Nicky Clark

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy pleasing some folk.

It was a well taken goal but that doesn't excuse poor performances more often than not.

It's not just his goal though mate. EVERY aspect of his game improved tonight. Hopefully he's learned from all his poor performances. That goal coupled with his showing should give him a platform to keep improving!

It's not just his goal though mate. EVERY aspect of his game improved tonight. Hopefully he's learned from all his poor performances. That goal coupled with his showing should give him a platform to keep improving!

Hopefully.

The best I think he's ever played over a short period was earlier in the season when him and Boyd played together a few times.

Then he struggled partly because Ally kept changing the strikers and he was in and out.

But he's been here for 2 years now playing lower leagues and struggled so I don't see him improving that much that he'd be a good player in the top league.

He's only 23 so he is still learning. I'm sure he's learning from Kenny Miller. I think both players have more in common than some may think.

Hopefully.

The best I think he's ever played over a short period was earlier in the season when him and Boyd played together a few times.

Then he struggled partly because Ally kept changing the strikers and he was in and out.

But he's been here for 2 years now playing lower leagues and struggled so I don't see him improving that much that he'd be a good player in the top league.

I definitely saw an air of a player who thought he'd made it at Rangers just for signing for us. Not saying he wasn't trying, but just looked like he thought that he didn't need to give that extra effort to improve.

I think it's fair comment that, after the stick he got on Sunday, he raised his game right from the off, the fans responded to that and...well we all know what happened after that!

He's only 23 so he is still learning. I'm sure he's learning from Kenny Miller. I think both players have more in common than some may think.

Yes. As I said above, I think he needs to realise that he can be better, as much as anything. Miller will definitely benefit his game...no doubts about that!

He did well tonight and took his goal well.

However, if many poor games don't make him a bad player (according to some) then 1 good game doesn't make him a great player.

In saying that though I was really happy for him but also for the team, what a time to get the breakthrough.

Seen a few say he is worse than Foster who was excellent last night. To be fair to Clark, he was never given much of a chance under the previous management, much like other young players and some not so young players. It had to have a major impact on the lad's confidence, which I assume with him being a striker, would fuck, in a rather major way, with his mojo.

McCall shows faith in Shiels, Murdoch, Zaliukus, McGregor, Clark amongst other youngsters being introduced and we suddenly start playing well. Whilst McCall's tactics and experience have had some impact you cannot help but wonder what on earth the previous muppets running the team were thinking.