was that a goodbye Naisy?

baxterboy

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4369780/This-is-the-day-every-Rangers-fan-has-been-dreading-all-I-feel-is-anger-and-disbelief.html

Naisy, kinda sounds, somewhere between the lines, like a goodbye .

if so, it is an understandable choice considering the serious ramifications something like the sfl would have on your career and our other quality players.

cheers and all the best, you're a fucking hero in my book.

i hope tay fuck the powers at be don't bend to those spl fuckers who are salivating over draconian sanctions to cripple us.

i welcome the sfl.

to be standing alongside fellow bears at our first game of the sfl, cheering 11 young lads running onto the field proudly wearing the royal blue jersey to begin the Rangers Renaissance will be, without doubt, the greatest moment in 55 great years of following the team i love.

http://www.thescotti...-disbelief.html

Naisy, kinda sounds, somewhere between the lines, like a goodbye .

if so, it is an understandable choice considering the serious ramifications something like the sfl would have on your career and the our other quality players.

cheers and all the best, you're a fucking hero in my book.

i hope tay fuck the powers at be don't bend to those spl fuckers who are salivating over draconian sanctions to cripple us.

i welcome the sfl.

to be standing alongside fellow bears at our first game of the sfl, cheering 11 young lads running onto the field proudly wearing the royal blue jersey to begin the Rangers Renaissance will be, without doubt, the greatest moment in 55 great years of following the team i love.

That was the underling feeling I took from the interview.

I think he's just waiting to see his options, which as you say is entirely understandable.

There will be a Rangers playing football next season, and I will be standing shoulder to shoulder with you supporting whatever players pull on the royal blue jersey of the greatest, most successful football team in world history.

Rangers then, Raners now, Rangers forever.

For me yes and I think more shall follow but they go with all my thanks and respect.

Not many groups of players would have stuck by us like these boys, they love the club and like us will be hurting bad at this news.

Now we have a chance to let some of the younger guys make themselves the next shagger or naisy (although that would be one hell of a task).

am i the only one that would be annoyed if Naismith left. He was continually paid and looked after when he had not one but two cruciate knee injuries. Surely he could stay for one year to help us get going again

You would like to think so......................as he will not get a club down south for CL or perhaps even Euro League.

am i the only one that would be annoyed if Naismith left. He was continually paid and looked after when he had not one but two cruciate knee injuries. Surely he could stay for one year to help us get going again

He's a footballer and we are his employer, it's of course goign to be the case we look after him as this happens with all players at all clubs does it not?

He paid us back with titles, cups and taig skelping!

I cannot begrudge the lad leaving after all that has happened, he is at a very important stage of his career and has ambitions. What good is it for him (not us) in playing in a division where we have no chance of winning or getting European football?

I understand what you are saying though but the head sometimes over comes the heart.

Yea somewhat. Even if it was one more season to try to lead us out of whatever happens. It's a truly fucked up situation though

Rangers gave him his big break and made him what he is.

Anyone who walks away for the money can GTF.

They are incredibly well paid for what they do, even when we are in the grubber and in Naisys case we stuck by him.

The fans pay money to be there and will be there regardless.

Players are paid handsomely for the privilege, so they should be there.

I know I'm expecting too much as greed is the way, but I don't want to hear about how the "poor" players have to move on for their career.

The fact is they don't.

We need to forget about our main stars and focus on keeping the likes of Perry, Ness, McCabe, Fleck etc.

This.

The big names are already gone imo, whether you think it’s right or wrong I can’t see them sticking around while we are in this situation.

Perry, McCabe, Little, Ness, Hutton and even Fleck as you say will be the players I think we will be seeing next season. Low wages (which is still a massive issue) and will want game time so hopefully they can push on and continue to improve for us.

This.

The big names are already gone imo, whether you think it’s right or wrong I can’t see them sticking around while we are in this situation.

Perry, McCabe, Little, Ness, Hutton and even Fleck as you say will be the players I think we will be seeing next season. Low wages (which is still a massive issue) and will want game time so hopefully they can push on and continue to improve for us.

Thing is though.... We go down to Div 3 it's bye to them as well. We need to think seriously about our next move.

Under what scenario could we keep Naismith ? Best case scenario will be spl with no Europe...all our high paid players are going unless they want to half there wages, which they won't......for there own sakes no one with a brain would blame them. Every one of them will go with my best wishes for the last 4/5 years and taking the wage cut last season.

A very successful, committed and loyal bunch of players (tu)

A few people being harsh on Naisy here. If he did stay, he'd probably be asked to do it on reduced wages. The likelihood is he'll be asked to leave, along with McGregor, Davis etc, to bring the wage bill down, no matter where we are playing. We simply can't afford guys on 25k a week.

It's not always about money. The better players want to play in Europe and that's gone for 3 years. Naismith says it himself it's all about playing against the best and the experience of playing in different countries.

The players have been fucked about too and I'm sure the likes of McGregor and Naismith wouldn't leave if none of this shit had happened.

If anyone leaves they certainly have my best wishes

Good lad and best wishes to him.

Players can be fans and are but they also provide for their families and are used to the bigger wages and live accordingly which is fair enough.

They have agents who paint them the big rosy picture of life elsewhere etc which is fine as well.

Just wish these guys would take into account what the club has done for them sometimes.

When a player is injured and not technically contributing to the club we still pay their wages on time every month.

When the clubs hurting a bit of loyalty would not go amiss in return.

I am not saying this against Naisy specifically as I think we could not keep him in the current situation and hope he does well in the future.

But giving me the real reason a player is leaving is all I want to hear.

And thats money, nothing more nothing less.

As said previously I don't blame them for cashing in, just want a bit of players saying it like it is.

perhaps now the best we can hope for, is that that our most valuable players transfer across to the newco.

then at least we can get some money in for them, if they can walk away from there contract and leave us for nothing, that would be a disaster.

i know they have given up a lump of money already, even if its at the previous figures they are allowed to leave for, it could net us around 10 million.

if they walk we get nothing

:anguish: