Official: Gers Face Malmo Or Torshavn In Cl Qualifiers

TheMotor

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to get ahead of ourselves.........If the results turn out to go the way of the seedings, then the playoff round should look like:

Seeded

Rangers, FC Copenhagen, BATE Borisov (C'mon Linfield!), Maccabi Haifa, Dinamo Zagreb

Unseeded

Rosenborg, Partizan Belgrade, APOEL, Wisla Krakow, Sturm Graz

All winnable.

The two in bold are winnable but, the others wwill be a hard game.

For any people who have an interest in Sweden, as a tourist. :ph34r:

Prices are horrid to Malmo airport, from Edinburgh and Glasgow :anguish:

But they are nearly a third of the price to Stockholm- from Edinburgh.

- £269.61 with BMI. (Return)

Trains are available from Stockholm down to Malmo.

About £60 one way- dependent on times, ticket type etc

Tourists should fly from Edinburgh to Copenhagen on Norwegian, then get the train.

Football fans should wait for the play off round.

Lets face it, if we can't win this tie then well it's pretty tragic. And yes, we have lost similar ties in the past but it's still a tie we could and should be winning comfortably. There would be a lot tougher challenges than Malmo ahead if we want to get a decent run. Thats assuming Torshavn don't pull off a miracle.

Fuck sake 270 guests!!!

Anyways we should pump Malmo but we seriously need to get new players in asap in order for the to gel in.

Cuellar would be a massive boost and I would hope we would get another striker in before the registration deadline being either Miller or Goodie (don't see us being linked with anyone else).

Think we'll end up with Malmo.

They've got one dangerous player called Daniel Larsson. He's a bit like Ivan Sproule, but (impossibly) he's actually faster than him. Not a great end product or finish, but the thought of him in a foot race with Weir gives me the fear.

Wilton and Ivo Pekalski are a ood combination in the middle of the park also

To be honest mate I don't expect that to be the line-up especially after today's draw. Most likely ties in the 3rd round will be as follows.

Litex Lovech vs Wisla Krakow

HJK Helsinki vs Dinamo Zagreb

Apoel vs Slovan Bratislava

Genk vs Partizan Belgrade

Rosenborg vs Plzen

Fancy Genk and Plzen to win their ties and the other three could go either way which would completely change the seedings.

I'm with you on Plzen. (tu)

Genk v Partizan could easily go either way, same with Litex v Wisla. Would fancy APOEL and Dinamo to win their ties.

You're almost certainly correct that it won't go as seeded though. (tu) I was just trying to give an idea of the standard of team we would face in the playoff.

I red alot about Malmö having a "shitty season"... sure it's not our best season but I its mostly because of many injuries and also we lost our manager to FC Copenhagen (took a while before they found us a new one). This will be very interesteing first Rangers and then the king of Malmö, Ibrahimovic, comes home with Milan to face our team! :)

Welcome to Malmö!

I red alot about Malmö having a "shitty season"... sure it's not our best season but I its mostly because of many injuries and also we lost our manager to FC Copenhagen (took a while before they found us a new one). This will be very interesteing first Rangers and then the king of Malmö, Ibrahimovic, comes home with Milan to face our team! :)

Welcome to Malmö!

I also mentioned your poor season. I have been over from Copenhagen a couple of times this season and your team is really looking bad compared to last year.

Absolutely love your stadium though. Just a pity we're not allowed to come and jump around in it. :(