Fans Groups

Bluefarm

There appears to be nothing more divisive within the Rangers support ( Online ) than fans groups and individuals. However, In my opinion, many of these groups do more good than bad. Now, without anyone getting personal or aiming abuse at individuals, it would be interesting to read what most Bears think and want from these groups.

Which supporters group do you think represents how you feel and think?

Should the club be engaging more with fans, other than those they are friendly with?

Should fans groups be disbanded and we allow the club to do what they think is best?

Should we have one group who deals directly with media lies and smears regarding our support?

Has any Rangers board ever listened to what the fans think or say?

As I said above, please don't get bogged down in abuse and confrontation, just say constructively who you feel represents the Rangers supporters best and how we can improve any fans to club communication.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I'd say Vanguard Bears - they weigh up all information before making a decision and don't blindly follow. Plus they are supportive of Loyalist interests and the cultural elements that go hand in hand with being a Rangers supporter.

2. Yes - time for this board to stop only engaging with those who did their bidding for them. Try and bring some of the more sceptical fans on board.

3. Fans groups will always exist and be needed in some form. As much stick as they get ibrox would be silent if it wasn't for Union Bears

4. Possibly, but who would decide this and would those not chosen be able to refrain from bitching and moaning.

5. No. And it doesn't look like changing any time soon.

I've said it god knows how many times, but don't think things will ever change. If the Rangers support spoke with one unified voice, we would be an unstoppable force. Speaking as one against lies and smears in the media, electing Rangers supporting politicians to positions of power and demonstrating against the injustices our club has faced.

1. I'd say Vanguard Bears - they weigh up all information before making a decision and don't blindly follow. Plus they are supportive of Loyalist interests and the cultural elements that go hand in hand with being a Rangers supporter.

2. Yes - time for this board to stop only engaging with those who did their bidding for them. Try and bring some of the more sceptical fans on board.

3. Fans groups will always exist and be needed in some form. As much stick as they get ibrox would be silent if it wasn't for Union Bears

4. Possibly, but who would decide this and would those not chosen be able to refrain from bitching and moaning.

All of the above seconded.

The problem with too many fans group is you don't know who to give your money to

Where do we buy our Xmas presents?

The UB stall, the RST stall, the SOS stall, the Gallant Pioneers stall, any of the vast array of scarf sellers etc etc etc?

All that cash going into apparently unaccountable pockets which could actually be going to the club if they got their shit together

Vb but more to do with the loyalist side for me. Like every other group I don't agree with them on other things

The Rfb should be the main point of contact between board and fans

We should have one fan group under the RFB

No probably not

There appears to be nothing more divisive within the Rangers support ( Online ) than fans groups and individuals. However, In my opinion, many of these groups do more good than bad. Now, without anyone getting personal or aiming abuse at individuals, it would be interesting to read what most Bears think and want from these groups.

Which supporters group do you think represents how you feel and think?

Should the club be engaging more with fans, other than those they are friendly with?

Should fans groups be disbanded and we allow the club to do what they think is best?

Should we have one group who deals directly with media lies and smears regarding our support?

Has any Rangers board ever listened to what the fans think or say?

As I said above, please don't get bogged down in abuse and confrontation, just say constructively who you feel represents the Rangers supporters best and how we can improve any fans to club communication.

None of them.

yes

yes, and that group shoule be formed from a brod selection of fans.

no

Vb but more to do with the loyalist side for me. Like every other group I don't agree with them on other things

The Rfb should be the main point of contact between board and fans

We should have one fan group under the RFB

No probably not

(tu) all of this.

Some of the most memorable nights atmosphere wise took place before most of the Union Bears were even born so this whole 'Ibrox would be silent without the Union Bears' idea is nonsense.

1. If I had to choose one it would be Vanguard Bears, its the only group id consider joining but I doubt id join any group. But they seem focused on actually tackling the real issues affecting the Club and the fans and not personal gain unlike most of the other groups and their leaders.

2. The Club should engage with all fans. Primarily RSCs, I believe Rangers Supporters Clubs should be the main point of contact between the Club and the fans. RSCs are registered, official and have people that actually attend games. I know there are plenty of fans who cant go to game but I think the Club should be focused on its actual customers. Most RSCs dont have any particular view on any issue, my RSC for example puts almost everything down to a Members Vote and thats how it should be. People should be given a vote on Club issues via their RSCs input and not because they give money to one random group that pops up or the other. Anyone could start a fans group claiming to be the voice of the fans but it is the RSCs who are actually putting the work in to get fans to games across the country etc. Its the fairest way imo.

3. Anyone has a right to join any group they like. But I dont think the Club should show favour to any groups.

4. The Club and its PR should deal with media lies and smear campaigns. It should be nothing to do with any fans group, if any fans group wants to release a statement about any issue thats fine and its their own business, VBs SOS and RST release statements all the time. But the Club should be tackling these issues independently.

5. Yes, but they should have been listening more closely.

In conclusion I think fans groups are a bad idea in general if they wish to have any sort of power. The reason I like VBs is they seem focused on tackling issues and not focusing on getting into directors boxes or making money. Theyre just a fans group who wants to help defend the fans and the Club and from what ive seen over the years theres been no sort of profiteering from them etc. They say many things that I dont 100% agree with but for the majority of the time I can say they carry the same senitments as I do.

There should be no one face of the fans. RSCs already have regional meetings where reps take votes and represent their RSC, if the Club focused more on them then thered be no need for fans groups.

To me the idea behind most fans groups is "lets take what they wont give us and force our point of view on everyone else" which is wrong. Id prefer the fans focused on supporting the team. I know OP didnt want specific groups to be called out etc, but at the end of the day who are CH and SOS to tell anyone one what to do? The retail deal is an issue for DK and the board to deal with, not some fan who doesnt really have a clue about the deal or how to run a Club or any part of it.

The fans groups, all of them, played are a major part in the shitstorm of last year, and there was absolutely nothing positive about last year so I dont see how any of them can think of themselves as heroes.

I mind back before admin the only groups youd really hear about were TBO, UBs, and Club Deck Loyal, and the reason you heard of them if because they brought colour and song to the games, Not all this boardroom politics shite. Then groups like the UBs went all political and now most think they are a bunch of wee fannies, because what do a bunch of teenagers know about running a club? Fuck all. This whole "without us Ibrox would be a morgue" is just a lie they made up themselves to big themselves up, but you know what, if they actually acted like it, and tried to bring song and colour to the game instead of all their boardroom nonsense then maybe folk would like them more.

Even the democratically elected fans board got stick off half the fans groups, the board, as shite as they were, actually put in an effort to speak with the fans and hear their issues but the dafties in the fans groups ruined that as well, to suit their own agenda not that of the clubs.

I just wish theyd leave the club and the rest of the fans alone, most of us dont care about your personal crusades, or your opinions, so stop trying to force them on everyone.

why has it not happened?Could you give us specifics of why?

It doesn't happen because we are cliquish and apathetic. I'm only talking about my personal experiences of trying to get Bears to show force. For example, I organised the demonstrations at the BBC. I reckon we had about 350 and 250 Bears attending. Now, this was on match day and just along from the stadium. If Rangers fans can't be arsed demonstrating against an organisation steeped in hatred for our club and fans, then what will they protest about?

why has it not happened?Could you give us specifics of why?

Because no one can agree on what the issues are.

and because fans engaging is worthless nonsense. Go and support the team. If there are specific issues then raise then with the RSA and if need be a Fans Board should be set up by the Club, with a vote from season ticket holders.

The last thing we need is another march to hampen for another bunch of folk to stick their heads above the parapet claiming to be the fans saviour.

The Club should appoint a few men (maybe even ex players) to go round the numerous RSCs at their monthly meetings and just speak to them and see what the issues are, because as weve seen recently the fans with the loudest voice usually dont speak for the majority. So the Club should be dealing with this from the inside out and take some initiative to communicate with the support.

Frankly, I, and many many fans, will never ever trust another fans group or fans spokesman again if their group was set up independently from the Club. And many many more fans have never gave a shit about what fans groups say because they dont come on forums like this.

Fans groups just don't appeal to me and we are all part of the biggest fan group there is, individually and together we are all Rangers Fans at the core and that is enough of a group for me. i want to see my team play football and that's what i pay my ticket money for, i don't pay to start getting into the political, financial or business side of things which seems to be what the multitude of self proclaimed groups do.

on here i'll debate these things happily, on match days these issues shouldn't spill onto the grounds in and around Ibrox, especially on Remembrance weekend.

It doesn't happen because we are cliquish and apathetic. I'm only talking about my personal experiences of trying to get Bears to show force. For example, I organised the demonstrations at the BBC. I reckon we had about 350 and 250 Bears attending. Now, this was on match day and just along from the stadium. If Rangers fans can't be arsed demonstrating against an organisation steeped in hatred for our club and fans, then what will they protest about?

I dont think protests like that actually acheive anything.

What do you thinks going to happen, the BBC are going to come out and say "we're sorry, but youre right, weve been biased against the Rangers for years and we're going to pack it in now"

The best thing the fans can do is put all this shite behind us and make our only focus be supporting Mr Warburton and the team, ensuring promotion and make sure Ibrox is full next season.

The fact is many fans cant be arsed turning up to games let alone to protests.

There should be 50,000 Rangers Fans groups, all who dont interfere with the other groups, all who mind their own business and all who want to support the team.

I've no idea? I've tried to get Bears and Unionist to engage for years now.

I echo your thoughts, we are easily the most apathetic majority in the country with the potential to have it ALL our own way but are forever squabbling amoung ourselves to make that majority count.

Some of the most memorable nights atmosphere wise took place before most of the Union Bears were even born so this whole 'Ibrox would be silent without the Union Bears' idea is nonsense.

I must be on something today. I am fully in agreement with Sket. So he can post sense and not just insults. Keep it up fellow Bear.

I dont think protests like that actually acheive anything.

What do you thinks going to happen, the BBC are going to come out and say "we're sorry, but youre right, weve been biased against the Rangers for years and we're going to pack it in now"

The best thing the fans can do is put all this shite behind us and make our only focus be supporting Mr Warburton and the team, ensuring promotion and make sure Ibrox is full next season.

The fact is many fans cant be arsed turning up to games let alone to protests.

The BBC admitted to us in private, certain reporting had been wrong. Doing feck all isn't an option any more.