Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

I don't understand why some are so nervous about this. Whittaker is an -ok- player. He isn't a defender but going forward he can sometimes contribute. Last season the only goals he was scoring was penalty's and that to me showed that in season 2009-10 he was fortunate to have the extra cover at the back.

I'm angry at the thought of Rangers offering him £1million a year because he ISN'T that good.

I'm glad we're taking the stance we are though, let him rot unless someone bids incredible money, and when he does go....watch him regret his move like Kenny has, though unlike Kenny, who told us what he wanted (which is ironicly what we're now offering Whittaker) he is determined to defy all advice.

Boyd, Thomson, Wilson, Miller...if noone takes the hint after 4, they deserved to end up where they are.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the topic heading, why turn on a player like this just because he wants more money? fine sell him and move on, he has gave us good service over the years. lets not forget

cause we helped him to win medals, play 4 scotland, get more money and play in c.league

and whatever he is on rite now i can guarantee is easily enough to live on and more

I don't understand why some are so nervous about this

Because it's almost July and we still haven't signed anyone despite already being 3 players down on last season (Diouf, Foster and Bartley)

It's not that Whittaker is irreplaceable but that his sale would mean having to sign yet another player, and a first pick this time

Keep him and play him in the cl qualifier then punt him to Bursa for 2M, no less, any less and we keep him for the year and he can leave at the end on a free, Whyte needs to show we are in charge as hes our player for the next year. The days of us bending over to be shafted by the likes of these average players and pishy teams have come to an end.

last night i made some disgusting comments regarding the whole whittaker situation, being frustrated by what is going on at the club during this window, amongst some family issues, i vented my anger at whittaker.

sorry

Not public enough

Start a new thread

We won't be held to ransom when signing anyone but we will bend over backwards to offer silly money to someone who canny defend yet penny pinch when trying to bring in a class centre half.

Sell Whitty for £1.5m and give Hutton it for his first years wages...Bring in Carlos and Bartley and Wallace and the defence is sorted ..Go to Man City and get Weiss and pay £2m for goodwillie otherwise we'll not get him and then we can start the season as favourites.

We need more than that but that would shut up the doubters and send out a message of intent.

if we hold out for 1.5 mil,it should be enough to replace him,its quite obvious he does not want to be with us next season,he musnt be in touch much with miller or boyd to see how they enjoyed their big moves!!!

The transfer window hasn't even officially opened yet. Give the club time.

That may be the case but the tims have still managed to sign two players already with possibly a third on the way.

And as another poster mentioned in a different thread yesterday, even Hearts managed to get all their signings done in about a week.

Even if Whittaker does end up signing a new contract, his reputation amongst our fans has been properly tarnished. He's went from seemingly a quiet lad who was honoured to play for Rangers to a money-hungry mercenary who'd fuck off to obscurity in Turkey for an extra 10 grand a week

We don't have the squad depth to refuse to select an international player earning £8000 a week

We didn't freeze out Kris Boyd when he cost us £3.75 million by refusing to leave

His agent has threatened that he will just see out the final year of his contract. Call his bluff and get him cleaning the boots, the ones which he has got too big for.

What does it have to do with Kris Boyd?

If you look at it this way ...

Say Whittaker is on £9000 P/w and he has 1 year left on his contract. thats £9,000x52 = £468,000 and we would get nothing for him next year. If we sold him now we'd maybe get about £1.2 million? If we signed him up at triple his wages £27,000 p/w over 3 years that would be £4,212,000 over the next 3 years.

If we sell him now we stand to GAIN £1.2 Million (ish)

If we keep him we stand to LOSE £500,000 (ish)

If we resign him we stand to LOSE £4.2 Million (ish)

When you consider he doesn't want to be here/wants more money to stay, you'd have to say sell him to the highest bidder asap. Whittaker is not a £4.2 million player. If he doesn't want to stay I wouldn't let him rob the club of £500,000 (which we could use to bring a new player in).

I'd say sell him and use the money to sign a replacement. It will sadden me to see him go because I really rate him as a player but club comes first, always.