him to go over and help him settle and he will be paid good for doing so. WIN WIN in my eyes.

Also I have a feeling whitts has been tapped-up somewere along the line tbh

Something doesn't add up:

Meanwhile, Whittaker’s agent, Ken Anderson, confirmed a new offer to extend his client’s Ibrox deal beyond next summer had been turned down in the last 48 hours.

‘A further offer from Rangers was received and we declined this over the weekend,’ he said.

(from the Daily Mail article listed in OP)

From Monday's Evening Times: (Link)

And the player’s representative, Ken Anderson, has admitted the situation is likely to be resolved today. He said: “I am expecting to speak with Rangers later, and expect that they will make a further and probably final attempt to get Steven to extend his current deal with them. Obviously Steven has a very tough decision to make. He has been very happy at Rangers and very successful with them.

“But Bursa are very keen to sign him and it would represent a fresh challenge and of course there is a financial bottom line. They have made him a very attractive offer in personal terms and he has the security of his family to think about. So one way or another I expect the situation to be resolved today.”

So in one his agent says Whittaker "declined [a new contract] over the weekend" and in the other he was going in for talks on Monday. <cr>

me, i'd teach the wee fanny a lesson by sticking him in the non exsistant reserve league, let him suffer big time, make the pricks life at rangers as hell as possible.

fucking scumbag that he is

never hated a player more than him

A bit to far mate :disappointment: No rangers player should be getting called a "scumbag" by their own support ffs

Something doesn't add up:

(from the Daily Mail article listed in OP)

From Monday's Evening Times: (Link)

So in one his agent says Whittaker "declined [a new contract] over the weekend" and in the other he was going in for talks on Monday. <cr>

It was prob then that, He told rangers of his players decision.

buba3d, on 27 June 2011 - 11:46 PM, said:

me, i'd teach the wee fanny a lesson by sticking him in the non exsistant reserve league, let him suffer big time, make the pricks life at rangers as hell as possible.

Fud!!

Guess you are angry at him not re-signing but that comment is bang out of order.All it does is give the bheasts who watch this site ammunition to ridicule us.Honestly I think you should withdraw it.

Whittaker's played his part for us on a relatively small wage.

Done his bit and helped us win what we have done over the past three years without grumbling once even though he's been on the end of some ridiculous abuse from the 'faithful' crowd.

I'd say he has my blessing.

why the fuck should i, carlos and cousin were called far far worse than what i called whittaker, whittaker countless times is refusing to sign a new contract for more money, cousin always stated he wanted to play in the epl, carlos was punted because the money was right and apperntly it triggerd a release in the contract.

had some bad news over the weekend so i'm snapping at everything at the moment, sorry if it offends.

Because its wrong and it says more about you than it does about him.

Gutted if true, Money over medals!! Think Whittaker has illusions of grandeur!!

I don't get why people want to jump down the throats of players who want a change along with the fact of making a bundle more money, it might be a bit different if they grew up supporting the Rangers, but unless they did then there is no longer such a thing as loyalty in the game today [OK maybe the odd one now and then] but really because of the advent of agents it's now all about the money and I for one would never criticize anyone for trying to set themselves up for life, in fact I would say it's their duty to themselves and their family to do so.

As for winning medals,well Whittaker has won all there is to win in Scotland and let's all be honest here, in the great scheme of things winning medals in Scotland don't mean much to anybody outside of Scotland, of coarse it's the bees knees to win more than the tims, but only if you are a bluenose, nobody else really gives a toss, if you play for the Rangers or sellik you should be winning medals.

Steven Whittaker doesn't owe us anything, any time he played he done his best, ok that may not have been all that great at times but he did try, so I say good luck to you son for the future, and that also goes for any other player who has put in a shift for us and feels the same way, people have to realize we are now a stepping stone for players who want a crack at something that they may perceive as being better,but no matter they will be replaced and this great club will go on.

I wish Whittaker would take a leaf out of Boyd's, K.Thomson's and Miller's books as they left THE RANGERS to play for clubs who pay them more money and now their careers have took a severe dip. C'mon Whitt, change your mind .. ' For the badge, not money ! '

Take from it what you will according to ally whitts is still in talks us

ALLY McCOIST is desperate to trigger his revolution at Rangers.

The new manager wants to make a bang at Ibrox and he wants to do it fast.

But he's warned greedy clubs he won't be making changes with a gun pointed at his head.

So far McCoist has missed out on targets Tomer Hemed, Craig Conway and Neil Danns.

He has now turned his attention to David Goodwillie, Lee Wallace and Carlos Cuellar.

With Dundee United demanding £2million and Hearts refusing to negotiate below £1m, he knows there will be plenty of time spent round the table.

They can already smell the money after Craig Whyte's takeover. But although the season starts earlier than normal McCoist insists no one will make them pay over the odds.

Asked if people assumed Rangers were flush with money, he said: "I think there is an element of that. But we can be no different from any other club in the respect that we must get value for money.

"We will not spend money needlessly or carelessly. There is no doubt that a lot of transfers are a slight gamble, but the secret is to minimise the gamble as much as you can.

"We'll certainly not be held to ransom. And I think it is safe to say, though I'm not 100 per cent sure, that Conway and Danns probably went for more money.

"I would hope Craig Whyte wouldn't pay over the top. I've got an ongoing relationship with Craig, but I think he is an intelligent man, and a very, very good businessman. That would indicate that he won't be held to ransom.

"The early start puts everyone in Scottish football behind the eight ball. It's another reason someone could hold a gun to our head.

"Everyone up here thinks the early start is a good thing but to me it's a massive negative."

Despite losing out on players he wanted to get in the door, McCoist believes he's edging closer to stopping his top stars rushing OUT of it.

He revealed: "On the transfer front we had a good meeting today. We obviously have a list of targets which we have prioritised and we are looking to push forward with them.

"There will be disappointments, players we want who we won't get - that's part and parcel of the game. I just want the punters to know we have a very good list of possibilities and targets who we will be going for in the very near future.

"Negotiations are ongoing with Steven Whittaker and Allan McGregor. Negotiations with Steve Davis' agents are just about to start as well.

"We are really really keen to keep those lads because they have been very important to the club in the recent success we have had. It's safe to say, there's no way that we want to lose them."

Top of that list is Whittaker, who Turkish side Bursaspor continue to believe they have snared.

McCoist smiled: "I'm not irritated or alarmed by Bursaspor because, with the greatest respect, Steven is a Rangers player and we don't want to lose him. Simple as that.

"And we won't lose him unless Bursaspor were absolutely ridiculous with their offer - and they won't be.

"The fact that he is negotiating with our boys would indicate that he is keen to stay, as is Allan and hopefully Steven too. We all know that sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side so hopefully the boys can look at the place they are at and realise it's a good club.

"The club has been good to them, they've been good to the club and that can continue."

While the Ibrox club won't splash cash needlessly, McCoist knows he has to invest in his defence.

He's hoping to nail skipper Davie Weir's future, as well as arranging deals for Kyle Bartley, Cuellar and Danny Wilson. He admitted: "We're light in the centre-back position, I've said that all along. There's possibly a question mark about Madjid Bougherra still but he's got another year of his contract to go.

"There are still question marks about Davie so along with Bartley I am very well aware it's a priority position.

"It's also common knowledge that Carlos is a big target, but we can't be held to ransom.

"His wages might be a bit of a stumbling block, but he is the type of player that we've got to target.

"We need players who want to play for the club. If he came back here he'd certainly give the whole place a lift. I would be absolutely thrilled if we could bring Carlos back.

"Danny Wilson is another name that's been put to us and I certainly wouldn't rule that out.

"We don't know the situation 100 per cent with Danny but we believe Liverpool could be willing to put him out on loan. That being the case, we'd certainly have an interest in taking that a little bit further.

"I'm also hoping to get a chat with Davie Weir today or tomorrow to see what he wants to do. We'll take it from there."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3662966/No-ones-gonna-put-a-gun-to-our-heads.html#ixzz1QWj8DhwX

this annoys me , i would rather players were more honest like bougherra tbh , at least you know where you stand with him

but to say that you want to stay with us around a month ago then get supposedly (sp) offered triple your salary and rejecting it is a bit off a kick in the team

however not exactly been his biggest fan. so wouldnt be gutted if he left so if he does then i wish him luck

Most players who leave us go for the simple reason of going to a better league ie the EPL, but a few greedy cunts go for the money like Boyd and look where he is today, so if I was McCoist I would sell Whittaker today, cash in and use the money for Goodwillie, or Wallace and let the greedy prick play on a shite team, in a shite league, and hopefully he will end up like Boyd and all the rest who only care about the money