Danny Wilson

Essandoh

Didn't see game yesterday so don't know if this thread is an overreaction. 

But Wilson is not a great CH. He gets bullied off the ball, doesn't dominate in the air, and thinks his range of passing is far better than it is. He's also prone to individual errors.

With Herts he seemed to dominate; with us he seems more like a boy in a man's game at times.

If I were opposition manager I'd pinpoint him as the weak link.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Wilson seems to be the goto guy for the boo boys (both on here and at games)

But Tav was rank for weeks and it was hardly mentioned, and in fact he's only been better than average recently!

Its just the usual from us as fans one player is picked out for the abuse when things are going badly no matter how many other players are as bad!

He got slated day in, day out at that time. 

Kiernan use to get slated a lot when he started too, specially since he gave away a lot of silly goals (first game against alloa that went 5-1) 

Foddy comes under fire allot, same with McKay, Miller and recently Waghorn too.

I think Wallace is the only one that goes without harsh judgement. 

How about just not trying to blame a specific player, because, apart from not scoring, no specific players were really the only ones at fault

It's probably the cool thing to do right enough, to try and pretend you know what you are talking about and try push the blame onto specific players, instead of just saying, ah, we were unlucky today but we will win the league and Alloa will be relegated, form is temporary class is permanent let's support our team

Efe Ambrose makes more costly, and more numerous errors than our entire defence by the look of it, but yet on here our defence get slated for no reason week on week, even if we don't concede, if I looked at Kerryfail st  I doubt they sit and slate/try to slaughter Ambrose every week like some peopel try to make our players scapegoats :shifty: 

6 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

How about just not trying to blame a specific player, because, apart from not scoring, no specific players were really the only ones at fault

It's probably the cool thing to do right enough, to try and pretend you know what you are talking about and try push the blame onto specific players, instead of just saying, ah, we were unlucky today but we will win the league and Alloa will be relegated, form is temporary class is permanent let's support our team

Efe Ambrose makes more costly, and more numerous errors than our entire defence by the look of it, but yet on here our defence get slated for no reason week on week, even if we don't concede, if I looked at Kerryfail st  I doubt they sit and slate/try to slaughter Ambrose every week like some peopel try to make our players scapegoats :shifty: 

You know far to much about that other mob , wonder why ?

11 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Oh ffs. What a roaster.  :))

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Oh ffs. What a roaster.  :))

You and saddaaa are the roasters mate

Wilson hasn't conceded more than one goal this season that was solely his own fault.... yet he takes flak on here every time it's not 4-0.

Ambrose has basically near single-handedly got them put out of Europe twice at least with the amount of soft goals he concedes with individual errors, at least 5x more individual errors than Wilson - yet basically everyone on here has already made their mind up and think they know it all when they're wrong. My point Wilson is more of a false scapegoat to us than Ambrose is to them and that's worrying.

Posting dour stuff on here and turning the place into a morgue doesn't help anyone, neither does trying to pinpoint specific players as an issue when they weren't, I take it you're just one of the people who were posting "Hibs are going to beat us" "Stokes is going to score a barrel load for them this season" etc yesterday after the draw only to get  embarrassed later on

Wilson is journeyman Scottish player,not great not rubbish just average,why do you think Liverpool and

hearts let him go? My mate who's a Liverpool season ticket holder for 30 years watched him when he went

down there in reserve games and league cup games and said he was the slowest player he had ever seen.

even hearts fans weren't too fussed when he left,that must tell you something,nobody ever says,pundits

or people within football that Wilson is a good player,he won't be good enough for the top division,we can do

far better than him

11 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Wilson hasn't conceded more than one goal this season that was solely his own fault.... yet he takes flak on here every time it's not 4-0.

Ambrose has basically near single-handedly got them put out of Europe twice at least with the amount of soft goals he concedes with individual errors, at least 5x more individual errors than Wilson - yet basically everyone on here has already made their mind up and think they know it all when they're wrong. My point Wilson is more of a false scapegoat to us than Ambrose is to them and that's worrying.

Posting dour stuff on here and turning the place into a morgue doesn't help anyone, neither does trying to pinpoint specific players as an issue when they weren't, I take it you're just one of the people who were posting "Hibs are going to beat us" "Stokes is going to score a barrel load for them this season" etc yesterday after the draw only to get  embarrassed later on

Ffs yes wilson is picked out too much and isnt as bad as made out at times but what the fuck has that got too do with that tarrier cunt 

Just now, Ivybank said:

Wilson is journeyman Scottish player,not great not rubbish just average,why do you think Liverpool and

hearts let him go? My mate who's a Liverpool season ticket holder for 30 years watched him when he went

down there in reserve games and league cup games and said he was the slowest player he had ever seen.

even hearts fans weren't too fussed when he left,that must tell you something,nobody ever says,pundits

or people within football that Wilson is a good player,he won't be good enough for the top division,we can do

far better than him

He's better than average.

And I couldn't give a fuck what one of the most deluded sets of fans in the world thinks, and Scottish fans who've just lost their captain to Rangers are hardly a barometer to trust. Hearts tried to keep him, and he exercised a clause in his contract to leave for free. He had another year on his deal, but triggered a break clause to join us. 

He's being targeted unfairly, when the likes of Wallace and Tavernier have been far more culpable defensively this season. Not so much at Ibrox, but online here, which says it all. 

25 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

As I said , a roaster. Chucking stats around regarding that lot has got fuck all to do with us. 

And by the way stay off Kerryfail st mate cos you end up yaking like a taig. 

17 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Sadly he is powderpuff as a central defender .He isn't much threat st set pieces for us either .Thought we earned the win today but as per usual .A team creates one ,possibly two chances and scores against .That is unacceptable as it's just happening far too often 

Hertz built a team of strong hard men, some may say dirty bassas,  they were happy to let him go cos he doesn't fit that description. In saying that I still think he can be a good player for us with coaching from W & W.

If you watch the highlights of the last two games, Wilson hit a header off the bar against Kilmarnock at about 70 mins, and he also nearly scored into the top corner yesterday from a shot inside the box which forced their keeper into a bit of a wonder save. I think he has looked resolute in recent weeks, along with Kiernan and apart from a lucky corner yesterday they have been solid.

18 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

If you watch the highlights of the last two games, Wilson hit a header off the bar against Kilmarnock at about 70 mins, and he also nearly scored into the top corner yesterday from a shot inside the box which forced their keeper into a bit of a wonder save. I think he has looked resolute in recent weeks, along with Kiernan and apart from a lucky corner yesterday they have been solid.

Fair post mate .I can't really disagree with any of that .Just think we will get found out when we make the step up with this pairing .

They both as a pairing  don't offer us enough.

37 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hertz built a team of strong hard men, some may say dirty bassas,  they were happy to let him go cos he doesn't fit that description. In saying that I still think he can be a good player for us with coaching from W & W.

Maybe it's cause I played as a central defender ,but that's how I like my defenders at Rangers  .Born leaders and powerful and willing to put their heads where it hurts . Amo ,Butcher type . Danny Wilson will never be this .

18 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Stay with your man. Look at the fucking size of you, should never be pushed off that easily. Guy is a shambles.

Ball and Kiernan every time for me. He's nowhere near consistent enough.

Sorry, not a member of the Scapegoat Club. Hes done great in the last few weeks but, I bet you haven't noticed that.

44 minutes ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Spot on.

2 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

Wilson's been at fault for at least 3 imo, Efe Ambrose gets slaughtered like fuck on Twitter all the time, and he's no the only one.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

No they weren't. They tried to keep him. He exercised a clause in his contract to leave early. 

52 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wilson's been at fault for at least 3 imo, Efe Ambrose gets slaughtered like fuck on Twitter all the time, and he's no the only one.

Will you be slaughtering Tav as well? What about Kiernan? Wallace? Fod? All could be argued to have been at fault individually for goals we've conceded this year. All have made blatant errors that cost us goals. 

TBH in this league we don't get put under a lot of pressure as the stat's bear out with us having a consistent 70% of possession in games.  That is an amazing statistic in any league. The amount of chances we create are phenomenal, we just at times fail to put those chances away and no surprise at times when we have to get through 10 defenders camped in their box.

The few chances that opposition do get are generally at dead ball situations and counter attacks and that's when we get punished. Not many mind you as our opposition just don't get into our half that often. LBH the weakness is there. Wilson is not alone in this. Tav can and does have difficulty getting back and Keirnan can be vulnerable as Wilson at times. The difference might just be in attitude. Wilson is not the fastest for sure, but he is a big lad and should be more fearsome. As I've said previously, he also doesn't appear to read the game well with too many mistimed or deliberate bad tackles. Now if he could read the game better his lack of pace wouldn't be an issue. If that could be fixed, we would see a different player that you would have great confidence in. It may just be a mental thing with him just now that can be fixed, I don't know. I do hope he can step up to the next level, as it's more to our benefit than not, in having to bring in someone new. There would be nothing better than for this lad to take the next step up. We will not lose this league and in the extremely unlikely event that we did, it wouldn't be down to Wilson.

Some say there are others to blame or can be singled out, but it shouldn't be about blaming anyone and I would also like to point out that this thread IS about Wilson and therefore it is expected that his attributes will be dissected for better or worse. Yes, there are others, indeed more skilled, who could/should be performing better, but they are human, not machines, but again,  the thread is about Wilson, but he should not be blamed for anything, nor should others. It's not what this should be about. People do have varied opinions in what they think a player is, so no need to get so upset about it.

We play good football, a great system and IMO as a team and with our team sprit, no one comes near us. Never since the days of Laudrup and Gazza, the Hammer and Hateley and there likes graced the field, have I seen our football so good without any superstars. Sure, we need some fine tuning and a couple more players of quality, but we have a lot to be proud of and much to look forward to. Maybe better we didn't have threads about individual players, as human nature is, he will be dissected to death and some will get upset.