Whittaker Turns Us Down Again....

His agent has convinced Whitty he can demand silly money - won't miss him. Once teams realise they've paid a massive wage for someone who's easily found out by a pacey, tricky winger they'll be kicking themselves!

To be fair he's half decent going forward tho

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how has it come to this?

so much optimism when Whyte came on board gave us hope that we could at least attract a decent level of player that will take us forward, yet so far all we have had is re-signings of players who played a combined total of 90 minutes for the team, rejection from at least two targets, no extensions agreed for our most important player, and a constant circle of turkish sharks trying to pinch our players on the cheap!

All is not right here, no matter what people say, we enter a new season in 3 weeks with a considerably weaker squad than the threadbare one we had last year, whilst our scummy rivals are tying up deals thick and fast...really fucks me off

Should be volleyed out the exit door!

Absolutely.

Can't believe we are being held to ransom by this poor excuse for a right-back.

Some people are saying he's good going forward. Is he fuck. His crosses are usually hit too hard or too close to the keeper. He more often than not gets tangled up with the ball between his legs. Opposing players just close in and wait for him to do this then step in and whack it to fuck. I'd rather have Broadfoot at RB, at least he can defend. :craphead:

What worries me over this particular negotiation is the amount of haggling we appear to be doing to retain his services.

Is that because Rangers rate him so highly or is it because there is no Plan B for a replacement should he refuse the extension?

What worries me over this particular negotiation is the amount of haggling we appear to be doing to retain his services.

Is that because Rangers rate him so highly or is it because there is no Plan B for a replacement should he refuse the extension?

Probably something else which they failed to see happening.

I expect it's because of his versatility, that we've tried so hard to keep him.

He's our best right back and is pretty adept at playing left back and center back. He can "do a job" accross the midfield so it allows us to use an experienced player instead of throwing a youngster in at the deep end if we're short on bodies in a certain area.

In anycase I'd prefer to sell him and replace him this summer. He's always got a raw deal from Rangers fans in the past, most of it undeserved, but I could certainly understand the amount of frustration that will be shown towards him now.

can i still call him a summy bastard or is that to harsh? while we're wasting time on this guy we could be out looking for new players, instead we're trying resign a guy who lets behonest has pretty much took a massive shite on the ibrox doorway

i'd kick the cunt out, but again i have to be careful with what i say just incase i offend the people.

There wisnae fuckin much with him.

Which is why i am struggling to get my head round the amount of offers we have made him and he has turned down every one of them.

Suggests to me Rangers are desperate to keep him as there is no alternative or the funds to buy one.

I dont agree with everyone that has said it has embarrassing with the attempts we have had to sign people so far

Memed - from what i gather we gave him a good offer he decided he wanted to play in la liga - hardly shocking.

Conway - we never offered him a deal.

Danns - obviously wanted to stay in england...his loss.

Goodwillie - ongoing

Wallace - sounds like we have put in a more than generous offer for him - if they dont take it its the Mafias fault.

Offering an average player like Whittaker a hundred deals and getting refused over and over....now THATS embarrassing.

I could understand if it was someone like Jelavic but Whittaker? 80% mince last season - we should call him MacWhittaker as he would be the most pure and best selling burger in MacDonalds.

I dont agree with everyone that has said it has embarrassing with the attempts we have had to sign people so far

Memed - from what i gather we gave him a good offer he decided he wanted to play in la liga - hardly shocking.

Conway - we never offered him a deal.

Danns - obviously wanted to stay in england...his loss.

Goodwillie - ongoing

Wallace - sounds like we have put in a more than generous offer for him - if they dont take it its the Mafias fault.

Offering an average player like Whittaker a hundred deals and getting refused over and over....now THATS embarrassing.

I could understand if it was someone like Jelavic but Whittaker? 80% mince last season - we should call him MacWhittaker as he would be the most pure and best selling burger in MacDonalds.

Sums it up for me, mate. (tu)

Need to keep whitty, so diverse and actually to the contrary on here he is a good player, goes about his business with no fuss, been played all over the park and proved an important player for us and should remain so, totally baffled at the comments about whitty and if he wanted to run down his final yr so be it as im sure he will be of use to us in the process up till that point and he has served us well, aint bitter loyal

Agent doing a grand job! only five or six weeks ago Whittaker was urging managment,to make him a Ranger for life,he's had a quick change of mind and dosent want to be here,so get him to feck out pronto.