Templeton

GOAT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just takes up a space one of the young players who want to be footballers need.

Maybe, but I think he should get one more chance. We all know he's good enough if he can get fit and consistent. Better than any other player that can play his position, including McKay.

I would give him until the end of the season to prove he can stay fit. If he can, we have a very good player. If he can't, then we have a wage that we can give to someone else.

------------

I think Templeton only started one match before injury this season so that is one start, one goal + an assist! I wouldn't knock Templeton away if he started playing to his best form when he comes back from injury. I would think Templeton is easily one of the best top 3-5 Premiership wingers if he plays well when we get promoted.

He played an hour in the first two games and was a late sub in the third and has been broken since. Looking at that as pure stats then he scored one goal in something around 140 minutes of play, look at that another way though and he was the weakest player on the park in both the first games then got dropped because he was shit then bruised an eyelash and hasn't kicked a ball since.

Every time he comes back from one of his many many injuries there's some calls to give him a chance because he has potential to be a good player and every time the same thing happens, he gets a game or two as a sub to try and bring him up to fitness, he looks weak and out of it but occasionally scores a goal then he gets a broken flask and is out again. You can blame Ally for some of that as the full squad looked weak and out of it but at the end of the day we're carrying him and we can't afford to do that.

The cunt that thought Dominic Ball was as big a signing coup as Laudrup. i dont think i'd need that advice to be honest.

Eh no I said one of the best signings since him in Scottish Football..

You just put words in other people's mouths to try and make yourself seem correct

Darren McGregor, Seb Faure and Emilson Cribari have offered more to this club than David Templeton ever has; he should be ashamed of his time here.

I thought we had a player when we signed Templeton, it was an absolute steal, having found ourselves in the Third Division, to have signed a player who had performed well against us in the SPL and who the night before, had scored at Anfield in a European fixture.

He has, however, been the worst signing and investment that I can remember in my lifetime.

Against sides like Elgin, Annan and Berwick, he should have made their part-time players look like children, but he made not a single impact in the entire season that year. Nor the next, nor the next.

At Hibs, he was our weakest link during the 6-2 game. He wasn't on for long, I don't think, but I do remember that he offered nothing. One game under Warburton, yes, but after three and-a-bit years of fuck all, I've given up hope on him.

Had he not been on £7,000 per-week, he would have been released in the same fashion as McGregor, but we wouldn't be stupid to pay a huge pay-off and he knows he won't get that money elsewhere.

I look forward to his contract expiring, knowing that he won't be on our payroll.

It's sickening that such an absolute failure of a player is earning more than some Bournemouth players, Premier League players, for example, are earning.

I'm willing to give Templeton another chance as when he was on his game he played some good stuff and had the knack of scoring important goals from distance when required. And that was in the worst Rangers team under the worst management.

When he first came he had a good understanding with both Law and Wallace and I could see lots of potential there, but the old management's idea of tactics and team play kind of held that back, and then there were the injuries.

Now lets talk about the injuries.

A lot of posters on here give Templeton all kinds of abuse and stick about injuries, and continuously slag him off even though he is not playing. (I suspect mostly those wee handwringers who slated Nicky Law are now on to it as they and no longer have that outlet, you know who you are), but do you really believe he is out through injury just to annoy us?

So let's hope that he gets back and has the chance to play alongside Law and Wallace, free of injury, in a successful fast forward moving team, then we can judge him.

I'm confident.

Hasn't been able to stay fit for any significant period in his time here. Hasn't greatly impressed when he has been fit. No idea why Warburton would give him a new deal.

He'll go to a shite team like Kilmarnock or back to Hearts and probably look decent like he did a few years ago now that the pressure is off again and he's playing for a team that tolerates two shite games out of three.

I'm willing to give Templeton another chance as when he was on his game he played some good stuff and had the knack of scoring important goals from distance when required. And that was in the worst Rangers team under the worst management.

When he first came he had a good understanding with both Law and Wallace and I could see lots of potential there, but the old management's idea of tactics and team play kind of held that back, and then there were the injuries.

Now lets talk about the injuries.

A lot of posters on here give Templeton all kinds of abuse and stick about injuries, and continuously slag him off even though he is not playing. (I suspect mostly those wee handwringers who slated Nicky Law are now on to it as they and no longer have that outlet, you know who you are), but do you really believe he is out through injury just to annoy us?

So let's hope that he gets back and has the chance to play alongside Law and Wallace, free of injury, in a successful fast forward moving team, then we can judge him.

I'm confident.

The guy is absolutely garbage and very rarely got 90 minutes when he was at Hearts , he should never have been signed and many on here said it at the time.

Its a stone wall certainty that this donkey will make a miraculous recovery from the injury table as soon as hes got to work for his wages at a much smaller club than he is at now.