Andy Halliday

King Jela

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

This threads ridiculous.  

Halliday done us proud last season, playing out of position and still on of our better players.  This season, don't worry you won't see him as much as as we now have better players and once everyone is match fit he will be on the bench, but this thread is still a disgrace.

(tu)

I think he will feature less once our other players are fit again but it definitely looks like he's the one being singled out as the whipping boy at the moment.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

Halliday is nowhere near good enough to get into that midfield 3, the guy is utterly clueless and gets away with it because he is a Rangers fan. Last season everyone around me in the ground gave Zelalem pelters if he gave the ball away, Halliday used to give it away 4/5 times more in a match and he would have nothing said because he's a Rangers fan. Hasn't contributed at all this season despite being played in his "preferred position". Barely good enough last season and isn't good enough this season.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Halliday is nowhere near good enough to get into that midfield 3, the guy is utterly clueless and gets away with it because he is a Rangers fan. Last season everyone around me in the ground gave Zelalem pelters if he gave the ball away, Halliday used to give it away 4/5 times more in a match and he would have nothing said because he's a Rangers fan. Hasn't contributed at all this season despite being played in his "preferred position". Barely good enough last season and isn't good enough this season.

This is quite ironic.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

This is quite ironic.

Why? Because I like Kiernan?

How about you look past that and actually try and tell me what Halliday brings to the team because I can't see anything at all.

It's quite amusing that you defend Kiernan constantly, yet slate Halliday who you describe as "nowhere near good enough" ?

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Why? Because I like Kiernan?

How about you look past that and actually try and tell me what Halliday brings to the team because I can't see anything at all.

Yes.

In an ideal world he would be on the bench. Pretty hard to play good consistently when you've not played in your natural position in the last two seasons.

Guest Lloyd72

Yes.

In an ideal world he would be on the bench. Pretty hard to play good consistently when you've not played in your natural position in the last two seasons.

The cunt is playing in his natural position ffs. He's a midfielder he's in midfield, he was DM last year but barely played there because he kept bombing forward, he's AM this season which is meant to be his best position yet he is still utter shite.

Yes.

What is his best position?  Is it on the left-wing?  Surely if he was amazing in that position the manager would be playing him there. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The cunt is playing in his natural position ffs. He's a midfielder he's in midfield, he was DM last year but barely played there because he kept bombing forward, he's AM this season which is meant to be his best position yet he is still utter shite.

Left midfield.

Guest Lloyd72

Left midfield.

Then lets stop playing him then since we don't play with wide midfielders, because he's shite in the centre of midfield.

Guest Lloyd72
7 minutes ago, the_gers_fan said:

It's quite amusing that you defend Kiernan constantly, yet slate Halliday who you describe as "nowhere near good enough" ?

Great point mate, now try Talking about Halliday :541:

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Left-midfield in a 4-4-2?  I don't think we need one of those. 

Or Left wing not a big difference.

Then lets stop playing him then since we don't play with wide midfielders, because he's shite in the centre of midfield.

Can you please stop calling players shite when your head is stuck up Kiernans arse.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can you please stop calling players shite when your head is stuck up Kiernans arse.

No

Can you please stop calling Kiernan shite when your head is stuck up Hallidays arse. 

Very similar situation to Kyle Lafferty.  He played on being the big Rangers man and our support lapped it up.  Lafferty was consistently average on the left-wing and our fans constantly gave it 'he's out of position'.  Lafferty got a chance up front against Hearts for about 80mins, never done a fucking thing, Jelavic came on for about 2mins and scored.  After that game people said Lafferty isn't a lone striker and needs someone next to him.  So it's like we needed to build the whole fucking team around this very average player.  I'd rather we didn't build our team around average players. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, the_gers_fan said:

I'm just pointing out that your opinion has no credibility when you describe Halliday as "nowhere near good enough" yet defend Kiernan??

Ok then, your opinion is no longer credible because you slate Kiernan yet think Halliday is good enough. ??

20 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wrong. Halliday is naturally a winger come left midfielder.

He hasn't had a chance in either of these positions because of the form of McKay and formation. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Ok then, your opinion is no longer credible because you slate Kiernan yet think Halliday is good enough. ??

Can you show me where I've "slated" Kiernan?

Halliday more than done a job last season when we were light on numbers in midfield. This season though, we have a variety of options so he won't get as much game time as last season and IMO, we do have better options. He will still have a part to play in this team though.