Official: Gers Face Malmo Or Torshavn In Cl Qualifiers

TheMotor

Welcome to Rangers media, always nice to see other clubs fans(especially from European teams) sign up and post.

I mentioned in this and the other thread that you were not having a 'great' season, think you would agree on this? Would assume you would have expected to have been closer to the top of the table?

Has the new manager changed tactics? You seem like a more cautious team who don't score many goals. Comparing your scoring from last season is night and day and your defence seems weaker. Is that the case?

What do you expect over the two legs?

Thanks mate,

Well we are clearly not satisfied with this season so far and the title is gone to be honest. I think top four is more realistic now.

About us not doing many goals, well.. we have the same problem as Arsenal. Trying to play "entertaining" football, but sometimes it is just too much solo-thinking for my taste. Then last seasons best players have had injuries and not been in same shape as last season :( I think our players have been thinking too much about european games and are satisfied with being champions last year..

I expect a tough game away and hopefully it's a tie, then at home I think we have a good chance winning if you get 100% out of our players.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the new manager changed tactics? You seem like a more cautious team who don't score many goals. Comparing your scoring from last season is night and day and your defence seems weaker. Is that the case?

Our new manager is great but he hasnt been in the club long enough to make real changes.

Btw I saw you guys mention Larsson, Wilton and Pekalski, but if you ask me Ricardinho is by far our best player even though he is a defender.

What do you guys reckon is the best way to travel to Glasgow? Prices directly to Glasgow from Copenhagen is a bit to expensive for my taste. Train from Edinburgh/Manchester maybee?

Hows the connection between London Airports and Glasgow?

I hope you'll come to Malmö even though you're banned. Theres always a way to get hold of a ticket. I'll keep you updated when the tickets are released and if it's gonna be sold out if you want me too.

Would have loved to go to Sweden for my first European away game! :disappointment:

My hate for FARE has grown again.

If I was to be in the Malmo area around the date of the return leg, would I be allowed into the ground?

Malmo will sell you a ticket. Infact, I'd be surprised if they don't have a section set out for away fans.

The UEFA ban is on Rangers FC not being allowed to handle tickets, though I'm sure the club would prefer it if we didn't travel.

Decent draw, but as others have said this won't be easy. I'm not 100% sure but did we not get turned over by a Swedish team a few years ago ?

Anyway, just do it Rangers.

We lost to Goteborg uhm I think at some point during Walter Smith's first reign? Not sure but I am sure it was them we lost to was it not something like 3-0 in the away leg? But yeah I think we all know these matches aren't exactly easy, but on the other hand we need to be better than Malmo to have any chance of sucess this season.

What do you guys reckon is the best way to travel to Glasgow? Prices directly to Glasgow from Copenhagen is a bit to expensive for my taste. Train from Edinburgh/Manchester maybee?

I hope you'll come to Malmö even though you're banned. Theres always a way to get hold of a ticket. I'll keep you updated when the tickets are released and if it's gonna be sold out if you want me too.

I think the cheapest way is Ryanair from Gothenburg to Edinburgh. It's currently £73 for a return ticket.

I believe it's only a couple of hours from Gothenburg to Malmo by car?

I red alot about Malmö having a "shitty season"... sure it's not our best season but I its mostly because of many injuries and also we lost our manager to FC Copenhagen (took a while before they found us a new one). This will be very interesteing first Rangers and then the king of Malmö, Ibrahimovic, comes home with Milan to face our team! :)

Welcome to Malmö!

welcome mate (tu)

Hey Sky Blue.

If you can book early enough to get a good price, fly with Norwegian from Copenhagen to Edinburgh. It is usually about DKK 1400-1500 return (not sure about the exchange rate to Swedish pesetas at the moment ;) . The problem is that flights at the end of July might be a bt expensive just now. Then bus or train from Edinburgh to Glasgow takes less than an hour and is pretty cheap: DKK 100-150.

If Edinburgh is expensive, fly with Easyjet to Manchester then get the train up. If you book the train now it will be about DKK 300 each way, flights about DKK 600 each way. Train journey is 3-4 hours.

We are in the Champions section.

Awesome.

!!!

Thats what matters! :)

Thanks for the tips guys!

Any decent pub not packed with Gers fans you would suggest for a bunch of away supporters just lookin to get pissed and have a good time with their mates?

Does anybody have the teams we could potentially play in the next round?

I seen them yesterday but can remember what thread,

Got this from Bert Kassies website.

Teams in bold...

4th Qualifying Round for Champions (10 teams)

Seeded teams coef. Unseeded teams coef.

------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------

Glasgow Rangers *3 Sco 56.028 Rosenborg BK ** Nor 19.375

FC København *3 Den 51.110 Partizan Belgrade ** Srb 15.850

BATE Borisov ** Bls 23.216 APOEL Nicosia ** Cyp 13.124

Maccabi Haifa ** Isr 21.400 Wisla Kraków ** Pol 10.183

Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 20.224 Sturm Graz ** Aut 8.640

Got this from Bert Kassies website.

Teams in bold...

Just to point out, those in bold are the current seeded teams expected to go through but it's not definite.

I wanted to go to Malmo too, but the ban probably means that trip is fucked. I also believe the next qualifier will be fucked too if we beat Malmo.