South Yorkshire Police Over-Reacting

steveger1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more to do with the policing available in the town's in question. Blackpool has a large police force, due to what is on offer in that town as it is!

The likes of Morecambe, Fleetwood, Burnley, Accrington, etc, wouldn't be able to handle us on their own, based on the advice and what they see from Strathclyde.

Morecambe has a fantastic statue of you on the beach front!! I can't understand why there aren't police guarding it 24/7 myself... ;)

The top female cop who has allegedly reacted this way will be the one was the divisional commander in Manchester, when we visited for the Uefa cup final. She will be he'll bent on revenge!

Somebody needs to write to SYP and ask the question about the manner of policing being enforced.

The best thing to do when / if we are frog marched is to stay absolutely silent, they will hate it and it will show them up for what they are doing!

I read on FF this match has been giving a match category of 2, the second highest in terms of risk.

Ridiculous, if they're going to police this the way I think they will, there's a danger something could kick off(not just the match).

There's going to be a big stand lying there empty while ticketless Bears stoat around pished, so silly it beggars belief.

Manchester police were the same,

Don't travel if you don't have a ticket,

Oh you're still travelling?

Ok we'll put up fanzones for you.

Whoah where did all these people come from, we never expected this!

to be honest no one seems to be sticking up for Rangers fans, apart from Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, where's Rangers In this?...

It's between Sheffield Wed and the local police to organise it nothing to do with Rangers.

Everything mentioned about this womans agenda and the police treating us like we are going cause trouble isn't supposed to be public knowledge and isn't even official it's from the internet.

The simple fact is that English local police chiefs talk to Strathclyde chiefs (who over-police football fixtures at Ibrox and beyond) and they straight-up decide it's better if Rangers, nor another Glasgow team, don't come and play in their town/city.

I had a conversation with a director of my local team, Morecambe FC, last season - who is a regular guest in the director's box at Ibrox and has suggested the idea of a friendly between the clubs in recent years, to no avail - but he told me that the Lancashire police would never allow Rangers to play in Morecambe.

Remember when Cumbria police cancelled the tims visit to Carlisle? It was nothing to do with Rangers fans returning from down south, it was purely because they don't want Rangers, nor them, coming to town. You shoulda seen Carlisle when Leeds and Millwall came to town for League 1 fixtures! Frogmarched from the train station to Brunton Park.

This is all caused by Strathclyde Police over policing football games at Ibrox, intimidating supporters, and causing more public order offences than they prevent. The other forces in England see this, and think it is the fans who are to blame.

The recent testaments from Bristol, prove those police forces wrong.

after Hillsborough anyone who believes anything a copper says is a pure twat

after Hillsborough anyone who believes anything a copper says is a pure twat

After Adam (he of the apple-munching fame) anyone who believes anything a cop says is needing a reality check.

Whether this is Internet waffle or not, it's a "friendly" and should be treated as such by the South Yorkshire Bacon-Boys.

Well I haven't got a ticket, and unless I'm extremely lucky I'm not going to get one. Still going to the Jubilee club for a few beers though. If they wanna treat me like some kind of invading menace, I'll politely point out that this is my town, I was born here and I live here,

I guarantee that a lot more than 6000 lads will be wanting to get in, all that restricting ticket sales is going to do is result in pissed up fans wandering round here there and everywhere. Not that that in itself is a bad thing, but I don't think it's the situation that the police want to create.

Police have really dropped a bollock on this one, and both Bears fans and SWFC are paying for it, whether by missing out on a decent match, or by selling (I think someone said elsewhere) 10,000 total tickets in a 40,000 seater stadium.

What a total clusterfuck.

In other news, South Yorkshire Police are going to struggle even more when their budget is cut further in 2015.

Is this really the best use of police resources and funding?

So what are the lads who are coming without tickets going to do?

If SWFC was prepared to sell tickets at the gate then those tickets will already have been printed and assigned to seats, the tickets might already be sitting in a big shiny box somewhere.

Maybe SYP will see thousands of Bears wandering round outside the ground with nothing to do and let em in? Who knows.

Pubs in the area will be heaving though. Hillsborough is a few miles outside the city proper, so you're going to have thousands of lads spread loosely in an area including Hillsborough, the town center (where the train station is) and everywhere in between. If you don't give our lads a reason to actually get to Hillsborough, a lot of us are going to end up milling around in the city itself. Denying OTG tickets seems more like a bullheaded decision born of emotion, not of professional and situational concerns.

Now previous friendlies have passed off fantastically, and I reckon this one will too, there's no bad blood between the teams, so I ask again, why are SYP determined to score an own goal?

Strange that Lancashire police let us play in Blackpool as well. Strange bunch are the police.

I spoke to the Lancashire Chief Inspector at the time in charge of policing for the match and he couldnt be more welcoming, had good things to say about our fans after they spent time in Blackpool in the lead up to the UEFA Cup Final, he had some restrictions but worked with the club and I thought the Blackpool friendly overall was very good.

Half the time they dont realise that over-policing can often incite trouble.

You don't want a prison camp atmosphere, that's for sure.

What are they going to do with fans who are not attending the match? Presumably they're not going to interfere with them in any way?

The bears are coming to town :crabflute:

That looks like a creeper from Minecraft crossed with a lobster.

It's very musical and quite cute, but what is it? :P