Rangers take Republic of Ireland youngster Sam Kelly on trial

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're fast losing our identity,,, shame :(

Why? Because we don't place religion or nationality ahead of footballing ability when selecting players?

If he is good enough give him the famous blue jersey to wear.

The guy, just like everyone else knows full well what Rangers and our fans are all about.

Why? Because we don't place religion or nationality ahead of footballing ability when selecting players?

If he is good enough give him the famous blue jersey to wear.

The guy, just like everyone else knows full well what Rangers and our fans are all about.

it doesn't sit right with me, fine one or two but its getting silly now. I draw comparison to Athletic Bilbao who are respected around the world for only fielding basque players, they are a true reflection of their people and region, it would be a crying shame for that great club to start signing players from different backgrounds as it would turn them into just another club... I know we sign all sorts and that's fine with me but until recently at least we kept well away from signing players from the r.o.i now all of a sudden theirs 3 ... Fucking bollocks if u ask me, when does it stop? our favourite songs have been banned, now we have to sit back ( quietly or else we'd get in trouble ) and support a bunch of players we can't relate to in anyway...... :lol: ill read that back in morning and think, what a twat! Now to Facebook were ill post something equally as cringe worthy :)

it doesn't sit right with me, fine one or two but its getting silly now. I draw comparison to Athletic Bilbao who are respected around the world for only fielding basque players, they are a true reflection of their people and region, it would be a crying shame for that great club to start signing players from different backgrounds as it would turn them into just another club... I know we sign all sorts and that's fine with me but until recently at least we kept well away from signing players from the r.o.i now all of a sudden theirs 3 ... Fucking bollocks if u ask me, when does it stop? our favourite songs have been banned, now we have to sit back ( quietly or else we'd get in trouble ) and support a bunch of players we can't relate to in anyway...... :lol: ill read that back in morning and think, what a twat! Now to Facebook were ill post something equally as cringe worthy :)

I kinda get where you are coming from, but show me a professional football team now that accurately reflects their current/local fanbase. Those days are sadly long gone mate. It's all about the money now.

I kinda get where you are coming from, but show me a professional football team now that accurately reflects their current/local fanbase. Those days are sadly long gone mate. It's all about the money now.

He did. Athletic Bilbao...

<cr>

Couldn't give a fuck where he's from, or what religious background he has. If he does the business for my team, that's all I care about. Embarrassing in here.

So if he's someone that's maybe grew up a bitter taig and spent his life hating Rangers what our clubs about and our country then it's embarrassing to be wary of signing players like that? no saying everyone from there is but I'd hope we'd done our homework on him

So if he's someone that's maybe grew up a bitter taig and spent his life hating Rangers what our clubs about and our country then it's embarrassing to be wary of signing players like that? no saying everyone from there is but I'd hope we'd done our homework on him

My view on that is if he was like that, would he accept the trial? You have perfectly described Neil Lennon, do you think he would have ever signed for Rangers? My answer to both those questions is, no chance.

He did. Athletic Bilbao...

<cr>

Point taken, but they haven't won anything meaningful in almost thirty years.

Would you be happy not winning trophies and championships as long as all our team were of the same ilk?

Like I said the fans know what Rangers are all about, it's in our hearts and always will be. The religion/nationality of whoever scores the goal that wins the next game for us does not matter to me.

My view on that is if he was like that, would he accept the trial? You have perfectly described Neil Lennon, do you think he would have ever signed for Rangers? My answer to both those questions is, no chance.

Money and the chance to win trophies with Rangers is a massive draw for a lot of players, especially ones without a contract/team.

I'd sign for Celtic if I got offered a few grand a week and I hate them.