Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have Broadfoot, Mcmillan & Cole. All 3can play at CB, & Broadfoot & Cole have done a decent job at left back too, Cole admittedly for the 2nd string.

Would you be happy with McMillan or Cole in our defence and us travelling to Parkhead or even Tynecastle next season?

Right am i getting this right. People are pissed off that Danns and that werent offered enough money but are going mad because Whittaker is being offered too much money?

Will people ever be happy?

There is no one more fickle than a football fan!

I will reserve my judgement until 1 September.

Would you be happy with McMillan or Cole in our defence and us travelling to Parkhead or even Tynecastle next season?

In a word... yes, for sure. Cole did just fine against Man Yoo, who, lets face it, are far better than both the above, and, McMillan is a player I have long been wanting to see in the side.

Mind you, thinking about the young players we saw last year, indeed, wasnt impressed with Ness, or Wylde against the bheasts.... oh wait!

And, lets be honest, Hutton looked good when he played too.

Years we have been moaning about not giving youth a chance, when, at the moment, we have some of the best we have in a long time.

You also have to remember, we still have Broadfoot, where does he play again? And, fairly sure he has performed just fine at those venues as well

Whittaker? Take him or leave him, but, at the moment, I would rather he left, assuming the stories are actually true of course

In a word... yes, for sure. Cole did just fine against Man Yoo, who, lets face it, are far better than both the above, and, McMillan is a player I have long been wanting to see in the side.

Mind you, thinking about the young players we saw last year, indeed, wasnt impressed with Ness, or Wylde against the bheasts.... oh wait!

And, lets be honest, Hutton looked good when he played too.

Years we have been moaning about not giving youth a chance, when, at the moment, we have some of the best we have in a long time.

You also have to remember, we still have Broadfoot, where does he play again? And, fairly sure he has performed just fine at those venues as well

Whittaker? Take him or leave him, but, at the moment, I would rather he left, assuming the stories are actually true of course

Darren did not play against Man U, did he? <cr> McMillan imo will never make it, i think he has been here too long, if he had anything to add to our team he would have been given a chance just like Ness, Hutton, Fleck and the like all several years younger than McMillan too.

Wyle and Ness were both outstanding against Seltic but then again, they are totally different players to Cole and McMillan. Did either of them play at Parkhead? Maybe Ness, but we got horsed there twice im sure.

I like Hutton but again, he is a different player from those we are talking about.

Thats why i did not question Broadfoot playing there, i like him and i know he can handle it.

I agree on Whitts, he has to go. His agent has told us he wants to go, they are desperate for Rangers to accept the Turkish offer.

(tu)

Darren did not play against Man U, did he? <cr> McMillan imo will never make it, i think he has been here too long, if he had anything to add to our team he would have been given a chance just like Ness, Hutton, Fleck and the like all several years younger than McMillan too.

Wyle and Ness were both outstanding against Seltic but then again, they are totally different players to Cole and McMillan. Did either of them play at Parkhead? Maybe Ness, but we got horsed there twice im sure.

I like Hutton but again, he is a different player from those we are talking about.

Thats why i did not question Broadfoot playing there, i like him and i know he can handle it.

I agree on Whitts, he has to go. His agent has told us he wants to go, they are desperate for Rangers to accept the Turkish offer.

(tu)

My bad, was busaspor! Still, Champs league and did fine, and was one of the first to be offered a new deal, he also has his own "first team" profile on official site now, which may be telling?. Have to disagree about McMillan, but, am sure we will find out, at some point

I know they are different types of players mate, but, if they are a barometer of how the kids do, then, its not a bad one.

I think Whittaker does want to go, but, at the same time, still delighted we arent taking the first offer, as we have done for some time!

My bad, was busaspor! Still, Champs league and did fine, and was one of the first to be offered a new deal, he also has his own "first team" profile on official site now, which may be telling?. Have to disagree about McMillan, but, am sure we will find out, at some point

I know they are different types of players mate, but, if they are a barometer of how the kids do, then, its not a bad one.

I think Whittaker does want to go, but, at the same time, still delighted we arent taking the first offer, as we have done for some time!

(tu)

Makes a nice change not being that easy touch we have been in recent years.

People always mention Brian Laudrup when its comes to this but again that is one example in a number of 100's...

I can honestly say that i think there is not a player in the world who is playing in a game, when the ball breaks, is in that fraction of a second going to stop and think hold on i might get injured, more than normal because he is the last year of his contract...

David Vaughan just played the best season in his career in the last year of his contract, Kenny Miller had arguably his best season in a Rangers shirt in the last year of his contract, the same with Neil Danns, Brad Friedel, Matthew Upson, Jiri Jarosik, Andrea Pirlo, Philippe Mexes....all players who were in the last year of there contract and still played the majority of there teams games to a good standard.

We put far too much thought into it all because of Laudrup's example and i would argue all day long that in this season especially, when we have to do massive rebuilding, i would rather keep Whittaker and Bougherra and let them leave for nothing than lose them for £1m just now and then having to replace to very important 1st team players with less than we paid for one of them!

The very important point missing from your examples is that none of them were offered 4-6 times their current earnings.If we force Whittaker to stay then we are unlikely to have a motivated Player on our hands and that is what his Agent is saying between the lines.I think he should go but only at a price acceptable to us.Bursa can try and play hardball but if they had another option they would have been turning their attention to them by now - not just threatening to.

My thoughts are as follows, If Whittaker has his heart set on a move then his mind is already elsewhere so time to get rid, he was a good utility player who was adaptable to several positions, good with the ball at his feet and confident enough to take on a man but....... he tends to drift out of position and leave the defence exposed and when he does charge up the wing 90% of cross balls are terrible so let him go for a decent price and dont give him any more money to stay, why should Rangers Football Club be held to ransom by Steven Whittaker who is no more than 2nd rate at best !!!

I was convinced the night I saw him against Unirea Whitts was never going to be an out and out Defender ,although it was a while ago, that night still lives on in my memory but I have forgiven him .

But IMO I would let him go and get someone who can defend and stop the crosses from going in .

Cole I like, but get a replacement for him if needed .

I know its hard to replace first team established Players but I would let him go not worth £20-25,000 a week.IMO

People always mention Brian Laudrup when its comes to this but again that is one example in a number of 100's...

I can honestly say that i think there is not a player in the world who is playing in a game, when the ball breaks, is in that fraction of a second going to stop and think hold on i might get injured, more than normal because he is the last year of his contract...

David Vaughan just played the best season in his career in the last year of his contract, Kenny Miller had arguably his best season in a Rangers shirt in the last year of his contract, the same with Neil Danns, Brad Friedel, Matthew Upson, Jiri Jarosik, Andrea Pirlo, Philippe Mexes....all players who were in the last year of there contract and still played the majority of there teams games to a good standard.

We put far too much thought into it all because of Laudrup's example and i would argue all day long that in this season especially, when we have to do massive rebuilding, i would rather keep Whittaker and Bougherra and let them leave for nothing than lose them for £1m just now and then having to replace to very important 1st team players with less than we paid for one of them!

Massive rebuilding?

Is that a joke?

Vaughn and Danns was playing for a move,I'd argue that Miller was doing the same,

If Boughie or Whittaker already have clubs lined up,well we know the latter does,there may be a 'can't be arsed attitude'

Obviously we could argue till we're blue in the face and none of us can claim we're right but I'd rather not take the risk.

I'm sorry I'm not a fan of letting anyone go for free,we're a business we can't just go splashing £4.5 million on players to then rake in zero as we are scared of having to actually scout some replacements for them when they won't sign another contract.

It's bollocks and it has to stop.

David Vaughan just played the best season in his career in

the last year of his contract, Kenny Miller had arguably his

best season in a Rangers shirt in the last year of his

contract, the same with Neil Danns, Brad Friedel, Matthew

Upson, Jiri Jarosik, Andrea Pirlo, Philippe Mexes....all

players who were in the last year of there contract and still

played the majority of there teams games to a good

standard.

We put far too much thought into it all because of

Laudrup's example and i would argue all day long that in

this season especially, when we have to do massive

rebuilding, i would rather keep Whittaker and Bougherra

and let them leave for nothing than lose them for £1m just

now and then having to replace to very important 1st team

players with less than we paid for one of them!

laudrup's situation was completely different from the players you have mentioned.

Every one of them were playing to the best of their abilities in order to attract the best possible contract offer when they became 'bosmans' .

Laudrup on the other hand had a pre-contract deal already in his back pocket courtesy of Chelsea,

a leg break , knee injury or in fact any long term injury would have made this deal null and void so that's why players with these deals don't try very hard.

Recent example being that centre half the tarriers have signed as soon as he commited to them forest froze him out of the team

laudrup's situation was completely different from the players you have mentioned.

Every one of them were playing to the best of their abilities in order to attract the best possible contract offer when they became 'bosmans' .

Laudrup on the other hand had a pre-contract deal already in his back pocket courtesy of Chelsea,

a leg break , knee injury or in fact any long term injury would have made this deal null and void so that's why players with these deals don't try very hard.

Recent example being that centre half the tarriers have signed as soon as he commited to them forest froze him out of the team

The same happened with Gio knew he was going to Le Arse he was wrapped up in cotton wool for a season.

SURELY there's a team out there who'd be willing to part with 2million for Whittaker. He'd be an affordable EPL benchwarmer or a first team Championship player. If he has his heart set on a move, then we should tart him up and start whoring him around town to the highest bidder. If he treats our club and fans like pawns, then we should treat him like a piece of cheap meat.

we have transferred landr n'guemo ( cm) , Alfred N'Diaye(dm), Michael Basser (rm) whittaker has wanted to come to Bursa but rangers didnt allow this transfer. if you didnt sign new contract wih whittaker you will have the same problems again at half of season.

all of this footballers from nancy :D it is interesting.

I wish whittaker would continue to show good performance at rangers.

Steven Whittaker’s future is up in the air after he rejected Rangers’ latest contract extension offer.

The player’s representative, Ken Anderson, has revealed that the Ibrox club yesterday tabled their second offer of the week through director of football administration Andrew Dickson.

But although Gers have improved their bid to tie Whitty down beyond 2012 and the ground between the two camps has closed, the new terms were not accepted.

Anderson now expects the Ibrox club to wind down the final 12 months of the defender’s contract even although a renewed bid by Turkish side Bursaspor could be imminent.

Anderson revealed: “Rangers tabled a new and improved offer to increase Steven’s contract beyond 2012 yesterday. However although they have upped the ante and the ground between us and them has closed it has still not closed enough and we have rejected that new offer.

“Rangers have not said if that will be their final offer to extend Steven’s current contract so we will have to wait and see on that. But as it stands I expect Steven to see out the remaining 12 months of his deal with them as it is clear Rangers value the player very highly.”

Although Bursa had a £1million offer for the Scotland star rejected last week that would have trebled his Ibrox wage, reports in the Turkey have indicated that they are still confident that they will unveil Whittaker as a new signing on July 7.

But Anderson remains sceptical of this.

He said: “The one thing that has remained consistent in this is that Rangers want Steven to stay at Ibrox. I believe there may well be a further offer from Bursa but again we will have to wait and see on that one.”