Barrie McKay

Jasper Blues

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

Me either. Derby were rumoured to be keeping an eye on him so his agent will be filling his head to either move or look for a bigger wage than we offered.

He has always had ego issues. Wouldn't have taken much convincing, IMO.

19 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Me either. Derby were rumoured to be keeping an eye on him so his agent will be filling his head to either move or look for a bigger wage than we offered.

If that's the case why were there no offers in the window ?  Don't get me wrong id like to see him sign it as he's had a decent season and looking like getting better all the time under Warburton but to be honest I have absolutely no idea what's the issues with the negotiations 

Barrie McKay easily replaced? I don't think so mate. Anyone with his pace at that age will cost at least half a million probably, or if from England more than a million, we were lucky to sign Barrie McKay in a youth free transfer. He has the potential to be Scotland's number one winger in the next 5 years.

Everton & Liverpool were reported to be scouting Barrie, right when he burst onto the scene in the 3rd division, I think he could play at Championship & Prem level one day. I just hope he stays at Rangers for as long as possible instead of not signing a new contract.

A easily relplaced hahaha

A very special talent for this country. Find me a winger his age and with his level of first team experience who can beat his man 1 on 1 as consistently as Barrie does.

Plays with such a remarkable confidence, a lovely player to watch. Would hate to lose him. 

Barrie should know how easy it is to have it all one minute and the next have nothing.

When he first appeared in a Rangers jersey he was acclaimed by the supporters then before he knew it was being farmed out to Morton and hardly able to kick his backside by all accounts.

Now MW has brought him in, helped improve his game and confidence, and made him a regular starter in the side. If he wants to keep improving then sign the contract. If he wants to chase the £ then I hope we get a decent fee. I'd like him to stay but any gap will be filled and we will continue to get better with or without him.

5 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

A easily relplaced hahaha

A very special talent for this country. Find me a winger his age and with his level of first team experience who can beat his man 1 on 1 as consistently as Barrie does.

Plays with such a remarkable confidence, a lovely player to watch. Would hate to lose him. 

Sam Nicholson at Hearts? 

10 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Barrie McKay easily replaced? I don't think so mate. Anyone with his pace at that age will cost at least half a million probably, or if from England more than a million, we were lucky to sign Barrie McKay in a youth free transfer. He has the potential to be Scotland's number one winger in the next 5 years.

Everton & Liverpool were reported to be scouting Barrie, right when he burst onto the scene in the 3rd division, I think he could play at Championship & Prem level one day. I just hope he stays at Rangers for as long as possible instead of not signing a new contract.

There's already young Scottish players performing in the Championship.  Ryan Fraser is a standout.

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's already young Scottish players performing in the Championship.  Ryan Fraser is a standout.

I agree mate. Fraser slipped my mind, and I guess in the next 5 years him and Barrie will become the two best Scottish wingers. I think Fraser would cost a million or more right now so I would rule signing him out (unless I heard we had a bid rejected), apparently he's doing very well.

8 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

I agree mate. Fraser slipped my mind, and I guess in the next 5 years him and Barrie will become the two best Scottish wingers. I think Fraser would cost a million or more right now so I would rule signing him out (unless I heard we had a bid rejected), apparently he's doing very well.

Wish we could sign Fraser but I think he's now beyond us :(

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Wish we could sign Fraser but I think he's now beyond us :(

Same mate :541: as soon as we win 55 that type of player will no doubt become more easily available to us if we want to sign them;)

McKay for me is like Zelalem, he is young, has lots of potential but is nowhere near the finished article.  Hope the talks have only stalled as he could turn into a star under the right management and direction.  

If he decides to go chasing the big payday then it is absolutely his decision bt one he may live to regret.

3 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

If that's the case why were there no offers in the window ?  Don't get me wrong id like to see him sign it as he's had a decent season and looking like getting better all the time under Warburton but to be honest I have absolutely no idea what's the issues with the negotiations 

Loads of teams keep an eye on players or scout them while not making immediate bids. Especially younger players.

We've already seen scouts from down England have been up watching our games so it's not that unbelievable that they'd be keeping an eye on a young player that's doing well and wouldn't be much of a risk fee wise with all the money even the shit clubs down there now have.