Mike Ashley to Invest in Rangers

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No im certain it had for one day that the strip was a tenner. maybe first home game in the league? Definitely had the top at £10 though.

they were selling them for £14 or something a couple weeks ago, think it was a cock up though. but that may be in addition to what your on about, dunno.

The oldco is not in liquidation. Mr Green did not buy assets after this.

The contract is with oldco, and oldco will be unable to fulfil the contract because it no longer owns the trademarks. When Green bought the assets, he didn't automatically buy the contract. It is up to him and JJB to agree on something. He was free to agree a contract with Sports Direct or anyone else instead, and depending on what he agreed with JJB at at the time, he might still be able to do that.

Putting 2 + 2 together, makes me wonder if whyte is involved here.

The rumour about ashley has been doing the rounds sinice last year.

Im sire there was even a thread about whyte and him meeting in a hotel up here before administration.

Being a billionaire who is well known to invest in football, I'd be surprised if a fair few chairmen from all sorts of clubs haven't attempted to meet with him.

On a different note, obviously my main concern has been the big picture for the past few months until things have started looking up in the past week or so... but every time I hear talk of a change of sponsor or kit maker I worry about the shirt I already bought! I'm far too skint these days to have thrown away 40 quid even if tickets are cheaper this year lol. But ah well, I suppose even if they do change the home shirt it'll be a good one for the collection. With the club's fortunes turning so optimistic lately, I suppose there could be a lot worse than having a couple of random logos on my shirt for a year!

Anyone know how Newcastle fans feel about this?

Any club that gets the oppertunity to become a 'feeder' club for Rangers should feel honoured and privileged, lol j/k..

To your point, it shouldn't make a bit of difference to Newcastle, he's only buying a stake in Rangers for business purposes, he OWNS Newcastle. It's much like dodgy dermot and him owning the bheasts but also having a stake in mhank united..

It definetly said as a special offer this weekend kids strips £5 adults £10

I saw this last night also and pointed it out to my son - wee trip over to the mega store 1st thing Sat morning.

this Ashley story might have some truth, holding back releasing 2nd and 3rd kit so it can be sold in sports direct stores.

Looks like jjb know this is happening and don't want to be left with excess stock.