Should we recall Andy Murdoch?

WilliamFyfe

ANDY MURDOCH | QUEEN OF THE SOUTH

Andy Murdoch was an unused substitute as a single goal from Stephen Mallan after 25 minutes left Queen of the South outside the top four on goal difference.

Murdoch is yet to make his debut for the Doonhamers after joining them on loan following a period with Cowdenbeath during the first half of the season where he made 15 appearances, scoring twice.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No point in bringing him back to sit on our bench. I take your point if the boy isnt getting a game perhaps he could be loaned elsewhere to get some game time.

Think its good to send the young guys out as it opens their eyes to see how priveledged they are at Ibrox and Auchenhowie. It might encourage them to work even harder to be successful for us as they will have seen the alternative out there.

I think he should come back and he can start instead of Zelazem. He's our player and we should be developing our own, that's why he was put out on loan and QoS for whatever reason are not starting him.

He's better off here and taking part in the 1st team, even sitting on the bench and getting on occasionally.

16 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I think he should come back and he can start instead of Zelazem. He's our player and we should be developing our own, that's why he was put out on loan and QoS for whatever reason are not starting him.

He's better off here and taking part in the 1st team, even sitting on the bench and getting on occasionally.

He isn't as good as either of them. Why would we weaken our side to play someone who is struggling to get a game for QOTS? 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He isn't as good as either of them. Why would we weaken our side to play someone who is struggling to get a game for QOTS? 

I'd prefer him back here and if he does prove to be rotten, then let him go and concentrate on other youths.

I see no point in keeping him on the books if he's not going to play for us, but I think MW may be able to do something with him, otherwise he's have released him by now.

But as it's a game of opinions, that's mine. Not claiming it's superior to anyone else.

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

I'd prefer him back here and if he does prove to be rotten, then let him go and concentrate on other youths.

I see no point in keeping him on the books if he's not going to play for us, but I think MW may be able to do something with him, otherwise he's have released him by now.

But as it's a game of opinions, that's mine. Not claiming it's superior to anyone else.

I watched Zelalem against Raith Rovers and i watched Murdoch against them last season, Murdochs performance was excellent compared to Zelalem who supporters were shouting to get off the park.

I also thought Murdoch did well against Hibs he made Scott Allan go wide on a few occasions to get away from him.

I thought Zelazem was giving away passes all day on Saturday and although he comes out with a good one occasionally, most of them are poor and some of the reverse passing up the lanes of the penalty box have very little chance of a player getting to it, never mind getting a goal.

There's still half a bus to get through!

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

I thought Zelazem was giving away passes all day on Saturday and although he comes out with a good one occasionally, most of them are poor and some of the reverse passing up the lanes of the penalty box have very little chance of a player getting to it, never mind getting a goal.

There's still half a bus to get through!

For me he's not as good as Law or Shiels in that position, he struggles against any physical challenge.

Always the way on here with Rangers youngsters, they're either the next big thing, a la McKay etc, or they're worse than useless, a la Aird etc.

Murdoch showed good quality last year. For whatever reason MW doesn't rate him currently so it makes sense to loan him out to get games. If he's not getting games out on loan then the whole exercise is pointless.

If he's not playing, then absolutely. The purpose of leaving on loan is to secure first team football.

Having said that, I don't know how long he's been at Palmerston. I do know that he had a very fruitful spell at Cowdenbeath and rightly so, Warburton seen this an opportunity for him to step-up a level in quality.

Personally, I haven't been blown away by him. Apart from one impressive game away to Raith, I don't think he offered a great deal. Neither did anyone last season, though, and Murdoch has age on his side.

49 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Don't think he's good enough for our first team. Don't get the high opinion of him people have of him. Never seen much myself. Even though he's younger, Zelalem is better than Murdoch was last season. 

Not being an automatic pick for QoS should tell us something.

I'd like to see us bringing young players through, but they do have to be good enough. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Although Murdoch didn't reach the heights Lewis did for us, his performances last season were much brighter than Zelalems. I was wax lyrical of this loan capture, but I think he's been extremely poor bar the odd game. I think Murdoch would have offered more this season,

Agree he's a better player at Rangers than Zelalems shown.

2 minutes ago, WilliamFyfe said:

He's getting wasted sitting on the bench for Queens. Would he be best playing for our u20s?

We've promoted most of our u18/u17s to our U20 this season to give them better competition. If he isn't in the managers plans then they won't want to take up a place instead of players like Burt, IMO. At 21 if MW doesn't want him, the fair thing for the player is to let him go to a club who will play him.