Prior: Rangers Exec's on Crazy Money

Ace

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, all that writing and not one bit of punctuation ... never thought it possible

If that's the most important thing in your life mate then you really need to get out more, fucking sad pedantic prick, trolling around forums checking peoples punctuation and spelling etc. Wanker.

Charles Green was the one who set the salaries for the executives (barring the football management, who were already in place). The salaries that he and Imran and his other appointments were rather high for Company in Rangers situation. It was Charles Green who gave the non exec directors a fee of £50k a year - under Murray the non execs did it for expenses only. Even that wasn't good enough for some folk - remember the fuss about AJs expenses.

The Daily Rebel is playing some of you lot like a kipper...."good" story/"bad story".....Have any of you actually read it? It is 100% more divide and conquer nonsense from them....Walter is made out to be a saint for stepping in whilst the "bad" men taking all the money are Green and Stockbridge....Stockbridge being mentioned on 3 occasions. Sorry but that whole piece just stinks of more attempts to oust what is percieved to be "Greens men" and yet a good number of you will continue just to lap it up......Was there to be balance in the article and the inflated wages of our playing and coaching staff was also discussed then fair enough, because we do pay our staff at all levels too much, but when its purley focussed on individuals whos face doesnt fit you can clearly see the agenda wheels in motion (no pun intended ; )

IBROX investor Kieran Prior claims the revival of Rangers is being strangled by extravagant levels of executive pay.

The former City of London whizzkid has already been doing his homework, less than 24 hours after Record Sport revealed he had forked out around £400,000 to snap up 1.2 per cent of the club.

In his first major interview, Prior says the current Ibrox board have got it wrong when it comes to paying big salaries and hefty bonuses to executives such as finance boss Brian Stockbridge.

The 34-year-old, who admits to a friendship with ousted chairman Malcolm Murray, says greater corporate governance is key and the board must consider reconstruction if Rangers are to emerge as a force again.

The former Goldman Sachs trader is also calling for greater fan representation at boardroom level as he admitted to fears the £22million raised by the recent share issue is in danger of being squandered over time.

Prior said: “I’m still waiting on a copy of the full accounts but from the papers I’ve seen in the last 24 hours executive renumeration is approximately £1.5m.

Revealed: Rangers investor Kieran Prior explains why he decided to buy into the Ibrox team

“I have good faith those figures are real and I’ll stand by those quotes.

“I find it astonishing a club in the Third Division has paid that amount of money to memb wers of staff, including Mr Stockbridge.

“As a former banker I know the basic salary of managing directors on trading desks range from £100,000-£300,000.

“That’s in London and at Goldman Sachs, one of the most profitable institutions in the world and yet I see Mr Stockbridge and Charles Green have taken similar salaries from Rangers.

“Although Mr Stockbridge is finance director he is a chartered accountant by academic standards.

“He is earning in excess of £200,000, which is overvaluing your FD – and when bonuses match your salary, that seems ludicrous.

“I can see the argument for a chief executive, but why the hell should a bonus be paid for winning the Third Division to the FD? It would seem exploitative in nature, at best.

“We’re in a unique position at Rangers where we can grow the club and a stockpile of wealth so when we reach the pinnacle of the Scottish game again there is an opportunity to go straight back where we belong – at the top, nowhere else.

“I’m afraid money is being dwindled away, given the figures being bandied about.”

It is understood bonuses were paid to two executives – Stockbridge and Green pocketing around £550,000.

The Rangers board has been ridden with in-fighting over the last year and Walter Smith was forced to step in and become chairman last month in a bid to quell tensions between warring factions

Prior added: “The current board seems a very legacy-ridden, Charles Green affair.

"That’s not to say Charles Green didn’t do some good things, but we need to move forward.

“We must make the club financially sound for the fans especially, as well as other shareholders. We need to rebuild the board and take a city-friendly, corporate governance-laden approach.

“Walter Smith aside, as he is untouchable and an institution in himself, we must clean up the act of the board.

Unless we can change its constitution and give it a more corporate friendly base, I can see struggle occurring.

“That would only detract from a great opportunity. We have time on our side to work under the radar these next couple of years and rebuild finances on the back of the sixth biggest attendances in Britain.

“We can build up our youth academy, our team and hopefully get back to the top of the Scottish game and playing in Europe again.”

This is another boardroom battle in the making !!!

He admits to being friends with Malcolm Murray and it shows as the focus if his ire is both Stockbridge & Green !!

It's time for Walter & Mather to earn their money & stop this potential public fight from happening.

Just read the story and i reckon he is spot on. I dont even have any issues with him saying it publicly either as it may force some hands.

The exec salaries have always been ridiculous. Its time to sort them once and for all.

Starting with the management trio.

If that's the most important thing in your life mate then you really need to get out more, fucking sad pedantic prick, trolling around forums checking peoples punctuation and spelling etc. Wanker.

Not the most important thing at all but if you are going to write a long winded post, at least make it readable.

There may have been some very good points in amongst you post but struggled then gave up because there are no paragraphs or punctuation, things that make long winded posts readable.

Not the most important thing at all but if you are going to write a long winded post, at least make it readable.

There may have been some very good points in amongst you post but struggled then gave up because there are no paragraphs or punctuation, things that make long winded posts readable.

It's perfectly readable, you just chose to have a pop at a fellow bear for something utterly pathetic, childless and pointless, which I find surprising from someone who only hours earlier posted this...."that is the issue with our support in comparison with others, we let petty squabbles & ego's get in the way of the much bigger need i.e. Rangers !!

Rather than look at the little things that separate us, why can't we acknowledge the one HUUGE thing that should unite us?

We all proclaim to love the club, we all declare our wish for the club to not only survive, but thrive .... but then we let our obsessions, pettiness & ego get in the way "I don't like this guy ... get rid of him" .... "I want this guy to come back, you don't ... lets fight" etc etc.

It childish & petulant and not condusive to all the bold claims we make." I guess I am sorry if my level of literacy does not match your own, but I suppose it's better than being a hypocritical arsehole, utterly childish and pointless stab at a fellow bear mate, uncalled for and embarrassing.

And also, ACE, neither the return key or the tab key function properly when editing a post, making it difficult to break up a post into paragraphs. perhaps Admin could have a look at this and save ACE from a weekend of having to endure poor punctuation. Although tbh I don't know why I'm justifying myself to you.

It's perfectly readable, you just chose to have a pop at a fellow bear for something utterly pathetic, childless and pointless, which I find surprising from someone who only hours earlier posted this...."that is the issue with our support in comparison with others, we let petty squabbles & ego's get in the way of the much bigger need i.e. Rangers !!

Rather than look at the little things that separate us, why can't we acknowledge the one HUUGE thing that should unite us?

We all proclaim to love the club, we all declare our wish for the club to not only survive, but thrive .... but then we let our obsessions, pettiness & ego get in the way "I don't like this guy ... get rid of him" .... "I want this guy to come back, you don't ... lets fight" etc etc.

It childish & petulant and not condusive to all the bold claims we make." I guess I am sorry if my level of literacy does not match your own, but I suppose it's better than being a hypocritical arsehole, utterly childish and pointless stab at a fellow bear mate, uncalled for and embarrassing.

It wasnt really, it may have been perfectly readable to you, only because in your head you add the punctuation yourself.

Nobody expects an iq in the 230s, but a full stop doesn't go amiss

The amount of folk on this forum happy to go around taking the cunt out of fellow bears, for the heinous crime of not being brilliant at written English actually makes me cringe, you people are a fucking disgrace I'll happily discuss my failing with you face to face feel free to PM me, both of you.

The amount of folk on this forum happy to go around taking the cunt out of fellow bears, for the heinous crime of not being brilliant at written English actually makes me cringe, you people are a fucking disgrace I'll happily discuss my failing with you face to face feel free to PM me, both of you.

Ffs dry your eyes.

And also, ACE, neither the return key or the tab key function properly when editing a post, making it difficult to break up a post into paragraphs. perhaps Admin could have a look at this and save ACE from a weekend of having to endure poor punctuation. Although tbh I don't know why I'm justifying myself to you.

Nobody else suffers from these issues. Stop being a twat.

Shut the fuck up.