Templeton

GOAT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really don't understand some of the comments on here. Even if you don't rate him, or view him as the anti-Christ as some appear to, the club Is not going to save any significant money on him at this stage in his contract. Far better to let him see out his contract, giving him effectively six months to prove himself (similar to Forrester). I would be amazed if someone of MW's intelligence doesn't go down this route, particularly as Templeton ticks many of the boxes in what he looks for from players.

Still receiving treatment.

If he gets back to what Warburton thinks is an acceptable fitness, and all parties can agree I'd give him a new short year deal. He's not really had an opportunity under Warburton and everybody deserves a clean slate. Not exactly his fault he's been injured. I'm fully aware that he was disappointing under McCoist in the last couple of seasons but he was very good when he joined.

I see your logic here and we've had plenty of examples of players turning it around under a different manager.

He certainly has it , though we've seen little evidence of that. Problem is we now have a settled side and even looking to add to it , so I'm not sure he'll break into it. Could be an opportunity to get a high earner off the bill .

just imagine for one minute templeton is actually a genuinely poor athlete, and his skill is not really in question from a lot of us. it vvould be difficult for him to take getting somevvhere, and never gaining any momentum because of injury, it vvould depress the hell out of me, especially if i had signed for rangers.

i think vve should maybe give the guy a break from the bashing, vvould be great if he could finally fulfill his potential - even although the odds are stacked against it novv. i for one vvould vvish him all the best, and frankly most people vvere excited by his signing - it's just not vvorked out as most envisaged (except from the smart asses of course)

Have to laugh at all the negative comments. The same people who were writing Law off four months ago and he has turned out to be one of our best players this season. Templeton, under a decent manager, could be the same. Mr Warburton will decide.

:lol:

Totally disagree, we can't have passengers next season. When we have a small lean squad reliability is key and a player who constantly suffers injury problems isn't going to benefit us.

Plus he's getting on now, let's look at young players who can come in and challenge.

This (tu)

Next season is probably the least opportune time for us to be carrying passengers. All dependent on budgets, however, we will be needing an additional injection of quality, not someone sitting on the treatment table for half a season.

Other examples provided by people are all well and good, the mitigating factor, however, being the vast majority of them don't have legs made out of crisps. Spends an inordinate amount of time out injured and the minute you even hear we are playing on a plastic pitch you want him about twenty miles away from the ground on a match day.

He has played twice as many professional games as Harry Forrester and is only one year older.

Could still be a good player but he really needs to kick in from here on in.

I think that Warburton understands we spent 400k to sign Templeton, so I think he will give Temps a chance to prove himself when he comes back from injury & I think it may be the same for Forrester to prove himself and is probably the reason his contract is only 6 months too mate although I think he will be a great signing.

I think Templeton only started one match before injury this season so that is one start, one goal + an assist! I wouldn't knock Templeton away if he started playing to his best form when he comes back from injury. I would think Templeton is easily one of the best top 3-5 Premiership wingers if he plays well when we get promoted.