Nicky Clark

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's only 23 so has a bit of time to improve on that

Not an excuse if you ask me.

Boyd signed at 22 in 2006 3 days later got a hat trick against Peterhead, then went on to score 20 goals in 17 starts.

I backed Clark, mainly because I could see he was trying, but he's had his run and if he can't score against championship opposition then I can't see him faring any better if we get up next year. Sometimes a striker can be forgiven if they aren't great in all areas so long as they can put the ball in the back of the net. We need a clinical striker and Clark isn't the man for the job.

Hopefully he'll make me eat my words with a hat trick tomorrow night.

Not an excuse if you ask me.

Boyd signed at 22 in 2006 3 days later got a hat trick against Peterhead, then went on to score 20 goals in 17 starts.

How many goals has Boyd scored this season?

41 goals in one season.

25 for the rest of his career to date.

The epitome of a one season wonder.

Clark's only 23. He's got a 40+ goal season under his belt and McCoist never gave him a chance. Did he even play in the leagues at 18 and 19?

Kenny Miller had one season in which he was prolific at goal-scoring. The rest of his career the guy couldn't buy a fucking goal.

Where's the critisism of Boyd and Miller who many said would score 50 goals this season?

How many goals has Boyd scored this season?

the comparison I made was when they were a similar age. Boyd has only himself to blame this year, he admitted himself he has been poor.

Overall Boyd has scored 249 goals in 527 games. Had he stayed with us rather than go to boro it would no doubt have been higher.

All strikers can have purple patches and then barren spells but the arguement with Clark is that he's not scored double digits in a season other than that wonder season. Boyd consistently scored despite being poor in other areas.

clark reminds me of sebo which is fine and well if others in the front line are scoring but the truth is that neither Miller nor Clark are doing it. Millers excuse is his age, what's clarks?

Where's the critisism of Boyd and Miller who many said would score 50 goals this season?

You surely can't be serious.....theres one about Boyd right now.

Bottom line is we've been piss poor up front this year, hence Nicky law as our top goal scorer. No one can hide from that.

the comparison I made was when they were a similar age. Boyd has only himself to blame this year, he admitted himself he has been poor.

Overall Boyd has scored 249 goals in 527 games. Had he stayed with us rather than go to boro it would no doubt have been higher.

All strikers can have purple patches and then barren spells but the arguement with Clark is that he's not scored double digits in a season other than that wonder season. Boyd consistently scored despite being poor in other areas.

clark reminds me of sebo which is fine and well if others in the front line are scoring but the truth is that neither Miller nor Clark are doing it. Millers excuse is his age, what's clarks?

Boyd was part of a good team who created him chances. If Clark was part of those sides he would be scoring more. It's not really a fair comparison.

Boyd was part of a good team who created him chances. If Clark was part of those sides he would be scoring more. It's not really a fair comparison.

Not really a fair comparison I agree, however would the Boyd of 2006 scored that chance against qots on Sunday? I'd like to think that he would. Clark has missed too many easy chances now.

As for creating chances there were a good few created on Sunday, although vuckics pass that went behind Clark was what led to that move breaking down.

Clark frustrates me in that he gets into decent positions and whether he gets nervous, is trying too hard or just isn't good enough he tends to crack and can't find the net.

I want any player who tries that hard to succeed, just like with Sebo but sometimes you've got to see things as they are. Fair play to you for sticking up for him, if he turns out a success then qudos yo you but I think most feel he's just not going to cut it.

Last time I criticised him he went on a decent run.

Don't have much hope for him long term. Would like to see Ryan Hardier given more chance but can't see it happening considering the importance of the tie

Are you joking?

There's been a thread on Boyd today that's mainly full of posts where people are saying they can't wait to get shot of him and the one about Miller getting a new deal is full of people criticising that decision :lol:

Most clubs will always have room for a hard working striker who doesn't score that many goals. He's obviously not good enough to be a starter in an SPL winning Rangers squad but is anyone telling me we're going to go out and buy 4 strikers who will relegate him to 5th choice?

His touch is absolutely abysmal. He tries hard but he's not good enough, sadly. I'm not really that fussed about critcising too much though.

He was the kind of signing we should have been trying to make, low cost and theoretically proven, making it far less of a gamble than these kind of deals can be.

It hasn't worked out, he's not good enough but it was a signing worth making for what his record the previous season suggested *might* happen.

So where's all the Nicky knockers now

Mate, don't have a go at the Rangers fans for rightly showing displeasure towards a player who was under performing. Getting dogs abuse when you're playing shite and coming back with two fingers in the air is how the likes of McCoist, Hateley, Cooper, and even Laudrup ffs, went about it. It'll either mould you into a great player or show you aint good enough for us!

That said, the wee man did us fucking proud tonight. Right from the off he was up for it, in their faces, making great runs, anticipated chances, making great tackles, running his fucking cunt off for the cause. Really really proud for the wee man tonight.......finished off a fucking great move!!!! More of the same wee man and you'll have me eating my fucking words thankfully!!! :praise::praise: