Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

You're not a real fan until you're banned from the stadium for life despite being innocent. Poor guy. He's pyoor persecuted by the club. There's another set of fans who go on about being persecuted in this country...

I don't hold it against the club, They could and should have handled it better but it was Police Scotland acting under an ill thought-out piece of legislation aimed at persecuting guys like myself for no reason other than to curry flavour with voters and score cheap political points.

That post of yours is pretty shameful considering you don't know the amount of things I've done to help Rangers fans over the years when it comes to tickets and arranging trips. You sound delighted that an innocent fan has been persecuted.

I don't hold it against the club, They could and should have handled it better but it was Police Scotland acting under an ill thought-out piece of legislation aimed at persecuting guys like myself for no reason other than to curry flavour with voters and score cheap political points.

That post of yours is pretty shameful considering you don't know the amount of things I've done to help Rangers fans over the years when it comes to tickets and arranging trips. You sound delighted that an innocent fan has been persecuted.

I hope you're appealing the decision!

I hate the SNP and all their anti Protestant laws.

Before anyone jumps in with the paranoia comments this is a fact. The law jails Rangers fans whilst slapping Celtic fans on the wrist with a paltry 6 month football ban for doing much more than singing a song.

As I said before I don't agree with either side being punished for singing a song but unfortunately we are lumbered with this stupid law and it should be consistent punishment for both sides

Well said.

The thuggishness of the Yes campaign and the way they tried to demonize any Yes voter as a traitor and somehow less Scottish has opened up a gap that will be there for a generation at least.

Such narrow and malignant views have been seen in political movements time and time again, history testifies to this. History also does not judge such movements favourably.

I don't feel any less Scottish than I ever did but I feel that the Scotland I knew and grew up in no longer exists.

If I'm being honest I believe that eventually they will get their way by continuing to prey on the young and inexperienced with their unsubstantiated rhetoric and it's only a matter of time before the older voters who made up a significant part of the 55% are replaced by youngsters who vote for a flawed ideal rather than with any firm grasp of reality.

Then the Scotland I knew will have truly died.

"Flawed ideal" getting shafted from Westminster is flawed independence isn't.

Just because because it's out of the box thinking and out of a lot of people's comfort zone doesn't mean it's not a reality. I agree though the youth will see this through - if the pig fucker can't keep hold of Scotland's millions.

Was refraining from posting on here due to it being a football post but once again to many fans associate politics with football

Nice way to twist things. I never said anything like that. I said I can't get my head around it putting YES politics before Rangers or supporting Scotland after everything that's happened to us.

You know fine well what me and others mean when we say that but because you don't have a reasoned response you resort to making stuff up.

Did you also miss the part when I said I got a not guilty in court and am the victim of unfair persecution with the ban? just going to ignore that and use it against me to attempt to score cheap points. Not like YES sympathizers to go down that route is it :lol:

Except I completely disagreed with the yes campaign, and the point I was making is that you have no right to moralise on other fans views when you are not even allowed to attend home games. You might have been found not guilty, but the club don't hand out bans for fuck all.

Police Scotland never banned you from Ibrox.

Rangers did.

The only persecution is from the club.

I don't understand this question...

Yes. It's fairly obvious.

What was the number of the post on here that Eagle said what you claimed. Just want to see it for myself.

I'm also waiting on Broadfoot'sCreepyGrin showing me where I said it, too.

and you've a cheek accusing me of trolling - that seems to be all you do with your shit gif's

You may not like me or agree with anything I say, but I'm honest. I've no need to troll because I just say what's on my mind.

I gave you one reason. And a very fucking good reason at that. Wanting a national minimum wage that raises in line with inflation is not ridiculous. But it doesn't surprise me that you think this. You've already exhibited to me that you must be missing a chromosome or two.

Do you understand the economy at all ?

Westminster is responsible for setting the minimum wage. The lowest wage an employer can legally pay. Why are you not understanding this?

Yes, it was part of their plan. Well that's what happens when your government lets large corporations run riot and call the shots. But you're obviously cool with that.

WoW !

Tommy "shagger" Sheridan has a log in for Rangers Media.

Solidarity Brother :clap:

As an aside, what happens when we run out of every other cunts money ?

Well be that as it may, many of the times I've gotten into debates with people about the referendum it's been against mindless idiots who spout shite with no foundation. And that's not to say there weren't plenty of muppets like that from the Yes side as well. If you were knowledgeable on the pros and cons and still felt no was the best choice then that's your prerogative. I'm not on here to debate politics with people. I was annoyed at a comment about people who voted yes not being allowed at games. My choice wasn't made through a hatred for the Union or the English. I just though it best suited what I wanted. I shouldn't have to explain my support for Rangers simply because I have a differing political view from a (supposed) majority of fans. I pay my way into games. I used to buy merchandise (pre-Ashley), I pay monthly to Rangers First. I have shares in Rangers. So I'm perfectly justified to support my team if I fucking please.

You are at it.

Except I completely disagreed with the yes campaign, and the point I was making is that you have no right to moralise on other fans views when you are not even allowed to attend home games. You might have been found not guilty, but the club don't hand out bans for fuck all.

I am entitled to an opinion no matter if you like it or not. All I ask is you try and not twist what I said.

The club made the decision they did because they sent me a letter asking me to come in and see them, was away on holiday and came back ten days later - they claimed I was ignoring the letters so took the decision to issue a lifetime ban regardless of the outcome of the trial which ended up not guilty.

As I said the club could have handled it better. It doesn't stop there as there's more complexities that I am not going to go into due to the nature of a public message board but there's been knock-on effect's from it but I am giving you a general insight as to why I think what I do.

Bit frustrating to see yourself and The Dude gloating at a good Bear getting banned unfairly for something he didn't do to attempt to justify the SNP's bill but I've came to expect that from a couple of quite twisted people on here the past couple of weeks.

Police Scotland never banned you from Ibrox.

Rangers did.

The only persecution is from the club.

Again it if wasn't for Police Scotland and the stupid reformed bill from the SNP then I wouldn't have been in a position for the club to take the action they did. What's so hard to accept about that?

Again it if wasn't for Police Scotland and the stupid reformed bill from the SNP then I wouldn't have been in a position for the club to take the action they did. What's so hard to accept about that?

As unbelievable as this may seem I actually agree with you.

It's disgusting what has happened to you and how another supporter can enjoy one of our own being treated like this is shocking.

I am entitled to an opinion no matter if you like it or not. All I ask is you try and not twist what I said.

The club made the decision they did because they sent me a letter asking me to come in and see them, was away on holiday and came back ten days later - they claimed I was ignoring the letters so took the decision to issue a lifetime ban regardless of the outcome of the trial which ended up not guilty.

As I said the club could have handled it better. It doesn't stop there as there's more complexities that I am not going to go into due to the nature of a public message board but there's been knock-on effect's from it but I am giving you a general insight as to why I think what I do.

Bit frustrating to see yourself and The Dude gloating at a good Bear getting banned unfairly for something he didn't do to attempt to justify the SNP's bill but I've came to expect that from a couple of quite twisted people on here the past couple of weeks.

I never gloated about you getting banned, and personally I think the bill is a crock of shite. I was saying how it's unfair to criticise other fans for a certain view while in your current situation.

I never gloated about you getting banned, and personally I think the bill is a crock of shite. I was saying how it's unfair to criticise other fans for a certain view while in your current situation.

I gave (what I feel are) perfectly good and constructive reasons to my views on Rangers fans that support Scotland and put YES/SNP type policies before Rangers - my current situation is no fault of my own so that shouldn't prohibit me from expressing my opinions even if they don't sit well with some of you.

What was the number of the post on here that Eagle said what you claimed. Just want to see it for myself.

I'm also waiting on Broadfoot'sCreepyGrin showing me where I said it, too.

and you've a cheek accusing me of trolling - that seems to be all you do with your shit gif's

You may not like me or agree with anything I say, but I'm honest. I've no need to troll because I just say what's on my mind.

Post #45, not to mention the fact you voted yes in the poll to the question "Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland?"

You likely would have been. It would have simply been a different law you were accused of breaking (ie Botp or religiously aggravated botp). What's so hard to accept about that?

Post #45, not to mention the fact you voted yes in the poll to the question "Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland?"

Thinking less of them and saying they shouldn't support Rangers are two totally different things.

As unbelievable as this may seem I actually agree with you.

It's disgusting what has happened to you and how another supporter can enjoy one of our own being treated like this is shocking.

It's just shocking how the club have treated one of its supporters. Absolutely disgusting.

You likely would have been. It would have simply been a different law you were accused of breaking (ie Botp or religiously aggravated botp). What's so hard to accept about that?

Your just not getting it.

I was told specifically that it was the SNP's bill that was the cause of my problems. From the people who know.

I do take your point that people still got arrested at football matches before the SNP came into power with this legislation but this is 100% specific to me.

It's just shocking how the club have treated one of its supporters. Absolutely disgusting.

I know you are being sarcastic but Rangers didn't cover themself in glory at all but it all stemmed from the one thing - which you refuse to acknowledge.

Your just not getting it.

I was told specifically that it was the SNP's bill that was the cause of my problems. From the people who know.

I do take your point that people still got arrested at football matches before the SNP came into power with this legislation but this is 100% specific to me.

So it's YOU that's getting persecuted now not Rangers/football fans?

Couldn't give a fuck about the SFA works team and I truly hate that hideous, chip on shoulder flower of scotland shite.

International fitba also irritates the fuck out of me because it stops the games I'm passionate about. Pish, basically.

Other Rangers fans can do their own thing - I'm doing mine.