South Yorkshire Police Over-Reacting

steveger1

Glad someone on owlstalk has posted this,as I was told the exact same, but In confidence, heard this from 2 reliable sources now:

"I was told last night by someone close to the club that a certain person at SYP has thrown her dummy out of the pram because the fixture was agreed to without her being consulted by her subordinates. She made it perfectly clear that she would have vetoed it and that she would do everything she could to stop it going ahead. Only the fact that the 2 clubs had signed a contract and SYP would be liable for damages has prevented her doing this.

Wednesday completely disagree with her opinion that there is going to be a bloodbath due to thousands of claymore wielding, kilted savages descending on the unwary citizens of Sheffield. This is born out by the recent friendly played in Bristol which was attended by John Rutherford who I am told considered it the best, most friendly atmosphere he had ever experienced. John, I am told spent the first half among the locals and the second half mingling with the Rangers' fans to gauge opinions and is convinced that everything should go off smoothly on the night.

I was also told to expect a bigger police presence than for a Steel City Derby so the police could outnumber the supporters."

posted by owlsincefifties On owlstalk today and genuine.*John Rutherford Is SWFC's Operations/Safety Manager

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/ind...ket/?p=4647936

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers in the last ten years as far as I recall have had zero trouble in England. Well except for 1st jan 1994 getting a doing from 2 wee lassies in Pompey :D

But seriously all the games I've attended down south have passed peacefully, Manchester aside. But most of the cunts I met that I know down in Manchester don't bother about rangers any other time,

The Wednesday fans will see this.

I don't know who the "her" Is by name, as In both phone calls they just referred to a top female cop,

can't see it being her to be honest as she only moved to SYP from west midlands police 2 days ago, and this crap has been going on for over a month or longer now.

I don't know who the "her" Is by name, as In both phone calls they just referred to a top female cop, ive googled it and what comes up Is South Yorkshire Police have appointed a female as assistant chief constable, now this may not be the lady mentioned In the calls/emails/posts, but have a look at her second name, just outta Interest, the conspiracy theorists will have a field day... :pipe:

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/first-female-assistant-chief-constable-appointed-south-yorkshire

Tarrier by name tarrier by nature.

We've got Jon daly anyway fuck her

The simple fact is that English local police chiefs talk to Strathclyde chiefs (who over-police football fixtures at Ibrox and beyond) and they straight-up decide it's better if Rangers, nor another Glasgow team, don't come and play in their town/city.

I had a conversation with a director of my local team, Morecambe FC, last season - who is a regular guest in the director's box at Ibrox and has suggested the idea of a friendly between the clubs in recent years, to no avail - but he told me that the Lancashire police would never allow Rangers to play in Morecambe.

Remember when Cumbria police cancelled the tims visit to Carlisle? It was nothing to do with Rangers fans returning from down south, it was purely because they don't want Rangers, nor them, coming to town. You shoulda seen Carlisle when Leeds and Millwall came to town for League 1 fixtures! Frogmarched from the train station to Brunton Park.

This is all caused by Strathclyde Police over policing football games at Ibrox, intimidating supporters, and causing more public order offences than they prevent. The other forces in England see this, and think it is the fans who are to blame.

The recent testaments from Bristol, prove those police forces wrong.

The simple fact is that English local police chiefs talk to Strathclyde cheifs (who over-police football fixtures at Ibrox and beyond) and they straight-up decide it's better if Rangers, nor another Glasgow team, don't come and play in their town/city.

I had a conversation with a director of my local team, Morecambe FC, last season - who is a regular guest in the director's box at Ibrox and has suggested the idea of a friendly between the clubs in recent years, to no avail - but he told me that the Lancashire police would never allow Rangers to play in Morecambe.

Remember when Cumbria police cancelled the tims visit to Carlisle? It was nothing to do with Rangers fans returning from down south, it was purely because they don't want Rangers, nor them, coming to town. You shoulda seen Carlisle when Leeds and Millwall came to town for League 1 fixtures! Frogmarched from the train station to Brunton Park.

This is all caused by Strathclyde Police over policing football games at Ibrox, intimidating supporters, and causing more public order offences than they prevent. The other forces in England see this, and think it is the fans who are to blame.

The recent testaments from Bristol, prove those police forces wrong.

Strange that Lancashire police let us play in Blackpool as well. Strange bunch are the police.

Strange that Lancashire police let us play in Blackpool as well. Strange bunch are the police.

It's more to do with the policing available in the town's in question. Blackpool has a large police force, due to what is on offer in that town as it is!

The likes of Morecambe, Fleetwood, Burnley, Accrington, etc, wouldn't be able to handle us on their own, based on the advice and what they see from Strathclyde.

It's more to do with the policing available in the town's in question. Blackpool has a large police force, due to what is on offer in that town as it is!

The likes of Morecambe, Fleetwood, Burnley, Accrington, etc, wouldn't be able to handle us on their own, based on the advice and what they see from Strathclyde.

Ahh I get yae mate.

I was just thinking as they were all under 1 force. They really can't see beyond Manchester. I think only 2 or 3 of the guys convicted for that we're even st holders. It's a joke.

Ahh I get yae mate.

I was just thinking as they were all under 1 force. They really can't see beyond Manchester. I think only 2 or 3 of the guys convicted for that we're even st holders. It's a joke.

As someone said above, in the economic climate we are in, these police forces are contributing to the struggling mini-economies within these smaller cities.