Mcgregor Myth...

graeme_4

The CBs have taken a fair bit of stick over the last few months (some rightly, and some unfairly IMO). A number of folk have had a right go at them for their performances (Wilson in particular who seems like somewhat of a whipping boy) and Warburton for letting McGregor go who was 'better than what we have now'.

I like McGregors effort when he was at us, but he lacked positional sense and had poor distribution. I was happy enough for him to leave. We've progressed beyond what he could contribute.

He was honking today, and from my count he was at caught out of position for at least 3 of our goals today - think today shows Warbs got that decision spot on. Hopefully we can put this arguement to bed now.

Just need to play a game against Kane Hemmings to get the next myth debunked! :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said on the other thread last week about him that I don't have an issue with MW saying he didn't have a future, today proved that (as did the game against the Mhanks last season). What I do have an issue with is letting players go for nothing and then they find themselves in key opposition and being regular picks - there's clearly a value in this player then.

Slightly disappointed that McKay didn't rip him more

Wilson gets an extremely hard time of it on here for 2 mistakes hes made all season.

McGregor has been overrated on here for about 18months. He got ripped time and time again from Wallace and McKay. So much show he practically assaulted Wallace in the second half. A kick and hope defender, never good enough to play for us.

McGregor makes an effort every game, which made him stand out amongst the many chancers last season but we have not missed him.

Wilson has been OK this season but can't seem to concentrate for 90 minutes. He was pretty good today, I thought, but looked like he was knackered by about the 70 minute mark.

After schoolboy defending by Kiernan when he should have played offside at the first goal, then Wilsons abysmal performance what made you think this would somehow make McGregor who's not great look much worse.

Our defence is not good at all.

I hope this thread wasn't in defence of our defence because, well, wow!!!

Our defence and our 2 cb's in particular are absolutely dreadful and should be punted by the summer if we go up with automatic promotion.

Kiernan can be a bit slack but on his game, like he was today, I think he'll come good and some of his passing was top notch.

Wilson gets an extremely hard time of it on here for 2 mistakes hes made all season.

McGregor has been overrated on here for about 18months. He got ripped time and time again from Wallace and McKay. So much show he practically assaulted Wallace in the second half. A kick and hope defender, never good enough to play for us.

He tried 5 times in a row to pass to any player not wearing green

Failed all

Don't think either Wilson or DM are particularly good.

DM managed player of the year when probably more than half the squad had ostensibly downed tools or were simply awful. The award was given more for consistent effort, and if we are being honest, should have skipped a year as anyone receiving the thing was quite frankly an embarrassment.

Looking reasonable in the worst and most poorly constructed Rangers team it's been my misfortune to watch didn't hide his failings.

Said on the other thread last week about him that I don't have an issue with MW saying he didn't have a future, today proved that (as did the game against the Mhanks last season). What I do have an issue with is letting players go for nothing and then they find themselves in key opposition and being regular picks - there's clearly a value in this player then.

Slightly disappointed that McKay didn't rip him more

I agree with what you say mate, but Hibs would never have been able to afford even £150k for McGregor imo, it was probably cheaper to let him leave for free and get rid of his no doubt 3k or more per week wage that would amount to £150k at least a year.

Hibs were reported to be interested in Shiels before they signed Allan but they couldn't seem to afford to stump up his fee either..

I also fully agree with OP good decision to let McGregor go and Wilson+Kiernan are better than him.

Wilson showed his skill today with a clearance from a byline knock in cross to the 6 yard line that stopped a certain tap-in goal for hibees before it went 1-0.

i dont think kiernan is any better, his positioning at the first goal was frightening, he was caught ball watching instead of pushing up and playing men offside

Stuart McCall witnessed the same incident, said that goal wasn't the fault of any single Rangers defender as he knows there has been speculation about them recently.

The hibs players shot at edge of box when Kiernan was standing there like you mentioned, that shot from the hibs player was going to be blocked on the line by Kiernan if it wasn't deflected right into Cummong's boots for him to score from at the other side of goal from Kiernan.

Kiernan nearly scored today if his belter of a shot on the spin when he started facing our goal wasn't blocked at edge of hibs box at around 10 mins, Kiernan and Wilson are good.

Stuart McCall witnessed the same incident, said that goal wasn't the fault of any single Rangers defender as he knows there has been speculation about them recently.

The hibs players shot at edge of box when Kiernan was standing there like you mentioned, that shot from the hibs player was going to be blocked on the line by Kiernan if it wasn't deflected right into Cummong's boots for him to score from at the other side of goal from Kiernan.

Kiernan nearly scored today if his belter of a shot on the spin when he started facing our goal wasn't blocked at edge of hibs box at around 10 mins, Kiernan and Wilson are good.

Kiernan didnt follow the rest of the defence out the goal was his fault as he played Cummings onside. Wilson is not a good defender.