Andy Halliday

King Jela

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, ben51 said:

I agree in regards to when we play against SPL opposition. If we bring in the 5 or 6 players that keep being mentioned, he'll be one not starting.

Loveable guy considering the circumstances, but with a level head its fairly easy to see.

Agree with above.  Thing I noticed yesterday and against Falkirk was he lacks the strength or wee burst of pace to hold someone off when he receives the ball under pressure.

He can look good when he has time and space on the ball but that isn't going to be case against better opposition.

i love the fact he is a bluenose but I expect he will either have to change position or more likely be on the periphery of things when we go up next season.

14 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually agree with the OP to be fair.

Outwidth his shooting ability its hard to see what he does most of the time. Times today I wasn't even sure if he was still on the pitch

The most over rated and praised player at the club at this moment .He needs to contribute much more and not just be praised  because he is one of us .

Seems to be caught out of position when we lose goals quite often. All too often when the opposition breaks away we only have the two CB's defending. With our game plan of attacking FB's I'd have thought that the DM should be helping them out a bit more. 

Being played outwith his natural position , I'd say he's been average this season. The question is , is once we get a natural DM in the team where does he fit in ?  I think Holt and Law are ahead of him as things stand and it also looks like a position we're going to strengthen in the summer , so it will be interesting to see how MW utilises him . 

18 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

People use to praise the fuck out of Lafferty due to his supporter status and look how that turned out.

Aye, he pretty much dragged us over the line to the title himself in 2011 and arguably 2010 as well 

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The most over rated and praised player at the club at this moment .He needs to contribute much more and not just be praised  because he is one of us .

Ignoring all the hard, dirty work that gets overlooked by most fans, is 6 goals and 5 assists from a guy playing predominantly at DM not contributing enough?

MW gave Halliday a 4 year contract after just 6 months into a two year deal. Whether some in here can't see what he offers is irrelevant. The management see it.

I think his biggest asset is attacking, but he gets stuck in, has superb stamina and will do the grity work people often don't see, especially off the ball.

If/When we get a better defensive midfielder and he is pushed into a more attacking role, we'll see the best of him.

20 hours ago, King Jela said:

What is it he actually does? He's got a decent strike on him but that's about it. He's never a midfielder in a million years. He'd have been as well staying in the dressing room for the first half. 

Seems to get a free pass on here because he's a bear and said all the right things but he's nowhere near good enough for us. 

Well these forums are all about opinions and thankfully the only one that really matters is that of MW who is of the opinion that Halliday and Holt are good enough hence the extension of both their contracts or maybe the Rangers management team don't know what their doing as well and should come on here and get some great managerial advice.

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

Ignoring all the hard, dirty work that gets overlooked by most fans, is 6 goals and 5 assists from a guy playing predominantly at DM not contributing enough?

MW gave Halliday a 4 year contract after just 6 months into a two year deal. Whether some in here can't see what he offers is irrelevant. The management see it.

He could've made it 7 goals yesterday and won us the game, although it wouldn't have summed up his general poor performance on the day. 

Point being, his stats hardly sum up his performances for us this season.

Like someone else said, he's easily our most overrated and over praised player because he's one of us. 

If that had been Law yesterday he would've been slaughtered 

2 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

@King Jela is a tool.

I know you a massive fan Al and what I say doesn't mean I'm not either .Just feel he can do much much better to get the praise he gets .You are right in that it's Mark that picks the team .It does seem he is an automatic choice now .

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Well these forums are all about opinions and thankfully the only one that really matters is that of MW who is of the opinion that Halliday and Holt are good enough hence the extension of both their contracts or maybe the Rangers management team don't know what their doing as well and should come on here and get some great managerial advice.

I doubt he'd take someone having a different opinion as personally as some on here. 

If Mark Warburton becomes our Pep Guardiola then I'll blindly accept every decision he makes as the right way to go, until then I'll have my opinions for now (tu) 

22 hours ago, King Jela said:

What is it he actually does? He's got a decent strike on him but that's about it. He's never a midfielder in a million years. He'd have been as well staying in the dressing room for the first half. 

Seems to get a free pass on here because he's a bear and said all the right things but he's nowhere near good enough for us. 

Superb post, if Andy never supported us nobody would give a fuck about him.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He could've made it 7 goals yesterday and won us the game, although it wouldn't have summed up his general poor performance on the day. 

Point being, his stats hardly sum up his performances for us this season.

Like someone else said, he's easily our most overrated and over praised player because he's one of us. 

If that had been Law yesterday he would've been slaughtered 

Players have bad games, in general Halliday has been solid for us in his first 8 months. Law has been hot and cold for nearly 3 years.

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Players have bad games, in general Halliday has been solid for us in his first 8 months. Law has been hot and cold for nearly 3 years.

Has he? But his stats suggest he's done well for us over the last 3 seasons scoring 25 goals in his first 2 seasons alone from midfield , or do his stats not matter ? :rolleyes: