• No
    • Maybe, explain in thread
    • Expected Better, King must find his wallet

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta be a firm maybe at this time.

A couple of cheap signings are hardly setting the heather alight. It's not like we had stiff opposition for either.

However, having said that, it's all a big unknown at the moment. We have a new manager who has to build a new team. We've had lots of talk so we can only hope he walks the walk. If he is as good as he sounds, then these players may well be part of a successful side, but we won't know that til we see who else comes in and then see them in action.

I don't think its a good idea to do all of the spending next season. We need to start building now and can't afford one team for the championship and another for the premiership. We want a settled core for next season to which we can add a few players to strengthen when necessary.

People are dreaming if they expect a blue chip signing. Those days are long gone and quite right we need to learn to live within our means. TBH I think a lot of kings money will need to be spent on the infrastructure of the club outside of the playing staff.

Scott Allan will be the big one for me, wont be happy if he signs for Celtic. He is a player we could and should have got for free last year but hey after his performances in the championship i dont think it would be money wasted. I'd test the water with a 250k bid and see what happens.

Gotta be a firm maybe at this time.

A couple of cheap signings are hardly setting the heather alight. It's not like we had stiff opposition for either.

However, having said that, it's all a big unknown at the moment. We have a new manager who has to build a new team. We've had lots of talk so we can only hope he walks the walk. If he is as good as he sounds, then these players may well be part of a successful side, but we won't know that til we see who else comes in and then see them in action.

I don't think its a good idea to do all of the spending next season. We need to start building now and can't afford one team for the championship and another for the premiership. We want a settled core for next season to which we can add a few players to strengthen when necessary.

Good post, one of your more sensible posts i may add :)

I think it will take a good 4 or 5 games into the season before we see the team playing well, don't really expect to see instant success.

Its a big job.

4 or 5 games is instant success. It's time to give the manager all the time he wants. Out club is a mess.

I'm sure you can actually pass a medical when you are injured IIRC.

Yeah you can, I'd say a deal would be on the table "in principle." It'll be up to Eustace to make his mind up.

Anyone that believed King's fairies and potless-Paul's promises may be underwhelmed by our rebuilding.

I look at us and say;

Warburton and Weir is a superb appointment considering they were up and comming in the English leagues, came close to back to back promotions with Brentford, narrowly missed out on being in a different financial bracket to us altogether and whom managed to get brilliant players for not a lot of money while making money in the process.

Wilson - Wanted by English clubs and Celtic. First team and captain of the side who won this division at a canter 2 places ahead of us, partnered Weir in his first stint and was good enough then. Having secured promotion with Hearts to the top flight he is stepping down a level to join us.

Keirnan - Rated at the clubs he's been at for any length of time this former U-21's Irish captain has been hampered by injury not ability. A Championship player who was being signed by Birmingham is dropping a level to join us. Several clubs fans wonder what could have been regarding him for them and with his serious injury now fading behind him he's really a cracking signature all things considered.

Eustace - Derby walked over the top of us last year and he was on the bench, Derby do better with him in the team. With over a decade of English football in him this Captain defies age to be both a good player and someone his teammates seem to gain impetus and victory from. Once again he is dropping a level to join us (assuming he's signing). He brings valuable experience to the side with a host of midfield traits we simply didn't have last season.

I don't really see how anyone could argue that they are not improving us while representing value for a club of our size in the second tier of Scottish football having just suffered humiliation of the Ally era and the cash problems.

It doesn't get King and Paul off the hook for the shit they've said and done to get where they are, but I think we've went about football the right way. They'll be held to their patter when the club needs money spent at the top of the top flight.

Absolute fucking quality post. Personally, I believe our new dynamic duo in the dugout will have to perform miracles on a shoestring as, and I'm not being a negative cunt. , but I don't trust king and murray.we should have paid ashley his 5 mill and.told him fuck off, instead we are being asked to dig deeper In the pockets again, from the very man who told us to starve Rangers of money last season.

Fuck sake Davie, show every bear your money and let us no.fear the worst for a wee while at least.

No Surrender

Rab

I'm quite pleased with the signings tbh. Captain of Hearts who knows the club well and if Eustace signs then he will be the 2nd player that's turned down offers from the English Championship to come to us. When was the last time that happened?

It seems we have a manager that can actually attract players to the club now.

Not too confident with him now, he has went back down south after being shown round ibrox and murray park, i guess he has other offers ?

Will be on silly wages probably even the average players down there get good money.

Wilson is proven at this level, Eustace was consistent in the championship over many seasons (a higher level than the SPL), don't know much about Kiernan but he was wanted by several championship clubs so again that means something.

The likes of Sebo, Sionko and Svensson weren't good enough to play for a team challenging for the SPL... our current signings will be good enough to form part of a team that should win the league comfortably.

It's not just about being 'technically' good enough to play in the Scottish Championship, which I am more than sure they are. It's more about having the 'mentality' to play at a club like Rangers, where expectations and pressure are going to be like nothing they have ever experienced.

Can't find the article but I'm sure I read somewhere he was on around 14k a week with a few bonuses included as well. Not sure how accurate that is but wouldn't be at all surprised.

We shouldn't be paying those kind of wages unless the player is real quality. The wages are mental now down in England.