Ratings today

think everyone's being harsh on Black. He was far more effective than Macleod for most of the game.

No he wasn't. For most of the game he gave the ball away from poor passing and squandered forward positions from his lack of movement off the ball. Against better teams he would have been a liability that would have seen the game lost. Lewis on the other hand had a poor game by his own standards, but he was learning to play on the left and still rarely lost the team possession, awkward as he sometimes looked in a new position.

A good all round team performance. Law had a fantastic effect on the team. It was not just the quality of his goals, but his work rate and commitment to making something happen every time he got the ball. Very pleased for Ally McCoist and his team.

think everyone's being harsh on Black. He was far more effective than Macleod for most of the game.

Agreed, Black did his job well. Yes, he may have given the ball away a couple of times but he saw a huge amount of the ball because of where he was playing. Macleod was poor today as was Crawford. Macleod looked awkward and unsure but can forgive it as an off day.

I'm pretty sure Crawford isn't a footballer. A very good athlete but rubbish while using a football, don't rate him.

SG - 6

KM -6

SF-6

LM -6

LW-7

IB -6

LM -6

NL -8

RC -5

AL -5

JD -6

A professional performance laced with some sublime goals, I would still like to see us press the game more as our fitness has improved without question compared to last season.

Kyle MacAusland improved as the game progressed but feel his long term future will be as a central defender.

All in all a promising start with another clean sheet( which was pretty rare last season) and just as important imo as the goals we scored today

Gallagher - 6

McAusland - 6

Faure - 6

McCulloch - 6

Wallace - 8

Black - 6

Crawford - 5

Macleod - 6

Law - 9

Daly - 7

Little - 6

Defence with 6's just because they had very little to do, looked solid enough though. Crawford had a poor game and Macleod was quieter than usual, but Law and Daly were excellent and thought Little played fairly well, minus the finishing. Looking good for this season.

No he wasn't. For most of the game he gave the ball away from poor passing and squandered forward positions from his lack of movement off the ball. Against better teams he would have been a liability that would have seen the game lost. Lewis on the other hand had a poor game by his own standards, but he was learning to play on the left and still rarely lost the team possession, awkward as he sometimes looked in a new position.

I think you should learn to watch a game more objectively. I agree what you say about Lewis Macleod, but complete and utter rubbish about Ian Black.

Id go;

Gallagher. -7

Macusland - 7

Faure. - 6

Jig. - 6

Wallace. - 8

Black. - 5(6) for his goal

Crawford. - 6

Macleod. - 6

Law. - 8

Daly. - 7

Little. - 6

This but Law a 9, he was the stand out player for me. He looked up for it from the get go, covered a lot of ground and scored. Hope he continues like that.

I really enjoyed watching us today. It's been a while since I've been able to honestly say that. More of the same please Gers.

4 fantastic goals.

Law, Daly, Black & Wallace top men for me.

Interesting to see guys like Law & Daly looking for the younger lads to try to bring them into the game.

Crawford & McAusland were on my side of the pitch 2nd half & it was good to see how both grew into the game.

Looks to be a good spirit among the squad.

Onwards & upwards!

This but Law a 9, he was the stand out player for me. He looked up for it from the get go, covered a lot of ground and scored. Hope he continues like that.

I really enjoyed watching us today. It's been a while since I've been able to honestly say that. More of the same please Gers.

Agree with what you say about Law.

I also thought he looked delighted to be playing for us.

Think he's going to be the main man for us this year!

Really enjoyed the performance. Very promising and nice to see the younger players playing with renewed confidence.

Nicky Law was a different class. Not bad for a triallist.

Gallacher 6

McAusland 7

Faure 6

McCulloch 7

Wallace 7

Black 6

LAW 9

MacLeod 6

Crawford 6

Daly 6 (Thought he did well but some of the priase a tad over exaggerated. Will do a job I feel.)

Little 6

Subs:-

Templeton 7

Aird NR

P.S. Is Mitchell injured?

.more or less the same except I'd give McLeod a 5 .Thought it was he who gave the ball away all the time .Counted 5times in space of 20mins .Daly worked very hard and without doubt Law was standout .

Have to agree with you there. Black was relaxed, for once, and strolled through the game. He took time to make the right decisions and his goal was top drawer. I have to add that his confidence grew as the defence kept a grip on the game. Law was a revelation and worked incredibly hard, fetching and carrying as well as slotting away two great goals. His performance reminded me of Stuart McColl and that's no small praise for the lad. The bar's been set high today but I've no fears for us this season.

Thanks for that Ally!!

I'm glad for Black he's getting a wee bit of recognition on this thread.

Admittedly he was pretty poor last season , but so were many others that didn't get the attention he got.

A year is a long time in football. We've had many great players that have taken a year or so to settle. ie Hateley, even Ally ! it would be a shame if he's going to be judged on last year and not what he does from now on.

Agreed, Black did his job well. Yes, he may have given the ball away a couple of times but he saw a huge amount of the ball because of where he was playing. Macleod was poor today as was Crawford. Macleod looked awkward and unsure but can forgive it as an off day.

I'm pretty sure Crawford isn't a footballer. A very good athlete but rubbish while using a football, don't rate him.

I agree with most of the above, what people are missing is that as the holding midfield (on his own) he will be put under constant pressure and he did that well, his control allows the others to score, and the whole team seem to have the confidence in him in this role, they are free to go forward and his tenacity and determination saw him produce his excellent goal. He did loose rhe ball 4 times in the first half, I have watched the game over again and as did others, he improved as the game progressed, he is an asset to the team whether we like it or not, lets face it his past is never going to go away, but actual supporters of our club will see this, I did not like him before he came to us but this n itself tells me something, he was a name I looked for on the programmes when we played Hearts and I recognised his threat then, he is now my threat he is a Rangers player and I will support him as ling as he is, and when he leaves as they all do I hope it is with the same dignity he left Hearts with, he plays for the team, he is not an individual as some still are, he will do for me.

No Surrender Ian Black, oh and hand on heart (Rangers Badge) sealed it for me.

I thought Black was very poor in the first half; lost possession with poor passing too often,is still finding it hard to take possession of the ball without having to stop which breaks down flowing moves.He did improve after McLeod was subbed and he took his goal well when he took the pass in his stride without stopping. But PLEASE, PLEASE keep him away from free kicks; like all of last season the little touch to the side only ensures that the opposition end up a couple of yards away to block any shot--- will he ever learn??????

Correct, goal aside, Black was pretty much fucking awful