Andy Halliday

King Jela

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

Seems to be caught out of position when we lose goals quite often. All too often when the opposition breaks away we only have the two CB's defending. With our game plan of attacking FB's I'd have thought that the DM should be helping them out a bit more. 

Being played outwith his natural position , I'd say he's been average this season. The question is , is once we get a natural DM in the team where does he fit in ?  I think Holt and Law are ahead of him as things stand and it also looks like a position we're going to strengthen in the summer , so it will be interesting to see how MW utilises him . 

Law ahead of Halliday? Get that so far to fuck.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think Halliday has been solid for us this season, he does the graft that goes unnoticed a lot of the time and his link up play in generally good, as is his breaking up of play when opponents have the ball. He wasn't at his best yesterday but neither were others also, but back on point I think he will be a mainstay in the side going forward for a good few years and we have yet to see him at his best in a more ataking role, which I'm positive we will see soon. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Has he? But his stats suggest he's done well for us over the last 3 seasons scoring 25 goals in his first 2 seasons alone from midfield , or do his stats not matter ? :rolleyes: 

I wasn't the one who wanted to compare Halliday with Law.

One has been here 8 months contributing goals, assists, while working hard for the team in an unfamiliar position and earned a new long term  contract from the manager while the other has been here 3 years and regularly gone missing. It's a stupid comparison, no surprise you came up with it.

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Personally I think Halliday has been solid for us this season, he does the graft that goes unnoticed a lot of the time and his link up play in generally good, as is his breaking up of play when opponents have the ball. He wasn't at his best yesterday but neither were others also, but back on point I think he will be a mainstay in the side going forward for a good few years and we have yet to see him at his best in a more ataking role, which I'm positive we will see soon. 

The full team were under par yesterday mate, big Kiernan was my MOTM, the big chaps solid.

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Agreed mate, I wasn't overly impressed with him early on in the season but he's settled into his role superbly. 

Settled into his role brilliantly, be better if he had a settled partner beside him though, i don't like the chopping and changing between Wilson and Ball.

38 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I wasn't the one who wanted to compare Halliday with Law.

One has been here 8 months contributing goals, assists, while working hard for the team in an unfamiliar position and earned a new long term  contract from the manager while the other has been here 3 years and regularly gone missing. It's a stupid comparison, no surprise you came up with it.

:lol: 

Nice deflection. 

Just now, King Jela said:

:lol: 

Nice deflection. 

So you actually want to compare a 3 year spell against 8 months for players who play in opposite positions?

Again then, is 6 goals and 5 assists in 8 months from a DM not good enough?

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

So you actually want to compare a 3 year spell against 8 months for players who play in opposite positions?

Again then, is 6 goals and 5 assists in 8 months from a DM not good enough?

Not at all. I never even suggested that we compare Nicky Law's 3 year spell with Halliday's 8 month spell. I was only making the point that one's a bear so gets a free pass and the other doesn't, despite his impressive stats ;) although funnily enough, our defence (Kiernan and Wilson) have took pelters this season on many occasions from fans despite having statistically the best defence in the league. Interesting..

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Not at all. I never even suggested that we compare Nicky Law's 3 year spell with Halliday's 8 month spell. I was only making the point that one's a bear so gets a free pass and the other doesn't, despite his impressive stats ;) although funnily enough, our defence (Kiernan and Wilson) have took pelters this season on many occasions from fans despite having statistically the best defence in the league. Interesting..

Not interesting really, it's common practice on here to declare Rangers/Rangers players as not good enough...oh look. :lol:

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Not interesting really, it's common practice on here to declare Rangers/Rangers players as not good enough...oh look. :lol:

Unless they're in the paper talking about how they're that much of a bluenose that they were nearly born at a Rangers game. Then it's a different story. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Unless they're in the paper talking about how they're that much of a bluenose that they were nearly born at a Rangers game. Then it's a different story. 

That actually makes them more of a target on here.

23 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't think Halliday is good enough for us in the top flight.   

On what basis do you think that? He played against a top flight side yesterday, and was unfortunate not to score what would have been a very good goal. I thought he looked very good in what appears to be a more natural position for him.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

On what basis do you think that? He played against a top flight side yesterday, and was unfortunate not to score what would have been a very good goal. I thought he looked very good in what appears to be a more natural position for him.

On the basis of watching him play.  

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

He went into hiding yesterday for 90 minutes apart from when he hit that peachy shot. He was invisible yesterday, As he was against St Johnstone. 2 games against top flight teams and 0 impact. I think it's more than fair to think he'll struggle if we go up next season

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

1 thread in 8 months? Reaching..

Just because no one was as stupid as you to make a thread dedicated to it doesn't mean they haven't targeted AH, and others, for undue criticism just because he is a Bear.

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Just because no one was as stupid as you to make a thread dedicated to it doesn't mean they haven't targeted AH, and others, for undue criticism just because he is a Bear.

So Andy's a bigger target than others on here purely because he's a bear yet no one's actually posted criticism or started a thread questioning his selection because it would be stupid, aye? :lol: 

Some logic there :lol: