Europa League

Always enjoy watching this competition, some cracking games already this year with some involving Spurs so hopefully more of the same tonight. I reckon without Bale they may well struggle but the first leg will be too much for Inter to claw back.

Chelsea have been poor for the majority of the season especially in Europe but maybe the United game could be a turning point so I expect them to progress easily enough tonight.

With Atletico already out I think Spurs have a great chance of winning some silverware this season and I reckon AVB will lead them to the EL title. Chelsea have too many games and will be too focused on a top 4 spot while Torres as there only striker is not enough IMO.

Chelsea 3-0 tonight

Spurs to lose 2-0.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs to go through I think they'll lose 2-1 or 3-1 but still make it through alright, Inter are not great at the moment anyway and I can't see them clawing back the deficit.

I have a sneaky suspicion Newcastle might go out on away goals with a 2-2 draw or something, I really hope I'm wrong and they make it through as I like Newcastle under Pardew.

Chelsea will bring it back and win by two or three goals if you ask me. I think Chelsea & Spurs will both reach the Semi's in this competition as well (tu)

They should do but I'm not so sure they would, European trophies are things to savour and remember they don't happen often (tu)

Indeed.

The CL means so much these days to teams though I guess.

Maybe Chelsea bein the first London club to lift the CL would take the shine off it for them although maybe not.

They could well do both (finish top 4 and win the EL) I'd not bet against it tbh.

Do you think Spurs fans would take the EL title over a top 4 finish?

Yes but then most small clubs would.I don't think they will get either though. Have to say it really is a dreary competition and needs a revamp. Shame as the old uefa cup was a cracking competition