Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

I'd keep him. Withdraw our contract-offer, and reject the pittance on offer from the Turks.

Let him do a job for one more, fairly awkward, year and we can replace him next close-season.

We've got enough gaps to fill this year without having to replace our most versatile player.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree with everyone that has said it has embarrassing with the attempts we have had to sign people so far

Memed - from what i gather we gave him a good offer he decided he wanted to play in la liga - hardly shocking.

Conway - we never offered him a deal.

Danns - obviously wanted to stay in england...his loss.

Goodwillie - ongoing

Wallace - sounds like we have put in a more than generous offer for him - if they dont take it its the Mafias fault.

Offering an average player like Whittaker a hundred deals and getting refused over and over....now THATS embarrassing.

I could understand if it was someone like Jelavic but Whittaker? 80% mince last season - we should call him MacWhittaker as he would be the most pure and best selling burger in MacDonalds.

sums it up for me too.

Need to keep whitty, so diverse and actually to the contrary on here he is a good player, goes about his business with no fuss, been played all over the park and proved an important player for us and should remain so, totally baffled at the comments about whitty and if he wanted to run down his final yr so be it as im sure he will be of use to us in the process up till that point and he has served us well, aint bitter loyal

I agree 100% mate. So many on here accusing him of lack of loyalty, yet they don't want the club to show any loyalty to a player who has always given his best efforts. He's been one of our most important players over the last 2 seasons, as both Walter Smith and Ally McCoist have stated more than once. But of course they know nothing about football or the relative value of players to the club compared to the moaners on here! ;)

As for his repeated refusal to accept a new contract on what has been quoted to be £10,000 a week LESS than Bursaspor have offered him........he's a professional sportsman and will try to get paid as much as possible, just as the vast majority of people do in any other job.

I agree 100% mate. So many on here accusing him of lack of loyalty, yet they don't want the club to show any loyalty to a player who has always given his best efforts. He's been one of our most important players over the last 2 seasons, as both Walter Smith and Ally McCoist have stated more than once. But of course they know nothing about football or the relative value of players to the club compared to the moaners on here! ;)

As for his repeated refusal to accept a new contract on what has been quoted to be £10,000 a week LESS than Bursaspor have offered him........he's a professional sportsman and will try to get paid as much as possible, just as the vast majority of people do in any other job.

He has done well here and i aint ever really criticised whitty for anything, granted he has an off game now and then but whitty certainly aint a player to get rid off imo.

there is a vast indifference when it comes to certain players and there futures with forum opinion, he aint the best but he certainly looks a class act when on form and pushes forward with ease at times.

But that could just be a biassed view from me towards a really good player for the rangers

He's good going forward but weak defensively, a decent player but not one who deserves to be on top wages at Rangers.

its all very well in saying keep him and let him do a job, whats to say we keep him and then he tries to cost us points, i say punt him now or don't play him

:lol:

He's not got a death-wish ffs.

He'll be worried enough playing in front of us after knocking back a contract! He'd get chased down the tunnel if he tried any of that.

He's good going forward but weak defensively, a decent player but not one who deserves to be on top wages at Rangers.

Wages should depend on contribution imo, i read that if jella is on so and so whitty certainly dont deserve that, but jella is starting at rangers and has a wage that is enough to start him on his journey and one that im sure could rise itself considering there is room for this to happen if jella decided he wanted to stay here (will jella get hounded), afterall he aint the highest paid is he.

Im curious who should be the top earner then considering what whitty contributes id say he is in with a shout, whitty, davis and mcGregor should all be our top earners and jella too if he has a blinder like last

just as well we attack a lot.

also his defending isn't half as bad as is made out.

His defending isn't terrible, his distribution on the other hand...

The amount of times he finds the opposition is atrocious.

I don't think he's great defensively either, but he's better than anyone else on our books at RB, a decent stand-in at LB, and when asked to fill in at CB he let no-one down. All this from a player whose future is in midfield according to Walter Smith.

On a slightly different note........I've tried and failed to find any direct quote either from the club, the player or his agent which mentions £20,000 a week. Was this figure merely plucked out of thin air by the press? Or is it a rumour which has become "fact" through being repeated so often on here?

Should have been booted out long ago, probably after knocking back the 2nd offer. Doesnt know how good he has it. Let him go, our desperation to keep him is embarrassing. I really liked him as a player, i rate him highly, his goal in Sporting is possibly my all time favourite but these last few weeks i have lost respect for him. I want him gone, and quick.

Cat got his tongue?

:angry:

broadfoots a better defender than whittaker cash in on the cunt whittaker costs us alot of goals cheerio :)

Football has evolved to the point that how good a defender a full back is is largely irrelevant

Whittaker offers an incredible amount more going forward than Broadfoot and that is more important

It amazes me how many of our 3 in a row team people class as "pish"

Boyd

Miller

Whittaker

WeIr

Edu

Naismith prior to last season

Lafferty

No bad for a bunch of shite really :crabflute:

Aw aye Kevin Thomson got it alot aswell